F1 The Wash Up - Previous 2024 Race Weekends

Remove this Banner Ad

Full credit to the commentators for trying their best with that one.

As soon as the Red Flag came out, you kinda knew that everyone was just going to do their pitstop and race till the end on that set, so we didn't even get the potential undercut/overcut strategies to play out.

I am okay with Monaco being a one off race on a 24 race calendar for the historical nature of it (canning it would be akin to scrapping the Indy 500 or LeMans). They may want to consider making it a two stop mandatory race though (or better yet, don't allow cars to be touched at all under a red flag unless there is damage).

As soon as the Red Flag came out, you kinda knew that everyone was just going to do their pitstop and race till the end on that set, so we didn't even get the potential undercut/overcut strategies to play out.

I am okay with Monaco being a one off race on a 24 race calendar for the historical nature of it (canning it would be akin to scrapping the Indy 500 or LeMans). They may want to consider making it a two stop mandatory race though (or better yet, don't allow cars to be touched at all under a red flag unless there is damage).
Is the historical nature worth the whole cost of the weekend? Be better off parading the cars down the main street doing the speed limit. It's not far from what they're doing now anyway.

I don't even think they should be able to repair damage under a red flag. Cars should be left exactly the way they were when the race stopped.

Is the historical nature worth the whole cost of the weekend? Be better off parading the cars down the main street doing the speed limit. It's not far from what they're doing now anyway.

I don't even think they should be able to repair damage under a red flag. Cars should be left exactly the way they were when the race stopped.
Cars are able to be touched for the safety of the standing start

He needs Sainz to stop ramming him, every ****ing race, ruining his aero.
his team said on the radio the sainz incident adversely affected his downforce not his aero. he also said in the post-race room before the presentation he scraped the wall after that.

he does need to manage his tyres better. on a track where overtaking was less an issue, both sainz and norris would have beaten him. but he's still learning and i'm sure he'll get on top of it.

his team said on the radio the sainz incident adversely affected his downforce not his aero. he also said in the post-race room before the presentation he scraped the wall after that.

he does need to manage his tyres better. on a track where overtaking was less an issue, both sainz and norris would have beaten him. but he's still learning and i'm sure he'll get on top of it.

On a track with DRS and that you can overtake on he wouldn't have cooked his tyres so much. He did because it doesn't matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't rate Ocon either but I feel this one is harsh. The fact it was a teammate isn't great but overtaking is nigh on impossible around that track. If he's not even going to try, why bother racing at all.

According to Gasly they were specifically told before the race to not race each other and do something stupid. Hence why the team are furious.

Yeah that's fair enough in that case.

Had it been anyone else though, I'd almost argue it was a good move.

Post race Jensen said there is nothing wrong with going for the move there in normal circumstances but he just got it wrong.

Downforce is part of the aero package. They said that his aero was balanced, not that it wasn't affected.

The damage to his car, which was 100% due to Sainz ramming him - again - is why he was unable to stick with LeClerc, when LeClerc sped up towards the end of the race.

Magnussen's was worse I think.

And yet Ocon copped a 5 place grid penalty and Kevin got nothing?

They said KMag was a lap 1 turn 1 incident but it is just a cop out so he doesn't get a race ban. Ocon's was a 10 second penalty that he couldn't serve so it becomes a grid drop like Daniel got a couple of races ago after he was punted by Stroll.

Also do what F2 did, split qualifying into two groups so you don't get people holding each other up. Base it on practice times as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back