2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Doedee looked like he had stopped caring in his last two seasons here.

Smith, Laird and ROB just going through the motions.

As much as we bag ROB, I wouldn't be surprised if someone poaches him next year. Geelong, Collingwood, Richmond and Melbourne will all be looking for a ruck. He can finish his studies in Melbourne too.
Myself, I'd be shocked if that happened.

Taylor playing well in the SANFL, mostly as primary mid.

Are there other roles in the AFL team he could play?? Could he play the Murphy role?
Not really sure. Thought he was good today but it's not obvious what he would excel at aside from mid, where he's competing with Schoenberg, Berry etc. You'd hope the club had an idea. Has kicked a few goals at SANFL level before so maybe he'd be good as a Murphy/McHenry replacement, though I doubt he has their tank.

As much as we bag ROB, I wouldn't be surprised if someone poaches him next year. Geelong, Collingwood, Richmond and Melbourne will all be looking for a ruck. He can finish his studies in Melbourne too.

I highly endorse he finishes his studies there.

"
BEST

Kuwarna:
Hamill, McHenry, Boyle, Strachan, O’Leary."

No mention of Taylor, which is strange.
Club behind the bests, in the AFL write up Taylor was mentioned as best player, in SANFL where the club clearly has influence on best player naming, no mention of Taylor.

If they had Taylor, Curtin, Dowling mentioned each week the pressure to play them would not be in Nick's plans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t see the game today but looking at the write up and the stats did the Godden/Wright dynamic duo yet again give top-ups like Jay Boyle and Steve Burton prime midfield time while again shoving AFL listed players to the periphery? like Dowling to a wing, Pedlar to half-forward, Edwards at half-back & Bond down back?

I sent through ROB’s name to Gettable the other day to see what Cal Twomey thinks after they mentioned we would bring chasing rucks, hopefully answer this week if its not purely MSD

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not really sure. Thought he was good today but it's not obvious what he would excel at aside from mid, where he's competing with Schoenberg, Berry etc. You'd hope the club had an idea. Has kicked a few goals at SANFL level before so maybe he'd be good as a Murphy/McHenry replacement, though I doubt he has their tank.
More skilled than both Schoenberg and Berry inside the contest, elite handball and good by foot...only way we find out now is play him because his fitness is now up to scratch.

Didn’t see the game today but looking at the write up and the stats did the Godden/Wright dynamic duo yet again give top-ups like Jay Boyle and Steve Burton prime midfield time while again shoving AFL listed players to the periphery? like Dowling to a wing, Pedlar to half-forward, Edwards at half-back & Bond down back?
Dowling was pretty poor today by his usual Snaffle standards, doubt today'efforts would help his chances at AFL next week unless we get injuries.

Perhaps that's the roles they would have in the AFL?

"
BEST

Kuwarna:
Hamill, McHenry, Boyle, Strachan, O’Leary."

No mention of Taylor, which is strange.
Was at the game today and Hamill and Taylor were head and shoulders above the rest.

Dowling had a reasonable last quarter when he seemed to be playing behind the ball but McHenry was mostly ineffectual. Certainly didn’t create anything or break lines/break out of packs/carry the ball like Hamill and Taylor did… in fact the first two possessions I saw Ned have were two turn overs.

Bond looked neat enough whenever he got it but didn’t have it often. Pedlar looks crazy underdone and well of the pace. Curtin is impressive physically and athletically… he’ll be fine long term but I wish we were brave enough to just give him game time in the seniors, particularly in winnable games at home. Sure, ease him into senior footy, but do actually give him the opportunities…

And speaking of size, Hamill is noticeably bigger this year. He always looked like a boy against men, but he’s actually looking pretty solid now. I’m a bit more optimistic about him actually making it than I ever have been before.

But it’s hard to properly assess these guys. The top ups are pretty ordinary and a lot of play simply breaks down due to skill errors. Who knows how some of these young guys would look playing in a decent team surrounded by decent players… if only there was a senior team they could be selected for where they could have an opportunity to play alongside other good players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back