List Mgmt. 2024 List Management šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

See Ben Crocker departing - anyone know where to and why ??

to Pies.

Long time Pies' fan....

No biggie, time our kids stepped up in the forward line ....
Probably not the worst thing.

We've got a fleet of small/med/mid forwards - Motlop, Durdin, Owies, Fogarty, Cuningham, Hollands, Fantasia- and a good chunk of them, possibly about half, will have to be playing reserves. And that's not counting the likes of Cottrell, Kennedy, Carroll, etc.

Do we need to start looking at understudies to our 28/29+ year old crew.

Some positions would take more development than others, so we'd need to time things well so that there isn't too much drop off in the transition between the old guard and the new.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

For sure. Most those guys are half backs. Suspect that's we took Cowan last year and are probably going to grab another this year. Lucas Camporeale could end up a half-back too. Shouldn't be too hard to manage the transition with Docherty already moving out and Williams capable of playing multiple positions if we want to shift him elsewhere. Saad could also be a lockdown back-pocket if we want to give more rebounding responsibilities to younger guys. That said, half-backs often go on longer than other types so wouldn't surprise me if Docherty, Williams, Saad, Newman play well into their 30s.

Next priority would be the mids (Cripps, Hewett, Kennedy) though I think a lot of the next gen are already on our list even if some are playing other positions (Walsh, Cerra, E.Hollands, O'Hollands). Will add Ben Camporeale to that list next year. The 3 older guys are bigger body types then our young ones, however, I don't think we need to replace them like for like with the way the game is moving. Cerra and E.Hollands in particular are a decent size and should be able to play that extractor role if required though wouldn't hurt to add another over the next few years.

Was very ordinary this year. Showed very little leadership as captain. Not really fussed to see him leave.

We have young forwards we need to develop as FF and CHF which is where a Crocker played his best footy.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

For sure. Most those guys are half backs. Suspect that's we took Cowan last year and are probably going to grab another this year. Lucas Camporeale could end up a half-back too. Shouldn't be too hard to manage the transition with Docherty already moving out and Williams capable of playing multiple positions if we want to shift him elsewhere. Saad could also be a lockdown back-pocket if we want to give more rebounding responsibilities to younger guys. That said, half-backs often go on longer than other types so wouldn't surprise me if Docherty, Williams, Saad, Newman play well into their 30s.

Next priority would be the mids (Cripps, Hewett, Kennedy) though I think a lot of the next gen are already on our list even if some are playing other positions (Walsh, Cerra, E.Hollands, O'Hollands). Will add Ben Camporeale to that list next year. The 3 older guys are bigger body types then our young ones, however, I don't think we need to replace them like for like with the way the game is moving. Cerra and E.Hollands in particular are a decent size and should be able to play that extractor role if required though wouldn't hurt to add another over the next few years.

And you can also go to FA route for AFL ready bodies ala Hewett, and a semi-mature recruit like Cerra.

Did you finish the sweeping and mopping you where down there long enough
Yeah. I found a comma and a question mark. I'll send them through.

Yeah. I found a comma and a question mark. I'll send them through.
Question Mark Mario GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THE Carlton Reserves will see the following players depart the football club ahead of the 2024 season:
Ben Crocker,
Ben Ronke,
Ben Moyle,
Luke Parks, Mitch Moschetti, Sam Grant and Tyreece Leiu.

Lots of if about Binns and Bens..... reminds me of my childhood

1700382146710.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back