2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Crazy we play him and Edwards down back and give Boyle all the midfield time.
It seems we drafted off his Nationals where he played on all VC's oppo's small forwards and absolutely blanketed them whereas for the Ballarat Rebels who he captained he played exclusively a dominant midfield role. Strange indeed we haven't utilised him in the midfield at SANFL level given his tough nosed run both ways approach.

No real height in the team today outside Strachan and Curtin, so a bit more switching at half back than usual, but coming undone quite a lot with the eventual down the wing bomb. Game is largely sitting in Sturt's forward half because of that.

No pedlar or Edwards in midfield while we watch a top up player Boyle play in there. Great development.
Understandable with Pedlar given he's returning from a discolated shoulder injury but both Edwards and Bond should be getting preference over Boyle in the midfield if it's all about development in the SANFL..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Curtin looks horrible in one on one contests. Positions himself terribly. Are we sure he was ever a defender?
Played a lot of defence last year, including full back on the best key forwards.

Agreed though that if I didn't know that I'd think he was totally new to defending.

Even if you're playing for a free kick, I'd still be embarrassed to be acting like Ned McHenry two hand shoving me in the chest was enough to knock me on my ass like Mike Tyson hit me square on the jaw.

Some nice moments for Bond and Taylor, Hamill has been good and McHenry okay. Not much else going on.

Curtin seems bereft of all confidence, that handball was woeful.
Saw it different, he wanted a one two. It looks more frustration than confidence.

It seems more clear now that the Crows want him to develop his defensive skills. Pretty dull for a naturally attacking 19 year old.

I'm frustrated for him, I just want the ball in his hands as he is generally composed and a good user.

On motorola edge 30 pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back