AFL RDT 2024 AFL DT

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm bringing in Massimo this week.

If I use Young to him Fisher becomes Serong and about $350k next week. If I use Coffield, Fisher becomes Crouch and $9k.

Thoughts?
The obvious answer is to get rid of Coffield, as he's clogging up a spot. But Serong would be really nice, especially with that money left over. I usually go against the grain, do risky (silly) trades, so really like Serong and money left over option. Fisher and Young expendable.

I know I should go Massimo for the value. Berry - Dempsey & Coffield - Massimo is an obvious trade (leaves me $200).

But Fisher to Gallagher (Footscray) & Berry to Caroll (Carlton) will get me Coffield to Wanganeen-Milera. Missing Massimo's money gains may be a killer though. But it's the kind of thing I do!

The obvious answer is to get rid of Coffield, as he's clogging up a spot. But Serong would be really nice, especially with that money left over. I usually go against the grain, do risky (silly) trades, so really like Serong and money left over option. Fisher and Young expendable.

I know I should go Massimo for the value. Berry - Dempsey & Coffield - Massimo is an obvious trade (leaves me $200).

But Fisher to Gallagher (Footscray) & Berry to Caroll (Carlton) will get me Coffield to Wanganeen-Milera. Missing Massimo's money gains may be a killer though. But it's the kind of thing I do!
Other option with the spare money is for me to go Powell over Dempsey as my third trade in and leave $90k. Very torn and have to hurry up and decide.

I really like Powell. Could only afford one of him or Fisher, picked the wrong one of course. Seems to have a good hold of his midfield role. Don't think it'll change unless his form really drops off. I could go Fisher to Powell. Like you, have to sort this out today!
Does Fisher to Powell get you Coffield to Mass?

Edit: just re-read prior post and seems it gets you there easy

Is grundy to xerri then bonner to serong a waste of trades?

Grundy has the eagles next week where he will drop a 125+ but then has the bye…

Xerri seems like a decent POD
Xerri should rise faster than Grundy. Do you have Jackson to cover Grundy's bye? I definitely considered that ruck swap this week and seems a lot are doing the same. He's second most traded in that I don't own behind Pink who people seem to be trading Coffield to.

Serong feels now or never while he's sub $1m.

Also how many have you got on that Swans/Pies bye. I've got 5 with Heeney and Daicos safe, Roberts probably not maxed out and Grundy/Jordon probably needing to go.

Xerri should rise faster than Grundy. Do you have Jackson to cover Grundy's bye? I definitely considered that ruck swap this week and seems a lot are doing the same. He's second most traded in that I don't own behind Pink who people seem to be trading Coffield to.

Serong feels now or never while he's sub $1m.

Also how many have you got on that Swans/Pies bye. I've got 5 with Heeney and Daicos safe, Roberts probably not maxed out and Grundy/Jordon probably needing to go.

I’ve got Jackson which is now annoying because I can cover grundy.

I’ve got Roberts. Jordan.

Don’t have heeney or daicos..why would I have the best defender and forward!!

Is grundy to xerri then bonner to serong a waste of trades?

Grundy has the eagles next week where he will drop a 125+ but then has the bye…

Xerri seems like a decent POD
thinking of doing the same

Grundy is really lumbering out there. We will definitely try to manage him vs eagles with reduced TOG, so not even guaranteed a 100 there.

Xerri is way hungrier out there from what I've seen so far

Coffield > Massimo
Grundy > Xerri

I might trade one of Sexton or TBerry to a better rookie for more cash (Dempsey maybe). Only got TBerry last week and that was a waste of a trade, he's a spud. Sexton also a spud and got moved fwd last week, he is finished

I’ve got Jackson which is now annoying because I can cover grundy.

I’ve got Roberts. Jordan.

Don’t have heeney or daicos..why would I have the best defender and forward!!
Watching Daicos he looks rubbish. Incredible he pulled a ton out last night. Was complete rubbish. Will be lucky to get 30 next week. He'd already be losing sleep over Finn's name appearing on the team sheet.

Does Fisher to Powell get you Coffield to Mass?

Edit: just re-read prior post and seems it gets you there easy
Nah, doesn't work, a bit short. Need a 3rd trade. Using 3 trades I really want to make a proper upgrade, like Coffield to Wanganeen-Milera. Might just do it, and hope passing on Massimo doesn't bite too hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maginness will be dropped this week and I can’t see him coming back for one game next week. He’s been terrible this season. Was horrendous as the sub in round 1 and awful by hand and foot last week in a full game.
I don't know Hawthorn very well, but surely Hustwaite has more ability and is deserving of a go. Had him in my team going into round one, was surprised he wasn't picked. Seemed to have a good pre-season

Last edited:
I don't know Hawthorn very well, but surely Hustwaite has more ability and is deserving of a go. Had him in my team going into round one, was surprised he wasn't picked. Seemed to have a good pre-season

Hustwaite will be in this week. He should come in for maginness. If it’s Maginness that gets dropped, he won’t be back next week. Hustwaite is still young and we’ve already got Mackenzie and ward in the team who are both under 21. Newcombe is also only 22. It’s a very young midfield.

That spud Hayden young was on 40 at half time..can someone explain to me how he’s going to end up scoring 130??

How is it that I have no daicos, no young, no crouch and no powell!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back