2024/25 Championship, Lower, Non-League & EFL Trophy - On beIN Sports and iFollow

Remove this Banner Ad

League Two is dominated by Northern clubs this season which will be a godsend for Carlisle supporters.

How far Carlisle United will travel in 2024/25 League Two

How far Carlisle United will travel in 2024/25 League Two​

20th May

By Jon Colman@joncolmanSports Reporter

Crewe, who lost the play-off final to Crawley, will be part of a much more northern heavy League Two next season (Image: PA / Barbara Abbott)

Carlisle United’s travelling commitments will be eased by nearly 1,600 miles in a northern-heavy League Two next season.

After the full fourth-tier line-up was confirmed by Crawley Town’s victory in the play-offs, United now know how far they’ll travel to fulfil their league games in 2024/25.

Paul Simpson’s side face a total round trip of 8,699 miles for their 23 away fixtures.

That is a reduction of 1,597 miles on 2023/24’s overall journey of 10,296 miles in League One.

A number of clubs are within easier reach for United and the Blue Army, such as Accrington Stanley, Barrow, Bradford City, Doncaster Rovers, Fleetwood Town, Harrogate Town, Morecambe, Salford City and Tranmere Rovers.

That group is joined by Crewe Alexandra who lost out to Crawley with a 2-0 defeat in the play-off final at Wembley on Sunday.

The longest trip will be to Gillingham, at 335.1 miles, followed by EFL new boys Bromley at 330 miles.

The shortest trip for the Cumbrians will be the 69.9-mile journey to Morecambe, followed by the 85-mile trip to take on fellow Cumbrians Barrow.

United have three away games at less than 100 miles – Fleetwood Town at 93.8 miles is the other.

And they have a 14 in total at under 200 miles.

United’s longest journeys in 2023/24 (in miles)​

1 Gillingham - 335.1
2 Bromley – 330
3 AFC Wimbledon – 320.7
4 Colchester United – 316.2

5 Newport County – 281.8
6 Swindon Town – 268.4
7 MK Dons – 262.1
8 Cheltenham Town – 238
9 Notts County – 204.2
10 Grimsby Town – 187.3
11 Walsall – 185.1
12 Chesterfield 167.5
13 Port Vale 150.7
14 Doncaster Rovers 145
15 Crewe Alexandra 143.6
16 Tranmere Rovers 128.3
17 Salford City 116.4
18 Harrogate Town 109.3
19 Bradford City 106.7
20 Accrington Stanley 105.1

21 Fleetwood Town 93.8
22 Barrow 85
23 Morecambe 69.9
Total trip: 4349.5. Total round trip: 8,699.

Commiserations to the Leeds supporters.
On the plus side, this thread will be much livelier now that the Leeds fans are still here!
And the Premier League threads better to read

I’d rather be in PL…gives more hope and wins matter more. Plus the longer you’re in Champ harder it gets.

I consoled myself after 2006 playoff final.. we’ll be back soon …and sure enough 15 years later we were back baby! Errgghh :(

I’d rather be in PL…gives more hope and wins matter more. Plus the longer you’re in Champ harder it gets.

I consoled myself after 2006 playoff final.. we’ll be back soon …and sure enough 15 years later we were back baby! Errgghh :(

As long as you don't piss your parachute money away you should be ok. When we went down in 2017 we made savvy signings like Nouha Dicko, Kevin Stewart and Stephen Kingsley..

Interesting if Corberan goes to Leicester though that WBA and Watford are now basically just Championship clubs, not Parachute clubs anymore, so it does show how small that window of advantage is.

As long as you don't piss your parachute money away you should be ok. When we went down in 2017 we made savvy signings like Nouha Dicko, Kevin Stewart and Stephen Kingsley..

Interesting if Corberan goes to Leicester though that WBA and Watford are now basically just Championship clubs, not Parachute clubs anymore, so it does show how small that window of advantage is.
Kingsley, Falkirk legend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

League Two is dominated by Northern clubs this season which will be a godsend for Carlisle supporters.

How far Carlisle United will travel in 2024/25 League Two

How far Carlisle United will travel in 2024/25 League Two​

20th May

By Jon Colman@joncolmanSports Reporter

Crewe, who lost the play-off final to Crawley, will be part of a much more northern heavy League Two next season (Image: PA / Barbara Abbott)

Carlisle United’s travelling commitments will be eased by nearly 1,600 miles in a northern-heavy League Two next season.

After the full fourth-tier line-up was confirmed by Crawley Town’s victory in the play-offs, United now know how far they’ll travel to fulfil their league games in 2024/25.

Paul Simpson’s side face a total round trip of 8,699 miles for their 23 away fixtures.

That is a reduction of 1,597 miles on 2023/24’s overall journey of 10,296 miles in League One.

A number of clubs are within easier reach for United and the Blue Army, such as Accrington Stanley, Barrow, Bradford City, Doncaster Rovers, Fleetwood Town, Harrogate Town, Morecambe, Salford City and Tranmere Rovers.

That group is joined by Crewe Alexandra who lost out to Crawley with a 2-0 defeat in the play-off final at Wembley on Sunday.

The longest trip will be to Gillingham, at 335.1 miles, followed by EFL new boys Bromley at 330 miles.

The shortest trip for the Cumbrians will be the 69.9-mile journey to Morecambe, followed by the 85-mile trip to take on fellow Cumbrians Barrow.

United have three away games at less than 100 miles – Fleetwood Town at 93.8 miles is the other.

And they have a 14 in total at under 200 miles.

United’s longest journeys in 2023/24 (in miles)​

1 Gillingham - 335.1
2 Bromley – 330
3 AFC Wimbledon – 320.7
4 Colchester United – 316.2

5 Newport County – 281.8
6 Swindon Town – 268.4
7 MK Dons – 262.1
8 Cheltenham Town – 238
9 Notts County – 204.2
10 Grimsby Town – 187.3
11 Walsall – 185.1
12 Chesterfield 167.5
13 Port Vale 150.7
14 Doncaster Rovers 145
15 Crewe Alexandra 143.6
16 Tranmere Rovers 128.3
17 Salford City 116.4
18 Harrogate Town 109.3
19 Bradford City 106.7
20 Accrington Stanley 105.1

21 Fleetwood Town 93.8
22 Barrow 85
23 Morecambe 69.9
Total trip: 4349.5. Total round trip: 8,699.
Wait until you get promoted and Rooney relegates Plymouth.

Always thought yo-yo clubs like West Brom used to be was actually the dream if you’re not one of the big guns going for the premier league. Spend the seasons in the championship winning way more weeks and still get the big fixtures and away days in the prem every couple of years.

There's definitely some traces of copium in my post, but I don't think this squad would have handled the PL very well. We saw how they dealt with Southampton taking it to them physically, a bit of a kicking, some cynical fouls and shirt pulling and we went into our shell.

Could argue you actually get more protection in the PL I guess. Of course we will lose a couple of decent players, but I'm hoping this forges something a bit stronger.

Wait until you get promoted and Rooney relegates Plymouth.
We have played Plymouth before, both home and away so both set of fans how long the trip is.

In fact, Plymouth were our opponents in the club's most famous game. The Jimmy Glass game. :)

If they were only a shirt sponsor then it’d be fine, but a minority stake makes it pretty clear the path they’re (and the 49ers) on.
RB Leeds incoming 2028.
First signing to RB Leeds, Welcome Peter Gulacsi.

If they were only a shirt sponsor then it’d be fine, but a minority stake makes it pretty clear the path they’re (and the 49ers) on.
RB Leeds incoming 2028.

They can’t change names and shirts etc in English football.

There’s already precedent.

There’s heritage laws to prevent owners doing it.

The stadium is a possibility.

They can’t change names and shirts etc in English football.

There’s already precedent.

There’s heritage laws to prevent owners doing it.

The stadium is a possibility.

You're welcome.

What do you mean they can't change shirts?

Can't change a team's colours. It was brought in in response to Cardiff, with the name/crest/etc. brought in in response to our name change debacle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back