Preview 2024 Mid Season Draft Prospects & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

MSD Info

Full list of MSD Nominees

Last edited:
There’s 60 pages of discussion on here and it’s hilarious that we’re even taking this draft serious.

It doesn’t matter who we pick up.

No one we select is going to improve us in the short term and there is no immediate sugar hit to lift the spirits of the club through player/s that were overlooked just 6 months ago.

The talent pool is thin. I don’t know what to call it but being equipped with the first selection in the mid season draft and then having to endure the fake media hype behind the selection, is patronising as a supporter.
Just get the pies notes

This

TT is technically on the list til years end

So just the 2

Just means we delist one less player at years end
l would have thought that like those on the LTI list TT is in the same circumstances where he is unavailable to play..

Howes with 2 goals, 2 behinds, 13 disposals, 4 marks, 5 hitouts, 1 tackle and 2 clearances in a 12 point win vs the Allies in the U18 championships. He also kicked a clutch goal in the 4th quarter to tie the game
Good write up but the stats are more impressive than his game. No more than average and I’ll be disappointed if he’s our first selection

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good write up but the stats are more impressive than his game. No more than average and I’ll be disappointed if he’s our first selection

He won't be. I doubt he'd be our second either if we take one. Can see us taking Payne and hoping a Joe Pike type is there at the second pick, somebody who can play ruck/forward at least.

They showed last year if they don't rate anyone at the second pick they won't take one. Especially when we don't have a permanent status on our extra list spots.

Yeah I agree his stats were better than his game, his tank is also nowhere near afl standard. Howes and Scaife's weaknesses are contested marking which really isn't ideal at all. I'd probably lean more towards Scaife for our pick, as he is older and has a solidly built body. Or go left field and select Saad El-Hawli, Payne is fast and can kick goals but we can't keep recruiting players who can't kick

He won't be. I doubt he'd be our second either if we take one. Can see us taking Payne and hoping a Joe Pike type is there at the second pick, somebody who can play ruck/forward at least.

They showed last year if they don't rate anyone at the second pick they won't take one. Especially when we don't have a permanent status on our extra list spots.
Cooper Keogh who was on our vfl list last year and now plays for Coburg would be great ruck depth. He turns 26 this year and has good tap work, does some nice things around the ground as well. Last year the poor guy was kept out of the side by the 200cm traffic cone Jacob Edwards

Yeah I agree his stats were better than his game, his tank is also nowhere near afl standard. Howes and Scaife's weaknesses are contested marking which really isn't ideal at all. I'd probably lean more towards Scaife for our pick, as he is older and has a solidly built body. Or go left field and select Saad El-Hawli, Payne is fast and can kick goals but we can't keep recruiting players who can't kick

So the knock on Payne is disposal? Is it bad technique, execution or decision?

Cooper Keogh who was on our vfl list last year and now plays for Coburg would be great ruck depth. He turns 26 this year and has good tap work, does some nice things around the ground as well. Last year the poor guy was kept out of the side by the 200cm traffic cone Jacob Edwards
I prefer him over all of his backups. But currently undergoing a suspension. Which doesn’t really matter I guess for a side who won’t win a game.

How did we overlook someone D’Ambrossio?

At least he can play at the level.
I reckon a lot of clubs still havent given the mid season draft enough thought as a list builder! when Mannagh goes undrafted last Mid season then picked up in the ND is just a head scratcher for me

I reckon a lot of clubs still havent given the mid season draft enough thought as a list builder! when Mannagh goes undrafted last Mid season then picked up in the ND is just a head scratcher for me
We have had a monopoly on the first few picks and somehow have probably had the worst record of selecting someone that can actually turn into a AFL standard player.

When do you say, maybe we don’t have the right people making these decisions?

We have had a monopoly on the first few picks and somehow have probably had the worst record of selecting someone that can actually turn into a AFL standard player.

When do you say, maybe we don’t have the right people making these decisions?
I agree! Brady list building is beyond a joke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back