Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely Newcombe goes before Fyfe and Sexton right? Already trading Coffield.
I've got Nuke to Heeney at this stage, but I also feel Nuke will bounce back sooner rather than later. It's a tough one, but I guess we can only go on results so far.

This week feels tricky. Sexton and Coffield not playing and no longer generating cash. Newcombe and Young not the premiums I envisaged. I could reasonably "upgrade" two players this week but I'm not sold on that idea yet as there are pros and cons to keeping Coffield and Sexton this week.

I've got Nuke to Heeney at this stage, but I also feel Nuke will bounce back sooner rather than later. It's a tough one, but I guess we can only go on results so far.
Heeney has a bye in 2 weeks so ive just let him go, but definitely an upgrade option down the track.

Yeah no more chances for Newcombe even though its very possible he bounces back, lost to much cash and high BE still.

But the chance of Fyfe getting subbed is annoying, but i think it will happen more so in blow outs they're winning (i hope).

Think i have to hold him and Sexton for another week.

At this stage thinking:

Nuke > Dunkley (would love to just go up to Serong but think I'd rather go a bit unique and bank some cash)
Wines > Z. Duursma via DPP (no idea who else to get?)

Leaving Sexton to deal with next week since his price won't change. Will likely be shunting Rankine and Sexton next week if Rankine's role doesn't improve (he seemed to go in late for Adelaide when they looked half a chance so might get thrown in from the start next week).

Biggest issue then funnily enough feels like Naicos, unless anyone sees any other priorities for me?

View attachment 1938863
Can you do Nuke > Dunks
and Bonner/Sexton > Z Duursma?

For anyone like me who owns Whit, I reckon if there’s no viable DEF rookies to cover him he may have to be traded, which is a shame (can’t believe I’m saying that lol). Could risk running 21 but it means an extra rookie score to cop

If that is the case, Rankine gets one more chance.

Sexton to Powell
Whit to Newman (Carlton have three very defender friendly matchups coming up)

Would not be better to trade Sexton>Thomas post bye? Is only D5 so most likely not going to be best 18 score anyway.

Would you prioritise Massimo over JSharp? Considering I have Whitfield on the bye this week.

If I were to go Wines and Nuke out for Powell and a mid, I can only afford $902k as a mid.. not many options?
I'd you have Daicos/Yeo, you have options of Sicily/Stewart/NWM via DPP

Setterfield averaging 115
LDU before the rise.

Or, sneaky Macrae if back in against the Eagles. Pretty easy for him to get the ball against us.

Macrae is 7% owned. Shows there's a lot of auto fill/ghost ships.

For anyone like me who owns Whit, I reckon if there’s no viable DEF rookies to cover him he may have to be traded, which is a shame (can’t believe I’m saying that lol). Could risk running 21 but it means an extra rookie score to cop

If that is the case, Rankine gets one more chance.

Sexton to Powell
Whit to Newman (Carlton have three very defender friendly matchups coming up)
I will have Howes on the bench but at the moment I'm still thinking of trading him. He has made the cash I bought him for, no harm in pivoting to other cash generating players and trying to maximise points during the byes. He is also the sacrificial lamb I need for what will become a big restructure post Round 6 moving McKercher, Roberts and Nic Martin back (and Bonner if he lasts that long, but i'm not planning on him lasting that long).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This week feels tricky. Sexton and Coffield not playing and no longer generating cash. Newcombe and Young not the premiums I envisaged. I could reasonably "upgrade" two players this week but I'm not sold on that idea yet as there are pros and cons to keeping Coffield and Sexton this week.
I think Young is just a ride at this stage. Atleast he’s forking out 85-90. Definitely not a keeper but atleast he tries unlike Newc lol.

My trades this week
Newc> D’Ambrosio
Grundy > Xerri

Leaves me with around 350k

Next week Sexton > Thomas
Bonner > Green

pending other things/injuries etc

I'd you have Daicos/Yeo, you have options of Sicily/Stewart/NWM via DPP

Setterfield averaging 115
LDU before the rise.

Or, sneaky Macrae if back in against the Eagles. Pretty easy for him to get the ball against us.

Macrae is 7% owned. Shows there's a lot of auto fill/ghost ships.

Yeah NWM is locked in. Loved him last year and this is a great way to get him.

Nuke > NWM via Yeo to midfield
Wines > Powell

$70k in the bank.

View attachment 1939073
60k in bank

Is there a move you'd make other than
Lazarro to Mannagh
Newcombe to Butters

To me that seems like my optimal choice right now.

I don't like the Lazzaro move but I get it. You've got no obvious needs from a 'this week' petspective.

You've got nine players across the R5/6 byes though. Would fixing one of these up be a better move?

I don't like the Lazzaro move but I get it. You've got no obvious needs from a 'this week' petspective.

You've got nine players across the R5/6 byes though. Would fixing one of these up be a better move?
Yep, would have been on the cards this week, but need to get Newcombe to another player I can put the C on whilst T.Green is out.
Next 3 rounds will pretty much be getting rid of Syd, Coll, Mel and Rich players exclusively I think. Will probably go down/up on Roberts + Jordon and then down/up again on Campbell/Howes + Billings.

Budarick and Sexton to a defender rookie and Powell allow me to go for next week:

- Lazzaro to Harvey Thomas

- Harley Reid to Flanders

This is so I can get the forward rookies off field as soon as possible.
round2trades.png

teamr2.png

Hi all, I've got 3 of my best scorers (Whitfield, Touk, Flanders) with the bye this week. I can loophole on 3 lines for D6/M8/F6 scores, although I can't see any of them being Top18 scores.

Currently ranked 3k can I get away with this lot without losing ground?

OUT: Gibcus, Sexton
IN: Draper, Powell

3.JPG

Hi all, I've got 3 of my best scorers (Whitfield, Touk, Flanders) with the bye this week. I can loophole on 3 lines for D6/M8/F6 scores, although I can't see any of them being Top18 scores.

Currently ranked 3k can I get away with this lot without losing ground?

OUT: Gibcus, Sexton
IN: Draper, Powell

View attachment 1939132
You're going to be losing atleast 150 points if you keep them all, Whitfield/Flanders i could see potentially trading but you're just sideway trading at that point, might just have to cop it on the chin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back