Remove this Banner Ad

5U Geelong O11.5 - $1.87
3.75U North O5.5 - $1.95
3.75U WB O11.5 - $1.87
2.5U GC U11.5 - $1.87
2.5U Haw U8.5 - $2
2.5U WC U4.5 - $2

Last edited:

Personal lly though the price was overs. Getting $4.75 for them to finish Top 6 as other 2 are locks
how are brisbane top 6 locks now theyve lost one of their most important players for the season.... there's so many teams that will be competing with them for top 6.. nowhere near a lock.... SYD/GWS/PORT/MELB/PIES/GCOAST/CARLTON all come to mind off top of my head and we don't know what geelong/stkilda are going to do too...

how are brisbane top 6 locks now theyve lost one of their most important players for the season.... there's so many teams that will be competing with them for top 6.. nowhere near a lock.... SYD/GWS/PORT/MELB/PIES/GCOAST/CARLTON all come to mind off top of my head and we don't know what geelong/stkilda are going to do too...
This was posed before R1 and obviously didn't think they would lose to Carlton at home. I still have them finishing Top 4

Love Grundy $5 for AA on Pointsbet.

Barring injury, the only rucks I can see challenging him are Marshall, Gawn and English. Jackson if Darcy is injured for most of the season.

Good chance he averages nearly 20 touches a game and 30+ hitouts. He also has the narrative on his side after being ditched by two clubs.
What about Briggs?

1U - Peter Wright (Essendon leading goal scorer for the year) - $2.05 (TS). Proper 203 cm key forward who should be hitting around 50 goals a year. Langford who is somehow the favourite is a third tall who is flash in the pan material, who may be lucky to kick 40+ ever again.

1U - Finlayson (Port leading goal scorer) - $7.00 (TAB). Dixon appears to be completely cooked and hasn't even kicked over 25 in the either of the last 2 seasons. Willie Rioli is a 30/ 35 goal a year small forward. Marshall is the competition, but I'm not convinced how he will go as he starts drawing the #1 key defender each week. The addition of Sweet and Soldo will also mean Finlayson likely doesn't have games where he has to spend large minutes in the ruck. Oh, and I should mention... He won the goal kicking last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a bit reactionary lol.

Brisbane lost 2 of their first 3 last year, and went 16-4 from that point. If they win their next one, they're in the exact same position.
Brisbane are 5-9 in the first month of the season last few years

Yet for some reason everyone seems to forget they start this way every year

Brisbane lost 2 of their first 3 last year, and went 16-4 from that point. If they win their next one, they're in the exact same position.
Brisbane will go to 1-2 or 0-3 (courtesy of the bye this week), Collingwood (at best) will be 2-2, 1-3 or 0-4 after they play each other in round 4.

The next fortnight is really big for both of them. Both are capable of coming back from 0-3/1-3 but they're starting to get behind the 8 ball really early in the season. If Collingwood can get to 2-2 that's a big win, especially with the Hawks the week after.

people are forgetting the effect a grand final loss has had on many teams.. they slump and often never recover for years and they have been up a long time now for a fair few years the bubble may be bursting.. they have also Lost Coleman their up and coming star.. yes Mckenna is ok but he's now Coleman.. it might be too late by the time Ashcroft comes back too... I trust the Pies to recover more than Lions right now.. I also think its just such a strong competition now so they might not be that bad but I'd have GWS, SYDNEY, PORT, MELBOURNE, GOLD COAST,CARLTON, GEELONG definately ahead of them and that's not even adding Collingwood.. thats 8 teams already.. yes Geelong weren't that great but they have scope for improvement more than Brisbane I feel.

They are probably in a little worse shape as have some injuries now.

Anyway they are both more likely to play finals than not individually, but chance of both Pies & Lions making them together has gotten a more unlikely with both starting 0-2.

I have them only 25% chance to both make it.

5U - Gold Coast miss finals - $1.80 (Lads)

Massive overreaction. Beat Richmond by ~30 points, which any sharp worth their salt knew was a strong possibility, then lost at the line to Adelaide.

They are not going that well, and have not really overperformed their pre-season expectations relative to their first 2 games.

Their line going into the season was 10.5, to make finals they will likely need 13, so this is a much more juiced line, off no real data to support the line movement.

Chucked some cash on GWS +8.5 in the season handicap against Collingwood @ $4.55.

Pies are two wins behind and GWS have a game in hand, so Collingwood need 5 wins more than GWS from here on in from 18 games.

Possible, but $4.55 seems overs.

Chucked some cash on GWS +8.5 in the season handicap against Collingwood @ $4.55.

Pies are two wins behind and GWS have a game in hand, so Collingwood need 5 wins more than GWS from here on in from 18 games.

Possible, but $4.55 seems overs.
Where was this at??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back