News 2024 Preseason Matches & Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just fooling around looking at forwards, Macrae really averaged less than 100 last year? :openmouth:
I already thought Beveridge was the worst coach in the AFL, but sheesh...Way to ruin one of your sides most damaging weapons.
Macrae should be averaging 110 in his sleep.

It's a long list of names now whose progress have stalled due to inexplicable positional switches and general coaching f*@kery.
Macrae
Daniels
Johannisen
Richards (though he's now back in his rightful position and playing well)
Treleor (same as above)
Smith
Do I recall him trying to turn Liberatore into a forward for a period of time or am I making that up?

Theoretically, you should accidentally get it right more often than Beverage does making purposeful decisions

+ Finnbar ;)
Early days, but I've cooled on him because I reckon Sellers (102k fwd) would get the call-up first.

Small side note from today:

received_1097290388252722-jpeg.1909997

Most amount of CBAs of any player on ground too (77.78%).

I don't have him in yet, but if he follows up with a similar performance against the Saints he'll be back in my mix.

Now go and watch some games with actual football in mind and not supercoach.
cdcanman
I think the results speak for themselves MrChristo. The most underperforming team in the competition since they won their flag. Bar none, and I don't even think it's close. The coach must bear a large amount of responsibility for that given the talent at his disposal.
Which of the positional shifts I mentioned had a positive impact on 'actual football'?
As an example, I get what problem he was trying to solve by shifting Daniel from defence; he wanted improved ball use forward of centre. But Daniel's move not only moved him from his best position, but forced Macrae out of his, and it still didn't solve the problem it was intended to solve. You got reduced output from two of your prime-movers, and the sides ball-use going forward was still average at best.
A much simpler solution would be to stop picking guys that he has fallen in love with like McNeil, Garcia and Scott. How many other sides in the competition do those types get a game for?

A fair few SC relevant players will be missing from Essendon v St Kilda on Friday. Ridley, Sinclair and Caddy probably the most relevant of the bunch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was just fooling around looking at forwards, Macrae really averaged less than 100 last year? :openmouth:
I already thought Beveridge was the worst coach in the AFL, but sheesh...Way to ruin one of your sides most damaging weapons.
Macrae should be averaging 110 in his sleep.

It's a long list of names now whose progress have stalled due to inexplicable positional switches and general coaching f*@kery.
Macrae
Daniels
Johannisen
Richards (though he's now back in his rightful position and playing well)
Treleor (same as above)
Smith
Do I recall him trying to turn Liberatore into a forward for a period of time or am I making that up?

Theoretically, you should accidentally get it right more often than Beverage does making purposeful decisions
I’m one of Bevos biggest critics and was praying he was sacked last year but this is wayyy off the mark.

Sure if you’re an opposition fan that goes mostly on stats you’re right but watch a dogs game and you’ll clearly see why most of those guys had role changes. Macrae doesn’t fit in a midfield with Libba & Bont in the modern game, CD was killing us with his height in def. Who were Treloar and Baz pushing out of the midfield?

JJ was a shell of himself and moved forward to save his career, looks fit now though and back in defence. Richards was a dart throw but he hadn’t shown anything in defence when moved forward anyway and was worth a shot

I think the results speak for themselves MrChristo. The most underperforming team in the competition since they won their flag. Bar none, and I don't even think it's close. The coach must bear a large amount of responsibility for that given the talent at his disposal.
Which of the positional shifts I mentioned had a positive impact on 'actual football'?
As an example, I get what problem he was trying to solve by shifting Daniel from defence; he wanted improved ball use forward of centre. But Daniel's move not only moved him from his best position, but forced Macrae out of his, and it still didn't solve the problem it was intended to solve. You got reduced output from two of your prime-movers, and the sides ball-use going forward was still average at best.
A much simpler solution would be to stop picking guys that he has fallen in love with like McNeil, Garcia and Scott. How many other sides in the competition do those types get a game for?
This is garbage 😂 how did moving Daniel to HF push Macrae out of the midfield

I’m not sure you actually have any idea what you’re talking about tbh

Sydney v Greater Western Sydney at Tramway Oval, 10am AEDT
(match format TBC)

SYDNEY

1. Chad Warner, 2. Hayden McLean, 4. Brodie Grundy, 5. Isaac Heeney, 6. Logan McDonald, 7. Harry Cunningham, 8. James Rowbottom, 9. Will Hayward, 11. Tom Papley, 12. Angus Sheldrick, 13. Oliver Florent, 15. Sam Wicks, 16. Braeden Campbell, 17. James Jordon, 19. Peter Ladhams, 21. Errol Gulden, 22. Nick Blakey, 24. Dane Rampe, 26. Luke Parker, 27. Justin McInerney, 28. Will Edwards, 30. Tom McCartin, 34. Matt Roberts, 36. Joel Amartey, 42. Robbie Fox, 44. Jake Lloyd

Notable absentees: Taylor Adams, Sam Reid, Callum Mills, Joel Hamling, Aaron Francis, Lewis Melican

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY

3. Stephen Coniglio, 5. Aaron Cadman, 6. Lachie Whitfield, 7. Lachie Ash, 8. Callan Ward, 9. Ryan Angwin, 10. Jacob Wehr, 12. Tom Green, 14. Toby Bedford, 15. Sam Taylor, 16. Brent Daniels, 21. Leek Aleer, 22. Josh Kelly, 23. Jesse Hogan, 25. Lachlan Keeffe, 26. Jake Riccardi, 27. Harry Himmelberg, 28. Harvey Thomas, 31. Toby McMullin, 32. Kieren Briggs, 33. Xavier O’Halloran, 34. Josh Fahey, 39. Connor Idun, 44. Jack Buckley, 46. Callum Brown

Notable absentees: Toby Greene, Nick Haynes, Adam Kennedy, Harry Perryman, Isaac Cumming, Braydon Preuss, Finn Callaghan, Darcy Jones

Carlton v Geelong at Ikon Park, 11.30am AEDT
(eight 20-minute periods. VFL sides to play periods 5-8)

CARLTON

2. Lachlan Cowan, 3. Jesse Motlop, 4. Ollie Hollands, 5. Adam Cerra, 8. Lachie Fogarty, 9. Patrick Cripps, 10. Harry McKay, 11. Mitch McGovern, 12. Tom De Koning, 13. Blake Acres, 14. Orazio Fantasia, 15. Sam Docherty, 16. Jack Carroll, 17. Brodie Kemp, 20. Elijah Hollands, 24. Nic Newman, 28. David Cuningham, 29. George Hewett, 30. Charlie Curnow, 31. Harry Lemmey, 33. Lewis Young, 37. Jordan Boyd, 39. Alex Cincotta, 42. Adam Saad, 43. Ashton Moir, 46. Matthew Cottrell

Notable absentees: Jacob Weitering, Jack Martin, Zac Williams, Jack Silvagni, Sam Walsh, Matthew Kennedy, Caleb Marchbank, Marc Pittonet, Matthew Owies

GEELONG

1. Rhys Stanley, 2. Zach Tuohy, 3. Brandan Parfitt, 4. Tanner Bruhn, 5. Jeremy Cameron, 6. Toby Conway, 7. Shaun Mannagh, 8. Jake Kolodjashnij, 9. Max Holmes, 10. Mitch Knevitt, 12. Jack Bowes, 13. Jhye Clark, 14. Connor O'Sullivan, 15. George Stevens, 16. Sam De Koning, 17. Lawson Humphries, 18. Tyson Stengle, 19. Phoenix Foster, 20. James Willis, 21. Oli Wiltshire, 22. Mitch Duncan, 24. Jed Bews, 26. Tom Hawkins, 28. Oliver Dempsey, 29. Cam Guthrie, 30. Tom Atkins, 31. Oscar Murdoch, 32. Gryan Miers, 33. Shannon Neale, 34. Oisin Mullin, 35. Patrick Dangerfield, 36. Oliver Henry, 38. Jack Henry, 39. Zach Guthrie, 40. Ted CLohesy, 41. Mitch Hardie, 42. Mark O'Connor, 43. Emerson Jeka, 44. Tom Stewart, 45. Brad Close, 46. Mark Blicavs

Absentees: Gary Rohan, Mitch Edwards, Joe Furphy

Brisbane v Gold Coast at Brighton Homes Arena, 5pm AEST
(six 20-minute periods, plus time-on)

BRISBANE

1. Kai Lohmann, 3. Joe Daniher, 4. Callum Ah Chee, 5. Josh Dunkley, 6. Hugh McCluggage, 11. Lincoln McCarthy, 14. James Madden, 15. Dayne Zorko, 16. Cam Rayner, 17. Jarryd Lyons, 18. Keidean Coleman, 20. Jaxon Prior, 22. Harry Sharp, 23. Charlie Cameron, 27. Darcy Gardiner, 28. Jaspa Fletcher, 29. James Tunstill, 30. Eric Hipwood, 31. Harris Andrews, 32. Darcy Fort, 33. Zac Bailey, 35. Ryan Lester, 37. Brandon Starcevich, 40. Jack Payne, 44. Darcy Wilmot, 46. Oscar McInerney

Notable absentees: Lachie Neale, Jarrod Berry, Conor McKenna, Tom Doedee, Deven Robertson, Will Ashcroft

GOLD COAST

2. Rory Atkins, 3. Sam Flanders, 6. Alex Sexton, 7. Nick Holman, 8. Brayden Fiorini, 9. Ben Ainsworth, 10. Charlie Ballard, 11. Touk Miller, 12. Sam Day, 13. Jack Lukosius, 15. Noah Anderson, 16. Tom Berry, 18. Matt Rowell, 19. Bailey Humphrey, 20. Ethan Read, 21. James Tsitas, 22. Ben Long, 23. Sean Lemmens, 24. David Swallow, 25. Sam Collins, 26. Will Graham, 28. Jarrod Witts, 30. Levi Casboult, 31. Mac Andrew, 32. Bodhi Uwland, 33. Sam Clohesy, 34. Ben King, 35. Connor Budarick, 36. Will Rowlands, 37. Oskar Faulkhead, 38. Lloyd Johnston, 40. Joel Jeffrey, 41. Malcolm Rosas jnr, 42. Jack Mahony, 44. Darcy Macpherson, 45. Sandy Brock, 46. Caleb Graham, 47. Hewago Oea, 49. Ned Moyle, 50. Jy Farrar

Notable absentees: Brandon Ellis, Lachie Weller, Wil Powell, Alex Davies, Jed Walter, Jake Rogers

Sydney v Greater Western Sydney at Tramway Oval, 10am AEDT
(match format TBC)

SYDNEY

1. Chad Warner, 2. Hayden McLean, 4. Brodie Grundy, 5. Isaac Heeney, 6. Logan McDonald, 7. Harry Cunningham, 8. James Rowbottom, 9. Will Hayward, 11. Tom Papley, 12. Angus Sheldrick, 13. Oliver Florent, 15. Sam Wicks, 16. Braeden Campbell, 17. James Jordon, 19. Peter Ladhams, 21. Errol Gulden, 22. Nick Blakey, 24. Dane Rampe, 26. Luke Parker, 27. Justin McInerney, 28. Will Edwards, 30. Tom McCartin, 34. Matt Roberts, 36. Joel Amartey, 42. Robbie Fox, 44. Jake Lloyd

Notable absentees: Taylor Adams, Sam Reid, Callum Mills, Joel Hamling, Aaron Francis, Lewis Melican

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY

3. Stephen Coniglio, 5. Aaron Cadman, 6. Lachie Whitfield, 7. Lachie Ash, 8. Callan Ward, 9. Ryan Angwin, 10. Jacob Wehr, 12. Tom Green, 14. Toby Bedford, 15. Sam Taylor, 16. Brent Daniels, 21. Leek Aleer, 22. Josh Kelly, 23. Jesse Hogan, 25. Lachlan Keeffe, 26. Jake Riccardi, 27. Harry Himmelberg, 28. Harvey Thomas, 31. Toby McMullin, 32. Kieren Briggs, 33. Xavier O’Halloran, 34. Josh Fahey, 39. Connor Idun, 44. Jack Buckley, 46. Callum Brown

Notable absentees: Toby Greene, Nick Haynes, Adam Kennedy, Harry Perryman, Isaac Cumming, Braydon Preuss, Finn Callaghan, Darcy Jones

Carlton v Geelong at Ikon Park, 11.30am AEDT
(eight 20-minute periods. VFL sides to play periods 5-8)

CARLTON

2. Lachlan Cowan, 3. Jesse Motlop, 4. Ollie Hollands, 5. Adam Cerra, 8. Lachie Fogarty, 9. Patrick Cripps, 10. Harry McKay, 11. Mitch McGovern, 12. Tom De Koning, 13. Blake Acres, 14. Orazio Fantasia, 15. Sam Docherty, 16. Jack Carroll, 17. Brodie Kemp, 20. Elijah Hollands, 24. Nic Newman, 28. David Cuningham, 29. George Hewett, 30. Charlie Curnow, 31. Harry Lemmey, 33. Lewis Young, 37. Jordan Boyd, 39. Alex Cincotta, 42. Adam Saad, 43. Ashton Moir, 46. Matthew Cottrell

Notable absentees: Jacob Weitering, Jack Martin, Zac Williams, Jack Silvagni, Sam Walsh, Matthew Kennedy, Caleb Marchbank, Marc Pittonet, Matthew Owies

GEELONG

1. Rhys Stanley, 2. Zach Tuohy, 3. Brandan Parfitt, 4. Tanner Bruhn, 5. Jeremy Cameron, 6. Toby Conway, 7. Shaun Mannagh, 8. Jake Kolodjashnij, 9. Max Holmes, 10. Mitch Knevitt, 12. Jack Bowes, 13. Jhye Clark, 14. Connor O'Sullivan, 15. George Stevens, 16. Sam De Koning, 17. Lawson Humphries, 18. Tyson Stengle, 19. Phoenix Foster, 20. James Willis, 21. Oli Wiltshire, 22. Mitch Duncan, 24. Jed Bews, 26. Tom Hawkins, 28. Oliver Dempsey, 29. Cam Guthrie, 30. Tom Atkins, 31. Oscar Murdoch, 32. Gryan Miers, 33. Shannon Neale, 34. Oisin Mullin, 35. Patrick Dangerfield, 36. Oliver Henry, 38. Jack Henry, 39. Zach Guthrie, 40. Ted CLohesy, 41. Mitch Hardie, 42. Mark O'Connor, 43. Emerson Jeka, 44. Tom Stewart, 45. Brad Close, 46. Mark Blicavs

Absentees: Gary Rohan, Mitch Edwards, Joe Furphy

Brisbane v Gold Coast at Brighton Homes Arena, 5pm AEST
(six 20-minute periods, plus time-on)

BRISBANE

1. Kai Lohmann, 3. Joe Daniher, 4. Callum Ah Chee, 5. Josh Dunkley, 6. Hugh McCluggage, 11. Lincoln McCarthy, 14. James Madden, 15. Dayne Zorko, 16. Cam Rayner, 17. Jarryd Lyons, 18. Keidean Coleman, 20. Jaxon Prior, 22. Harry Sharp, 23. Charlie Cameron, 27. Darcy Gardiner, 28. Jaspa Fletcher, 29. James Tunstill, 30. Eric Hipwood, 31. Harris Andrews, 32. Darcy Fort, 33. Zac Bailey, 35. Ryan Lester, 37. Brandon Starcevich, 40. Jack Payne, 44. Darcy Wilmot, 46. Oscar McInerney

Notable absentees: Lachie Neale, Jarrod Berry, Conor McKenna, Tom Doedee, Deven Robertson, Will Ashcroft

GOLD COAST

2. Rory Atkins, 3. Sam Flanders, 6. Alex Sexton, 7. Nick Holman, 8. Brayden Fiorini, 9. Ben Ainsworth, 10. Charlie Ballard, 11. Touk Miller, 12. Sam Day, 13. Jack Lukosius, 15. Noah Anderson, 16. Tom Berry, 18. Matt Rowell, 19. Bailey Humphrey, 20. Ethan Read, 21. James Tsitas, 22. Ben Long, 23. Sean Lemmens, 24. David Swallow, 25. Sam Collins, 26. Will Graham, 28. Jarrod Witts, 30. Levi Casboult, 31. Mac Andrew, 32. Bodhi Uwland, 33. Sam Clohesy, 34. Ben King, 35. Connor Budarick, 36. Will Rowlands, 37. Oskar Faulkhead, 38. Lloyd Johnston, 40. Joel Jeffrey, 41. Malcolm Rosas jnr, 42. Jack Mahony, 44. Darcy Macpherson, 45. Sandy Brock, 46. Caleb Graham, 47. Hewago Oea, 49. Ned Moyle, 50. Jy Farrar

Notable absentees: Brandon Ellis, Lachie Weller, Wil Powell, Alex Davies, Jed Walter, Jake Rogers

Preuss missing this is bull 💩💩💩💩💩.
He's so durable I'm so surprised 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back