Academy 2024 Northern Academies (Boys)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a pretty harsh observer, even of my own team, so no one should be taking any notice of my observations, especially when I'm just watching on a computer screen or tablet, and not getting out to games.

Any word on any other bottom agers from other academies getting in? Keen to hear if any of the GC boys are in.
I can only go off what i hear. Being close to the Lions Academy gives me the opportunity to hear things about our boys not so much the other academies, although i do follow every CTL and Academy team very closely. In saying that i could make some calculated assumptions. Ill make a list based on all the bottom age kids i believe will be in the allies squad as well as the boys who will be fringe.

Gold Coast:
Beau Addinsall
Jai Murrary
Zeke Uwland

Fringe:
Dylan Pattinson
Kalani White

Brisbane:
Daniel Annable
Harrison Bridge

Fringe:
Ben Lillico
Issac Waller
Raph Gessu

GWS:
Ryder Corrigan

Sydney:
Lachlan Carmichael
Noah Chamberlain

So i could confidently say there will be at least 6-8 allies bottom agers in the squad.

Also something to keep in mind Mitch Hahn coach of the Lions u18s is the head coach of Allies. Surely coaches wouldnt be bias to their own boys..... just something to think about.

*this is subject to changed based on CTL game form and other factors

Last edited:
I can only go off what i hear. Being close to the Lions Academy gives me the opportunity to hear things about our boys not so much the other academies, although i do follow every CTL and Academy team very closely. In saying that i could make some calculated assumptions. Ill make a list based on all the bottom age kids i believe will be in the allies squad as well as the boys who will be fringe.

Gold Coast:
Beau Addinsall
Jai Murrary
Zeke Uwland

Fringe:
Dylan Pattinson
Kalani White

Brisbane:
Daniel Annable
Harrison Bridge

Fringe:
Ben Lillico
Issac Waller
Raph Gessu

GWS:
Ryder Corrigan

Sydney:
Lachlan Carmichael
Noah Chamberlain

So i could confidently say there will be at least 6-8 allies bottom agers in the squad.

Also something to keep in mind Mitch Hahn coach of the Lions u18s is the head coach of Allies. Surely coaches wouldnt be bias to their own boys..... just something to think about.
One last thing, is Annable's height correct. He looks taller, with longer limbs, than what I remember from last year.

One last thing, is Annable's height correct. He looks taller, with longer limbs, than what I remember from last year.
Yes him being listed at 183 is correct. Although he does have very long arms, so may look to the eye that he is taller than his 183cm stature.

(did you mean to laugh at my comment on underage allies) haha

Finally, i am opening to answering any questions on any of the individuals at either Brisbane or GC academy.

Hey Thommo.

On my individual reviews i had 7 Sherwood players must of missed one when making the QAFL club list. I am new here but my understanding is you are pretty heavily involved in Sherwood. So congrats to you and your club for your heavy representation in all Brisbane Academy Programs. Not to mention being the club to both Gillet and Gilder who for me are the 1 and 2 leading draftable talents for this year.

From my recollection i remember seeing Romelo in the half back on the weekend. Although not having much impact with 2 disposals. I am happy to be corrected if he was half forward, but my understanding is he was not. Due to him also having 2 rebound 50s doubt he was half fwd.

I am very aware of the Meekin situation and agree with you that there are too many over agers being played. Meekin being an exception.

Just on your 'direct feedback' comment. I completely understand they these guys are just kids. But also understand that they are apart of an elite program where they all want to play AFL. Trust me they would be getting much more 'direct' feedback internally.

The statistics are not accurate at all unfortunately.

Though they are still accurate enough to confirm who played well and who didn't.

The statistics are not accurate at all unfortunately.

Though they are still accurate enough to confirm who played well and who didn't.
The statistics are quite accurate, champion data do them. My point was more to the fact that Romelo was a half back so cant use the excuse of being out of position.

Yes him being listed at 183 is correct. Although he does have very long arms, so may look to the eye that he is taller than his 183cm stature.

(did you mean to laugh at my comment on underage allies) haha)
That was in regards to your comment about Hahn picking the team.
Finally, i am opening to answering any questions on any of the individuals at either Brisbane or GC academy.

(did you mean to laugh at my comment on underage allies) haha

Hi, always read on this board but don't post very often, enjoy your content.

I have a bit of interest in how Gessu turns out long term as I saw him in a couple of games live in 2022 when attending my grandsons games, I was very impressed with his skills and aggression but thought he was a bit of a hot head and needed to work on his fitness. Has he improved in those areas and what do you expect his draft range to be?

Would be very handy for the Lions in a couple of years with McCarthy and Cameron being 31+ years of age by his draft year.

Hi, always read on this board but don't post very often, enjoy your content.

I have a bit of interest in how Gessu turns out long term as I saw him in a couple of games live in 2022 when attending my grandsons games, I was very impressed with his skills and aggression but thought he was a bit of a hot head and needed to work on his fitness. Has he improved in those areas and what do you expect his draft range to be?

Would be very handy for the Lions in a couple of years with McCarthy and Cameron being 31+ years of age by his draft year.
Hey Malice,

For me Gessu his skill is second to none. Great small forward craft, great field kick as well as a pretty reliable set shot and tackle pressure, everything you want from a small fwd. With his aggression/hotheadness i think he is starting to utilize it in a positive way, from what ive seen when hes around the u18 lads its more of a learning mindset instead of the normal 'i have to do everything myself' mindset. I havent seen any moments of aggression unless of course it is at himself. He is very much like the brayden maynard / mitch robinson of the group. In terms of his fitness he has done a s**t load of work to get where he is, he had an interrupted preseason doing his ankle and missed what would of been a 8-10week period. His first 2km time trial back was 7mins from memory which is very respectable he is now one of the better runners in the u18 group so no worries for his fitness.

For me his draft range could be anywhere from 30+ bur understanding that there are a lack of small fwds in the 2025 draft he could go earlier, depending on earlier bids as well (Annable, Bridge and potentially Lillico)

Here are the team lists for the SA U18's vs Swans/Giants Academies trial game in Adelaide tomorrow:

South Australia U18Swans/Giants Academies
2 Lucas Camporeale3 Nicholas Andreacchio
3 Benjamin Camporeale4 Lachlan Carmichael
4 Ned Bowman 5 Declan Fitzpatrick
5 Evan Bradley 6 Joe Harrison
7 Sid Draper 7 Kaiden McNamara
8 Kade Herbert 8 Max Rider
9 Louie Montgomery 9 Josaia Delana
10 Luke Candy 10 Isaac Baldwin
11 Phoenix Hargrave 11 Lachlan Moresi
12 Joshua Reichelt 12 Coby Hilton
13 Dakota Sterzl 13 Jensen Hargreaves
14 Samuel Cumming 14 Noah Chamberlain
15 Matthew LeRay 15 Joel Cochran
16 Angus Clarke 16 Ned Hawkins
17 Jacob Newton 17 Jeromos Mills-Vasas
18 Rome Burgoyne 18 Tom Ryan
19 Harley Barker 19 Nicholas Fischer
22 Jett Hasting 20 Jackson Savage
23 Harry Dodd 21 Riley Hamilton
24 Dyson Sharp 22 Riley Hayman
25 Charlie Nicholls23 Charlie McCormack
27 Ned Atkinson 25 Harrison Podmore-Taylor
28 Tate Delmenico 26 Logan Smith
29 Jevan Phillipou 27 Cooper Bell
30 Tallan Rosenzweig
31 Thomas McKay
33 Aidan Schubert
34 Jacob Sheean
37 Ryan Borlace
40 Alexander Dodson
42 Tyler Welsh

Coates talent league app is garbage. Want to watch the Lions academy and there's no feed when the game was supposed to start 20 minutes ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This isn't an Allies game, this is essentially a NSW vs SA game. It is so impressive to me that NSW is now producing talent good enough to beat an AFL state.
Bit early to go the Crow yet?

Harrison and Carmichael would be my best for NSW

Nope, just happy they are competitive. SA will likely overun NSW in the end due to having more players but either way it is impressive we are as good as South Australia in the first place.
You do realise that SA's 2 best mids Draper and Hargrave had limited minutes in the 1st half and haven't re-appeared in the 3rd, SA rotating heavily so not a lot of continuity for a lot of their players..... after all it's a trial game

You do realise that SA's 2 best mids Draper and Hargrave had limited minutes in the 1st half and haven't re-appeared in the 3rd, SA rotating heavily so not a lot of continuity for a lot of their players..... after all it's a trial game

Even so, it is a good sign for NSW.

I am not saying NSW will win, hell, I can't even watch the game right now, but the fact they are competitive against SA is what I am happy about as 10 or 20 years ago that never would have happened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back