Preview 2024 Mid Season Draft Prospects & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anybody know anything about Jack Cooley? 192cm mid who is putting up great stats in the WAFL, his draft profile says his strengths are clearances, contested work and his athleticism.

Does anybody know anything about Jack Cooley? 192cm mid who is putting up great stats in the WAFL, his draft profile says his strengths are clearances, contested work and his athleticism.

Was pretty good as a junior as a bullocking inside mid, back then he was only 188-189cm though. Despite his solid athleticism I don’t think he got drafted because decision making and kicking were well below average. Haven’t seen any of him recently to know if that has improved or not.

Was pretty good as a junior as a bullocking inside mid, back then he was only 188-189cm though. Despite his solid athleticism I don’t think he got drafted because decision making and kicking were well below average. Haven’t seen any of him recently to know if that has improved or not.
Thanks, I'll try to watch the next Perth game to see if his kicking has improved

You know it makes sense:

View attachment 1970157
You do realise he actually may have been handy with forward pressure and leadership this year. A completely limited footballer who tries to get everything out of himself wouldn’t have been the worst thing to have around a bunch of talented and unproven players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do realise he actually may have been handy with forward pressure and leadership this year. A completely limited footballer who tries to get everything out of himself wouldn’t have been the worst thing to have around a bunch of talented and unproven players.

If it didn't work last year or the years before that, then I'm not sure how it would've helped this year.

Can someone say definitively if sacking Tarryn Thomas has opened up a mid-season draft spot, and how many picks we have? Not suggesting any draftee(s) will be the answer to our woes, we are clearly a looooooong way back, but curious to know how many picks we have, what's out there and how any picks can be most constructively can be used.

We have two picks accessible, none from Tarryn and nobody in this draft is going to save us.
On talent, no. We're screwed. Is it time to take a punt on a suburban hard arse, a genuine ******* unit, to put a bit of physicality back into the team? Other sides know we have talent but are young and easily nudged off the ball..just put some big, hard bodies in there. Make the opposition second guess a bit. Or am I stuck in the 80s and 90s (I understand I might be)?
We've lost 1300+ games of experience over the summer... Cunnington, Ziebell, Goldstein and even Turner copped a lot of physical hits over the years and dished a few out. Who takes those hits now? Who's dishing them out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back