Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

They beat us fair and square in '09, and they've been doing it ever since. Big fan of Chris Scott and his coaching.
AFL introduces blood ban to stop therapy that helped Paul Chapman

By Jon Ralph
November 18, 2009
The controversial blood injection therapy that helped Paul Chapman win this year's Norm Smith Medal has been banned by the World Anti-Doping Body Agency.
Chapman's troublesome hamstring was helped by a technique in which blood was drained from his body, "spun" to increase its oxygen content, then re-injected into the injured muscle.
The technique was not illegal this year and was seen as critical in allowing Chapman to play in September, when he kicked three goals as best afield in Geelong's grand final victory against St Kilda."

"....the football world was agog at the news that Geelong star Max Rooke had gone to Germany for a controversial miracle cure involving injections of calf blood and rooster comb extract...."

"Geelong has admitted to sourcing a legal substance from a company connected to Stephen Dank to inject into injured players during the 2009 season, the year the club won the second premiership of its dynasty."

Add to this that they had three players sourced outside of the draft available to St Kilda. Those players were Scarlett, Ablett Jnr, and Hawkins. Two superstars and the best young talent of his age group in the country.

They trained in a facility pork barrel funded by the state and federal governments while we trained in a condemned building.

Not much fair, or square, about that contest.

Last edited:
AFL introduces blood ban to stop therapy that helped Paul Chapman

By Jon Ralph
November 18, 2009
The controversial blood injection therapy that helped Paul Chapman win this year's Norm Smith Medal has been banned by the World Anti-Doping Body Agency.
Chapman's troublesome hamstring was helped by a technique in which blood was drained from his body, "spun" to increase its oxygen content, then re-injected into the injured muscle.
The technique was not illegal this year and was seen as critical in allowing Chapman to play in September, when he kicked three goals as best afield in Geelong's grand final victory against St Kilda."

"....the football world was agog at the news that Geelong star Max Rooke had gone to Germany for a controversial miracle cure involving injections of calf blood and rooster comb extract...."

"Geelong has admitted to sourcing a legal substance from a company connected to Stephen Dank to inject into injured players during the 2009 season, the year the club won the second premiership of its dynasty."

Add to this that they had three players sourced outside of the draft available to St Kilda. Those players were Scarlett, Ablett Jnr, and Hawkins. Two superstars and the best young talent of his age group in the country.

They trained in a facility pork funded by the state and federal governments while we trained in a condemned building.

Not much fair, or square, about that contest.

Been banning on about that for the past almost 20 years, AFL assisted flag if ever there was one and they don't even have the decency to score review integrity and refer it to 7 points instead of 12 to ease the coping with their bullshit.

But yeah, given they were also a party club and ol Bomber was neck deep in his own lucid states, blood spinning was legit and legal and the AFL just happened to shift the grand final that year out of coincidence and nothing sinister.

If 13 wins get you into finals , with 17 games to go, I think there is at best 10 winnable games for us left.
This season will be so St Kilda - make a late run but not enough wins .
Leaving us in the dreaded 9th - 10th again.
We are stuck in this perpetual quicksand. Not good enough to contend for finals on a regular basis, not crap enough to get the draft picks that can make a difference.
Unless we fluke the next couple of drafts like we did this last one then the horizon will just keep getting further and further away.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maybe we didn't fluke the draft.
Maybe we're improving the systems and staff that make the selections.
Looking at how it went down I'd say our drafting outcome was very deliberate. We also got a good helping of luck thanks to GWS and Arie's juvie record but as an off-season goes it was actually the best l can recall since Hamill and Gtrain. SOS took in a bag of turds and came out with gold nuggets. 🙌

We should make another play for Fyfe, he looks like he's getting back to his best again and would be cheaper to get now.

A straight swap for Byrnes should get it done, we could maybe throw in a 3rd or 4th round pick just to sweeten the deal.

The Fyfe we'd get
Limping Walking Stick GIF by Ros na Rún

Looking at how it went down I'd say our drafting outcome was very deliberate. We also got a good helping of luck thanks to GWS and Arie's juvie record but as an off-season goes it was actually the best l can recall since Hamill and Gtrain. SOS took in a bag of turds and came out with gold nuggets. 🙌
It was so clear from the recruitment of
Dow
Henry
Hastie
Garcia
Wilson

that we went for run and speed.
Also thought gus did a great job on Friday.

Arie the exception but he has the kicking ability.

Run Run Run.

I'm not sure how much input SOS had into the recruiting last year.
I heard a podcast or something ( seems gone now , i think it was on unpluggered ) by Wayne Hughes ( the man who brought us Jack Steele ) , and Garcia was all about Hughes spotting him and liking him, then drawing him to Toce's attention.

The Butler boys are certainly not having a very good injury run in recent times.

I saw a bit of him playing for Box Hill and he looked like he was about to make a massive jump in output. Looked like one of their better players. That's a real shame for him. Hopefully not like Nathan Brown who was never the same again.

I'm not sure how much input SOS had into the recruiting last year.
I heard a podcast or something ( seems gone now , i think it was on unpluggered ) by Wayne Hughes ( the man who brought us Jack Steele ) , and Garcia was all about Hughes spotting him and liking him, then drawing him to Toce's attention.
I was more talking about the strategy than the draftees

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fcuk me Caro has no idea what she is talking about when she mentions the northern academies. Atleast kane gets it a little. Why is she still on TV

Because she's forgotten how to write, so now we need to listen to her crap on instead. Kane at least has the "I got hit in the head lots" to fall back on for his gaffs.

Fcuk me Caro has no idea what she is talking about when she mentions the northern academies. Atleast kane gets it a little. Why is she still on TV
Her logic that we should just shut up because the AFL wants QLD to succeed is so dumb.

Yes we've made mistakes but so have Gold Coast. Yet they get handed extra draft concessions, then multiple first round academy players for nothing while also improving their draft hand this year and we are just meant to shut up and take it quietly.

Wait till he starts talking about the Higgins tackle…. You won’t like him so much then.

Her logic that we should just shut up because the AFL wants QLD to succeed is so dumb.

Yes we've made mistakes but so have Gold Coast. Yet they get handed extra draft concessions, then multiple first round academy players for nothing while also improving their draft hand this year and we are just meant to shut up and take it quietly.
100%
Right behind Basset on this one.
F/S, academies need a total revamp.

2 minutes to d-day, we once again welcome you to...

*insert fancy graphic here.

Terrible Tribunal Tuesday! Where hopes and dreams meet
jurassic park deal with it GIF

AFL council that convenes just for this purpose to override the figjam that is MC Drongo, head of the MRObviously corrupt.

On tonights agenda, in the red corner we have Jack Higgins, cited for rough conduct in Allir being unco and thus getting a boo boo on his head. In the stupid corner we have AFL legal rep #47 with reporting on Foxsports and X recurring problem;
excited break out GIF by Ethan Barnowsky

The Zit himself.

Will the defense have it? Unlikely. Will the AFL have it? More than likely. Stay tuned sports fans!

And we open with
breaking bad bullshit GIF

But on the off chance it's not Allir contributed like the unco dumbarse he is.

EDIT update.

Now, now we enter the realm that is; how does a biomechanist confuse the AFL yet again as if this worked the first few times. This is going to end well...

Higgins commentary:
"I'm not even 80kg, he's 95+, and taller, you kidding me mate?"

Dr
tom hardy bane GIF

"Allir is an unco prick, his action added to his angular momentum like the dumbarse he is in disposing of that ball."

So I switched to Chrome as it was slowing things down this arena thing with the tribunal, I mean, who knew crapping on about things could be such a drain, not I... ... ... well, kinda sorta, anyway....

The AFL rep who is a Paine in the arse named Nick, countered with a knowledge of physics that no one ever thought he had in that if you had a bloke hanging off another bloke would that contribute to said first bloke falling towards the second bloke as opposed to away. Gold star to him for having a singular brain cell active I suppose, all that proved however was that a tackle was involved and weight distribution through, says nothing about legitimacy in any aspect, but small win to the AFL.

Then, then he put his foot in it saying his left arm was key to bracing himself, as opposed to the other 90% of his body that Allir could have used in that action to brace himself for that fall, I mean really now, I know you're arguing a point but come on, take the small w and walk away mate. Well that and it's foreseeable that a player might kick the ball, just as it is that a bigger player might discard a smaller player, but he forgot that part as again, only one brain cell active for that win and then it got tired.

It gets better though, as we shoot ourselves right in the face after this.

Go from the first entry about how this should be thrown out as utter bullshit, but on the off chance Allir contributed to his own KO as an unco action, and what does Ando do? Ask for 2 weeks instead of 3 after the above, because might as well just hedge bets right? Fill that room with confidence...
faceplant GIF

We now enter the tasting and judgement phase where the sausage roll was a little bit meh, I guess you pay for what you get with frozen ones v home made ones after all, so it's back in ze oven for a quick reheat. Chippies were nice though, chicken salt FTW.

Anyway...

Rebuttal only took 6 minutes, I assume that was because it was kinda easy to poke holes in a Paine in the arse. So now, now the 40 odd minute deliberation period where we get told how much we suck and nothing changes and how people wasted hours of their day watching this farce.

Then, then the Zit can finally burst outta there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back