MRP / Trib. 2024 MRP Lotto thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Corr deserves weeks for stupidity
Regardless of if it’s stupid or not, we have blokes that are elbowing players in the head that are receiving fines, yet an open hand shove (yes it was not a punch at all) is a suspension.

Let’s see if the Cox one from Sunday is graded as a suspension. If not you have all you need to assess that Christen operates with his biases.

I would have thought the club might want to test out this one given what’s been let go this year. It would be pretty easy to argue that it is an open hand push that slips off the shoulder and into the neck. If anything that would be enough to have graded from intentional to careless.

He should go for this, although out doesn't look as bad as corrs. Corr's looks like a half open punch regardless of how you cut it.

Be angry about Jonas getting off for electing to bump and possibly causing facial fractures. That's as clear cut as it gets ...
If you watch it it’s an open hand shove.

If he was intentionally trying to strike him, then it’s the worst striking technique I have ever seen as you can see him clearly move away from the player, which shows at intention to shove off more than strike.

Not sure how you would think Cox is not as bad? Cox actually makes contact even though Haynes isn’t even touching him. Totally uncalled for and the very definition of a deliberate act.

It's semi scripted entertainment nowadays. Good guys, bad guys, crowd faves....
Reminds me of... I dunno.... WWE? Lol
It’s all about their favourite saying now….. PROFIT MAXIMISATION.

The integrity as a pure football competition disappeared a long time ago.

The main issue I have with the concept is that by favouring teams that bring in the most money, pretty much consigns the rest of the competition into a doom loop of poor exposure and inequity.

It’s your classic the rich get richer, while the poor stay poor.

As soon as revenue became the AFL’s key metric and not the product itself, this was always going to be the result.

Last edited:
How the * did Jonas get away with breaking Cam's jaw without even a report? How is that not high contact / went to bump. He even got surgery?!

I hate the AFL sometimes
There is no way he reviews all incidents. I think half the time he looks up what has got the media up in arms and only reviews those incidents.

Jonas is lucky that Bull is one tough son of a b and not a sook like that Port snowflake that looked like he wanted to cry after Corr gave him a gentle bitch slap.

How the * did Jonas get away with breaking Cam's jaw without even a report? How is that not high contact / went to bump. He even got surgery?!

I hate the AFL sometimes
I pretty much hate them all the time lol 1684117763819.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t actually even care what the end result is - if Jonas gets nothing and Zurhaar a fine so be it - but I just want some media attention to it.

EVERYONE else in footy gets slammed for being bad. Umpires especially. And then coaches. And players. List managers. Even ******* supporters cop it for not supporting the right way.

But Michael Christian is consistently an inconsistent deadshit and absolute ******* crickets.

I’m convinced he must have behind the goals footage of all these journos up to their eyeballs in some strippers crack doing Colombias finest. That’s why none of them even bother to comment on the bizarre inconsistency. For all his issues, Barrett is the only one who actually brings up the bizarreness of the MRO/tribunal decisions being so different.

Just showed the Zurhaar / Jonas incident on 10news

Tucks his arm in, shoulder hits him square in the jaw !

Why is not one commentator asking the question ? ? ?
Taking a break from caring about head injuries.

Just showed the Zurhaar / Jonas incident on 10news

Tucks his arm in, shoulder hits him square in the jaw !

Why is not one commentator asking the question ? ? ?

It's absolute rubbish mate just routine prejudice from the AFL.

Zurhaar needs to challenge and rock up in a jaw brace, just to make a point.

I don't really buy the narrative that we're always on the short end of the stick, you browse the umpiring/mrp threads for a while and you see almost every club saying that, but I will say that this particular instance is just ******* strange and the lack of questions or attention from the media is just serving to make me genuinely pissed off.

I don't really buy the narrative that we're always on the short end of the stick, you browse the umpiring/mrp threads for a while and you see almost every club saying that, but I will say that this particular instance is just ******* strange and the lack of questions or attention from the media is just serving to make me genuinely pissed off.

Insert;
. Danger
. Cripps
. Neale
. Heeney
. Dawson
. Roozee
. Daicos
. with a broken jaw

Different outcome ? Hell yeh ! 🤬

Remove this Banner Ad

Back