Preview 2024 Mid Season Draft Prospects & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

MSD Info

Full list of MSD Nominees

Last edited:
Between Curtis, Ford, Stephenson, and Duursma, I'm pretty confident we don't need another mid size forward.
At some point we have to realise that the potential to kick goals is actually worth a lot less than the ability to work in a system to apply forward pressure. The lack of defensive accountability that stems from our conveyor belt of a forward line is meaning the opposition are kicking powers more scoring shots than our “goal kicking” medium forwards could ever hope to with the lack of inside 50s.

At some point we have to realise that the potential to kick goals is actually worth a lot less than the ability to work in a system to apply forward pressure. The lack of defensive accountability that stems from our conveyor belt of a forward line is meaning the opposition are kicking powers more scoring shots than our “goal kicking” medium forwards could ever hope to with the lack of inside 50s.

I don't disagree but we seem to be expert at picking either/or players. I'd love for us to pick a pressure forward who is at least serviceable at hitting the scoreboard. Instead you can bank our goal kickers to be statues on the rebound and our tacklers to be ghosts when we have the ball

And no frail weaklings.

MSD is a great chance to bring in some muscle. Surely.
Frail weaklings get drafted by many clubs… then they go on to put 9kg of muscle and still pb in their running.

Boys generally grow into men, except at North that is. We should be know as the Peter Pan club.

afl.com.au reports we have two spots.

That aligns with previous reporting in The Age that said we wouldn't get an MSD pick for Tarryn Thomas.

Thomas, who turned 24 last Monday, is technically still on North Melbourne’s list, even though he is no longer part of the club. The AFL rules do not allow for him to be available for the mid-season draft.

afl.com.au reports we have two spots.

That aligns with previous reporting in The Age that said we wouldn't get an MSD pick for Tarryn Thomas.

obviously the afl have taken him off our list since then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m hoping that with our first pick with go with either Howes or Scaife.

For our 2nd pick I want someone mature age who can play from the get go. Jez McLennan would be my pick because it would allow Sheezel to play midfield.

If we don’t go that way I’d be really keen on Saad El-Hawli. He had 33 disposals and kicked 2 goals against the Swans last night. Has speed, long kicking, can play small forward, wing and half back. Still has stacks of upside too.

For our 2nd pick I want someone mature age who can play from the get go. Jez McLennan would be my pick because it would allow Sheezel to play midfield.

If we don’t go that way I’d be really keen on Saad El-Hawli. He had 33 disposals and kicked 2 goals against the Swans last night. Has speed, long kicking, can play small forward, wing and half back. Still has stacks of upside too.
I'd be also looking at Howes and Scaife over Geordie personally, and like you roos_fanatic08, keen on McLennan, he's a very good fit for "team composition".

Word is the Demons will take El Hawli.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back