Injury 2024 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Darcy is as simple as keeping the opponent preparing for 2x things I reckon
Absolutely he's a threat no matter what Corns and the Benedict Arnold's on here think. If you can put the opposition off by getting them to buy he might realitically play it's worth it. Reckon its run its course for the moment though.

Absolutely he's a threat no matter what Corns and the Benedict Arnold's on here think. If you can put the opposition off by getting them to buy he might realitically play it's worth it. Reckon its run its course for the moment though.
only been 2 games and he probably ends up playing next week anyway

I think Darcy will play on and off this year and at some point they pull trigger. That pre-season knee injury seems a nasty one with a minor clean-up not sorting the matter. Latest injury a calf in the same leg I believe.

As for NOD - seems to also have a complicated knee injury and will struggle to get going. I genuinely believe it is something that is still being investigated. Blood clots and the like post that Eagles game. I blame that bloody Mineral Resources pitch. I made a comment in another thread that if it was me I would definitely retain but an option to delist and rookie. The talent is there but he has had a rough run with injury. NOD had his best year coming off a massive pre-season. Since that 2022 year I think he has pushed himself too hard and has had injuries as a result in 2023 and 2024.

Dan McKenzie and Isiah Winder have the capacity to run through the wings and given Ethan Stanley’s injuries (who I’m very bullish on) that may end up being the route they go for 2024 MSD (if they even have a pick). Winder obviously more suitable with his forward nous.

As for ruck depth, Reidy deserves a game at some point. I do believe Marvel probably not the best ground for that to happen (need more running team and often bypass CHF), but a game against Swans could have been that opportunity. Voss didn’t play very well and just didn’t seem the right mix against Swans.

What happened?

Copped a big hit 3 minutes in and was subbed out. It is looking like concussion but it hasn't been confirmed. In the broadcast I think they said he passed a test but we still subbed him out just to be safe.

Copped a big hit 3 minutes in and was subbed out. It is looking like concussion but it hasn't been confirmed. In the broadcast I think they said he passed a test but we still subbed him out just to be safe.
There's no way he should be playing on Friday.

Just look at his face after the hit.

Nah. Freddy will be out. He got hit and stayed down. Like he was waking up after a KO

At first I thought he was injured like shoulder so he couldn't move but it was just getting ko'd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ROUND 11 INJURY LIST
Darcy (calf) - test
Frederick (concussion) – 1 week
Stanley (ankle) – 3 weeks
Cox (hamstring) – 3-4 weeks
McDonald (knee) – 10-12 weeks
O’Driscoll (knee) - TBC
Kuek (knee) - Season
Corbett (hip) – Season

Are you people mad ?
Do you know what you’re saying?

No that’s a terrible list and we are cursed to have so many injuries constantly.
Don’t know why the gods are angry with us all the time

🤫 (FTFY)

Are you people mad ?

No that’s a terrible list and we are cursed to have so many injuries constantly.

🤫 (FTFY)

The old reach around

Are you people mad ?

🤫 (FTFY)
Star Wars Doom GIF

Fair to assume he has slipped behind Patrick Voss on selection? While Sturt is probably a more accurated set shot, Voss does so much more in follow ups, ground work and pressure acts.
Plays a different role, Sturt likely comes in for Frederick this week, if he plays well could hold his spot at the expense of Emmett when Freddy comes back.

Fair to assume he has slipped behind Patrick Voss on selection? While Sturt is probably a more accurate set shot, Voss does so much more in follow ups, ground work and pressure acts.
Agree with pK75

He's not competing with Voss. Voss is Treacy and Amiss' backup.

Sturt competes with Walters, Emmett, Switta etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back