Injury 2024 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s happening with Worner ?
Really liked his first game this year
Would be a good in for Draper , Richmond forward line not super tall without lynch and Balta

Last edited:

What’s happening with Worner ?
Really liked his first game this year
Would be a good in for Draper , Richmond forward line not super tall with lynch and Balta

I had this same conversation with a mate last night. In for Draper as Richmond are short up forward

Looks like we are being cautious intra game with players having minor hamstring issues. Sound practice. Similar to our approach to post concussion management.
While on positives I thought it was really good to see Sonny and Freddy having a friendly chat with Lobb on the ground post match. What’s past is past.

Looks like we are being cautious intra game with players having minor hamstring issues. Sound practice. Similar to our approach to post concussion management.
While on positives I thought it was really good to see Sonny and Freddy having a friendly chat with Lobb on the ground post match. What’s past is past.
Nothing has been mentioned, but did anyone see the pain that Walters was going through when he was pulling his glove back on at 3/4 time?
I wonder if he has a broken finger.
And Yeah, saw them chatting to him.
But as good was seeing Freddy, after he crash tackled Khamis, checking to see if he was OK.

But as good was seeing Freddy, after he crash tackled Khamis, checking to see if he was OK.
This was great.

They go hard, but still have (after)care for their opponents.

Draper taken out as a precaution. A chance to play this week. Switta is a test. Amiss is good to go if he gets through main training. Odin Jones will play for Peel on managed minutes.

ROUND EIGHT INJURY LIST:
Josh Draper (hamstring) - test
Jye Amiss (concussion) – test
Sam Switkowski (concussion) - test
Odin Jones (concussion) – test
Conrad Williams (foot) – 1 week
Brennan Cox (hamstring) – 7-8 weeks
Oscar McDonald (knee) – 12-14 weeks
Sebit Kuek (knee) – Season
Josh Corbett (hip) - Season

Last edited:
Draper taken out as a precaution. A chance to play this week. Switta is a test. Amiss is good to go if he gets through main training. Odin Jones will play for Peel on managed minutes.

ROUND EIGHT INJURY LIST:
Josh Draper (hamstring) - test
Jye Amiss (concussion) – test
Sam Switkowski (concussion) - test
Odin Jones (concussion) – test
Conrad Williams (foot) – 1 week
Brennan Cox (hamstring) – 7-8 weeks
Oscar McDonald (knee) – 12-14 weeks
Sebit Kuek (knee) – Season
Josh Corbett (hip) - Season

JammoMonty your source on that one needs a talking to

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing has been mentioned, but did anyone see the pain that Walters was going through when he was pulling his glove back on at 3/4 time?
I wonder if he has a broken finger.
And Yeah, saw them chatting to him.
AFL Sudanese boys are all mates, they have a group chat

Odin Jones looks like Peel time this week.
Odin GIF by Assassin's Creed

Someone posted last week that Walters had a hand injury unspecified.
Aish looks like he has split webbing in his gloved hand. Takes a long time to heal properly.

Thats not a bad injury list. Potentially only 1 best 22 unavailable.

Selection is going to be interesting this week. Personally I would give young Draper a week off. Hamstrings can be finicky buggers.

Someone posted last week that Walters had a hand injury unspecified.
Aish looks like he has split webbing in his gloved hand. Takes a long time to heal properly.
I dont think split webbing is enough for Aish to give up his spot because he's not going to want to give the match committee a look at someone else. Not that I dont think he's been good but as a "bottom 5" player, you dont want to give someone else a chance to make you earn the spot back through Peel

I dont think split webbing is enough for Aish to give up his spot because he's not going to want to give the match committee a look at someone else. Not that I dont think he's been good but as a "bottom 5" player, you dont want to give someone else a chance to make you earn the spot back through Peel

I reckon he would be in JLo's first 10 picked for his versatility.

I reckon he would be in JLo's first 10 picked for his versatility.
Something tells me if JL could pick a team Ryan, Cox, Chapman, Pearce, Clark, Serong, Brayshaw, Fyfe, Young, Darcy, Jackson, Amiss, Treacy are all pretty easy picks ahead of Aish as it stands

Something tells me if JL could pick a team Ryan, Cox, Chapman, Pearce, Clark, Serong, Brayshaw, Fyfe, Young, Darcy, Jackson, Amiss, Treacy are all pretty easy picks ahead of Aish as it stands

Possibly but don't discount just how much coaches love players that can play multiple positions and in different parts of the ground. Not to mention I think he has quietly been one of our best and most underrated players this season.

Not sure that you pick a team on how ou rank individuals. I don’t think Aish’s position in the best 22 has ever been under threat. Has he ever played for Peel since coming to us? Don’t think so.
On the other hand his position in the 22 sometimes comes under threat on Bigfooty, along with about that of 30 or so other members of the squad.

Not sure that you pick a team on how ou rank individuals. I don’t think Aish’s position in the best 22 has ever been under threat. Has he ever played for Peel since coming to us? Don’t think so.
On the other hand his position in the 22 sometimes comes under threat on Bigfooty, along with about that of 30 or so other members of the squad.
That is not the original point of my post. Do you think if Aish goes out for a few weeks and Worner comes in playing the same role and potentially playing it well that he immediately kicks him out? That was the point of my post, Aish, is a bottom 5ish best 22 player. You do not give up your spot as one of those players unless you absolutely have to and split webbing isnt going to keep him out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back