Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder how we would divide up the CBA's if he comes across.

It's going to be hard to fit all of Day, Newcombe, Nash, Worpel, Moore, Mackenzie and Ward as it is.
I think he sits on the wing, tbh. Between wing and half forward with some cameos through the middle.

Mackenzie keeps his rotations between HF and HB like he has been recently. The one I'm left worrying about is Ward, is he someone we might look to move on?

I think he sits on the wing, tbh. Between wing and half forward with some cameos through the middle.

Mackenzie keeps his rotations between HF and HB like he has been recently. The one I'm left worrying about is Ward, is he someone we might look to move on?
I’ve raised this before and people may think I’m shooting Bambi but it may be best for both parties if he looks elsewhere. Just can’t fit him in.

For his own careers sake he may be better off at a club that can accomodate him as an inside mid.

Could also possibly be used in a trade for Baz?

I’ve raised this before and people may think I’m shooting Bambi but it may be best for both parties if he looks elsewhere. Just can’t fit him in.

For his own careers sake he may be better off at a club that can accomodate him as an inside mid.

I don't think he has the credentials to be an inside mid. His strengths are his attitude, fitness, and kicking (though with unreliable decision making at this point). If we forget about draft position, plans for him etc, his best bet is as a high half forward. I'd play him there for a while to build confidence and see what happens. Maybe he improves and can take another position, or maybe it generates trade interest. I'm a fan of Bennetts who plays the same position and I reckon can make it next season, and there are several players who have already shown a bit there. Not sure if we can afford Ward the time there? I don't see a rush to move him on.

Lions' board absolutely blowing up over Rayner.
We were interested in him a while back- I wonder if he'd be a good, fairly cheap pickup if we can figure out how to tap into his workrate?

Problem is this is a similar situation to Joey back in 2009. I’d rather keep letting Ward find that next level to his game at our club rather than an opposition one.

Didn't Eagles want one of Ward/Day in any deal for Harley and that was our red line. Seems like a missed chance now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were interested in him a while back- I wonder if he'd be a good, fairly cheap pickup if we can figure out how to tap into his workrate?
the wolf of wall street GIF

A guy who was an overhyped #1 pick, but turned out to be nowhere near that quality at the highest level?

After 6 years in the system, and it’s all about “work rate”?

Nup. Not for mine. Waste of time.

Rory Lobb due to request a trade at the end of the year. If he were half a decade younger he'd be a great get for us. Strong marking part time ruck to complement the full time hustle ruck in Meek.

Rory Lobb due to request a trade at the end of the year. If he were half a decade younger he'd be a great get for us. Strong marking part time ruck to complement the full time hustle ruck in Meek.
[/QUOTE]

Not needed with Chol in place and Ramma coming through

1716724186104.png

Rayner the most hyped player that's never done anything to warrant any buzz. Ginnivan cost a second round pick down grade.

I don't think he has the credentials to be an inside mid. His strengths are his attitude, fitness, and kicking (though with unreliable decision making at this point). If we forget about draft position, plans for him etc, his best bet is as a high half forward. I'd play him there for a while to build confidence and see what happens. Maybe he improves and can take another position, or maybe it generates trade interest. I'm a fan of Bennetts who plays the same position and I reckon can make it next season, and there are several players who have already shown a bit there. Not sure if we can afford Ward the time there? I don't see a rush to move him on.

I think he should work on his already fitness tank and make it elite like Crawford, Bateman, we don’t have a player in this rebuild like this.

Lol. According to who? How about we wait for the coaches votes.
Sarah Black - very experienced, full time football journalist.

Her detailed Match Report is on the Richmond club website - and Hugo is in the best players.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back