Preview 2024 Mid Season Draft Prospects & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

MSD Info

Full list of MSD Nominees

Last edited:
Does “missing” mean not picking the nerds’ pre-draft favourite? Or not picking someone who turns out to be a handy player? Because they are not the same thing.
True. I would be interested to know what the success rate of BF posters (and I’m not going to include myself in here because I have NFI) who actually watch the games vs the players North have chosen in the MSD.

Jackson Callow pls
Won't be drafted in the mid-season, no interest from clubs. Not named to take on WAFL, not a particularly inspiring SANFL season.

That said, Tasmania 2028 looks like a good option for him given they'll be head hunting as many ex-Tasmanians down as possible.

Has there ever been a whole team of medium forwards

Funny you say that. I recall a newspaper (yes proper newspaper) article back in ‘94 when Buckley joined Collingwood, that detailed how they were putting together a mobile team stacked with blokes about 188-190cm.

In reality, no. But Clarko is always trying to innovate……

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Michael Barlow coached Werribee last year. Ask him who is the biggest and toughest midfielder they played against last year and pick him. We need to help the kids we have coming through

That Hutchinson fella from Collingwood VFL has been talked about as the no.1 candidate for a while. We might just pick him.
I seriously hope not. A 10 disposal, 1.5 goal per game 190cm mid forward is absolutely the last thing we need. We have Ford sitting in the two’s who is a better player than him.

Michael Barlow coached Werribee last year. Ask him who is the biggest and toughest midfielder they played against last year and pick him. We need to help the kids we have coming through

It’d be Werribee’s Dom Brew, lacks a bit of athleticism to jump up to the AFL though imo.

Technically our midfield brute should be Zurhaar, if he would extract the digit.

He doesn't have the fitness, he will never have the fitness, he doesn't want to play as a midfield. He simply wants to be in a stronger team so they feed ball to him to kick goals.

He isn't an anchoring player that you could build a team around to turn things around.

I seriously hope not. A 10 disposal, 1.5 goal per game 190cm mid forward is absolutely the last thing we need. We have Ford sitting in the two’s who is a better player than him.

It’d be Werribee’s Dom Brew, lacks a bit of athleticism to jump up to the AFL though imo.

Stop reading those murdoch media crap, they are speculative pieces to get attention.

MSD should be needs basis if there’s not clear standout
We have had the box seat of picking the eyes out of the mid-season draft and haven't come close. I hope we survey other teams recruiters who they think is the best prospect and go with that.

Can play more important than where they can play considering our recruiters level of expertise atm.

We're blaming Rawlings for something that hasn't even happened and it's someone else's job anyway?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Brady is an existential phenomenon - not only is he responsible for the things that do happen, but he's also responsible for the things that don't happen.

A genuine mystic

Brady is an existential phenomenon - not only is he responsible for the things that do happen, but he's also responsible for the things that don't happen.

A genuine mystic
I know he is your mate but the list is a bit shit Merlins.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back