Resource 2024 Membership thread - it begins - with a kiss

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah it's a bit wrong to blame fans for not rocking up imo. Only reason I rock up is because I've already paid for it. I get zero enjoyment from being there.

Was nice that the jumper I bought yesterday at the event to thank long-term members was cheaper today with a special “match day” discount. I really really try not to bag people at the club but I was disappointed.

How does the MC have a job? He is horrific
The only thing worse than being a North supporter still showing up at games is doing it and being yelled at to make more noise. I’ll make noise when I see something worth making noise about, you absolute w***er.

The only thing worse than being a North supporter still showing up at games is doing it and being yelled at to make more noise. I’ll make noise when I see something worth making noise about, you absolute w***er.

I love it when you fire up H to h. Amen!

😂

Can you blame them??
Why should members turn up when the club and the playing group cant be f***ed

If the club had the resources and really wanted feedback they’d call a 10% sample of the members who didn’t attend and ask them why.

Make the players do it. Hear why these people who wore existential threats have stopped attending.

Hear the pain that what is being dished up is causing.

North members not attending is not a decision that is made lightly.

These are not fair weather supporters not going it’s rusted on people turning the dial down because it is mentally exhausting following us.

There was one highlight yesterday (in the three quarters I watched).

A kid took 3 bounces and hit a lead.

120 minutes for less than 10 seconds.

l went to the game yesterday , sat in level 2 in my newly allocated reserved seats (we got kicked out of our usual seats for the Arden lounge)and at 1/4 time was ready to leave to go home, not by the performance of the players but by the foul mouthed supporters next to and around me.F***s and C***s were coming out of their mouths towards the players. What was once an enjoyable day out even when we were losing has now become a terrible time going to the football. l would have liked to have moved to another seat but unfortunately anywere else makes to harder to see the game due to eyesight. If supporters want to swear and l mean vulgar swearing then stay home so true supporters can go to the game and enjoy it even when losing. Also STOP bring opposition supporters to the reserved seating area this is suppose to be for North members only..Rant over!!!!!!! :mad:

l went to the game yesterday , sat in level 2 in my newly allocated reserved seats (we got kicked out of our usual seats for the Arden lounge)and at 1/4 time was ready to leave to go home, not by the performance of the players but by the foul mouthed supporters next to and around me.F***s and C***s were coming out of their mouths towards the players. What was once an enjoyable day out even when we were losing has now become a terrible time going to the football. l would have liked to have moved to another seat but unfortunately anywere else makes to harder to see the game due to eyesight. If supporters want to swear and l mean vulgar swearing then stay home so true supporters can go to the game and enjoy it even when losing. Also STOP bring opposition supporters to the reserved seating area this is suppose to be for North members only..Rant over!!!!!!! :mad:

I decided to stick with the Premiership Club seats, what a mistake. We were told this was to minimise other fans coming in, there were almost more Hawks fans that North fans where I was on aisle 29. I understand that some are friends brought in but plenty weren't.

But I'll just shut up and buy my membership, I am certainly getting value for money!

I took my 10 year old daughter to the game yesterday and she loved it.

I wish I knew what she loved about it, because I felt defeated watching us play.

It’s not an enjoyable experience, so I can hardly blame people for not wanting to get on the car or on the train for 4pm on a Sunday to watch absolute dross.

The club should just be thankful that they have these people money, because if it gets any worse, with the cost of living I can see people opting out all together.

Paying money to be miserable is not many peoples idea of a good time.

Will it lead to the death of the club? Quite possibly. But that’s not on the members, that’s on the current custodians of the club, administration, coaches and players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s terrible. Fans yelling like that isn’t going to be heard by anyone they are directing their anger at, and will just upset the people sitting near them. My partner has vision issues too and it really removes a lot of flexibility that most people take for granted.

I had to leave my seat in the AFL members at half time, partly because the Hawthorn guy two seats away was carrying on like they were beating Geelong in a Grand Final while his girlfriend next to me watched something completely different on her phone at top volume, but mostly because a guy in front of me had the worst BO I’ve ever experienced at a game and what was happening on the field was making me nauseous enough. Stood behind our cheer squad for the third quarter then drifted past our members wing towards an exit early in the fourth.

I call bullshit.

(not on you GR)

There is simply no way that 500 people signed up in the last week or so.

No one who understands anything about football would be signing up and anyone who was a North Supporter would have signed up through the preseason before we were s**t.

I have long thought our membership numbers are smoke and mirrors. For me this all but confirms it.

That’s terrible. Fans yelling like that isn’t going to be heard by anyone they are directing their anger at, and will just upset the people sitting near them. My partner has vision issues too and it really removes a lot of flexibility that most people take for granted.

I had to leave my seat in the AFL members at half time, partly because the Hawthorn guy two seats away was carrying on like they were beating Geelong in a Grand Final while his girlfriend next to me watched something completely different on her phone at top volume, but mostly because a guy in front of me had the worst BO I’ve ever experienced at a game and what was happening on the field was making me nauseous enough. Stood behind our cheer squad for the third quarter then drifted past our members wing towards an exit early in the fourth.
People these days have no respect for those around them. They think they have the right to do and say what they want because they have a ticket...l rang the club and they said l should have contacted the stadium management whereas l said maybe you should contact those who own the seats and tell them a report has been made. As for the hawthorn supporter in the area its out of the control of the club. The person who bought the tickets can bring whoever they want.
On the bright side........l was sitting in the wrong bay.. :rolleyes:

Why the * am I paying for Social Club Bay access when any bloke with a GA ticket can waltz in?
Yeah this is wild. Outside of the initial ticket check to get in there is nobody stopping anyone. It's insane the club just allow this.

Yeah this is wild. Outside of the initial ticket check to get in there is nobody stopping anyone. It's insane the club just allow this.
I didn't even get the attendant to look at my ticket, I just went and sat there. I know I don't spend even close to the amount the top spenders here do, but I do expect that my $600 spent would get me some sort of exclusivity lol

Your spot on in your remarks but our true supporters that do attend get angry and frustrated so I can understand.
Then on your pet hate which is mine and a lot of reserve seat holders is seeing opposition sitting in our areas but the problems are is they are there as guest of our supporters and because we can’t fill our reserve seat areas whether that thru not selling those seats to our members and reserve seat ticket holders not turning up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back