Fixture 2024 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Falcons, Hawks, Braves
Thought I'd get started on the 2024 fixture chatter.

Finishing 9th means we are bunched alongside the 7-12 bracket.

Sides ranked 7-12 on the ladder will have a minimum of one double-meeting with sides ranked 1-6 on the ladder and a maximum of two meetings with sides ranked 1-6. They will have a minimum of two double-meetings of sides ranked 7-12 and a maximum of three double-meetings of sides 7-12. They will have a minimum of one double-meeting of sides ranked 13-18 and a maximum of two double-meetings of sides ranked 13-18.

So this means:

7th. St Kilda
8th. Sydney
9th. Bulldogs
10th. Adelaide
11th. Essendon
12th. Geelong

What are the chances of two games against Geelong, as has been the case for a decade!?

My tip is we'll be drawn to play St Kilda, Adelaide and Essendon twice.

Getting in early.

We've been bloody crucified.

Geelong in Geelong again, FFS.
Two Perth trips in three weeks, you cannot be serious?
Only two MCG matches again, wtf do we have to do?
Four matches in total against the two Grand Finalists, yet only two combined matches against last year's bottom two.

Oh well, at least we only have three matches coming off a five day break.

Will we have any coaches around to take us through the pre-season?

Will will definitely play the cats twice, always do

All I want is a neutral gather round game
Was coming to say this, they better absolutely gift us with the gather round.

I want one of our hardest double up match ups as an away game in Gather round, considering how shafted we got last year. Ie Geelong away (won’t happen) or Brissy/Sydney away

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please for the love of god do not make us play at that shitheap down the highway

How about we play Cats at Ballarat - just to piss off Chris Scott? Also Suns for the other Ballarat game - Hardwick hates Marvel, imagine how pissed off he'd be at Mars!

If we have Cats twice - once at Mars and neutral Gather Round? 😆 (odds of either of those 500/1)

AFL leaning towards a 2-game standalone round to open the season with both games in Sydney, wanting to grow the sport further in the northern states.

GWS v Collingwood
Sydney v Melbourne

2nd round being all teams but with Carlton-Richmond on the usual Thursday night.

Last 4 years we have played either Melbourne or Collingwood first up & need to go back to 2016 where we didn’t play any of those 4 teams in round 1

All I want is a neutral gather round game

Makes sense for us and Carlton to not have to play either Adelaide side again in Gather Round for a while.

So you can pretty much guarantee we will have to play an Adelaide side in Gather Round next year.

We’ll definitely lose a bit of exposure in the fixture when it comes to prime time spots. Little bit our fault but mainly the AFL will suck off Collingwood, Carlton and trade week winners Essendon at levels never seen before.

We’ll definitely lose a bit of exposure in the fixture when it comes to prime time spots. Little bit our fault but mainly the AFL will suck off Collingwood, Carlton and trade week winners Essendon at levels never seen before.
More than a little bit our fault, we suck. When we played "sexy" footy, we mostly had night games with majority on FTA.

More than a little bit our fault, we suck. When we played "sexy" footy, we mostly had night games with majority on FTA.

Honestly, we mostly have ever since. To the point I wish we had more saturday or Sunday 1.10pm unironically.

Hopefully no Thursday games, worst night for footy. Has there ever been a good Thursday night game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back