Preview 2024 Rd 10 Carlton v Sydney Friday 17th May 7:40PM AEST @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
Jack Carroll, Orazio Fantasia, Caleb Marchbank, Zac Williams
OUT: Adam Cerra (hamstring), Matthew Cottrell (foot), Jack Martin (calf), Lachie Cowan

Round 10 team v Sydney
Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringAlex Cincotta
Half-backs:Caleb MarchbankMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Zac WilliamsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Ollie HollandsTom De KoningElijah Hollands
Forwards:Harry McKayCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshMatthew Kennedy
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollOrazio Fantasia
Corey DurdinGeorge Hewett
Emergencies:Lachlan CowanJaxon BinnsLewis Young

Heeney, Blakey and Gulden the 3 to put the time into. Minimise their influence and we'll have a good shot at it. I guess Acres gets first crack at Gulden, the other 2 are tough match ups. The rains finally stopped but track will probably still be slow by Friday. Let's see how we go as underdogs.

There is capacity for players to learn new roles - it happens all the time.

Then there are rare cases like Owies who switch codes and play an effective role - in our case with a potential top 4 side.

Not sure Durdin has the tricks you're talking about either.

Yeh don’t think Durdin is anything but a role player.

Motlop is the only one on our list who has the potential but that is the area will lack the most.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We beat the dees due to 5 goals from centre clearance. Maybe they were not all from Pitto but 2 rucks are powerful. If we had a better transission game, you might not have to play Pitto but his 15+ possession games including the odd goal are hardly a liability. There is actually an arguement to be made NO PITTO. NO CARLTON
You must have been living under a rock the first 4 weeks of the season then 😉

We’ve got wingers coming out of our ears….,

is it worth trialling Binns as a small forward?

I think it be useful to see who in our current squad can fill positions of need before bringing a new person.

Our current smalls are Motlop and durdin - I don’t see owies as a “small forward”. He is more a lead up forward.

Our smalls need to be lightning fast and have ability to snap off one step.

Motlop is already good and should get better but I can’t say the same about Durdin. He has the physical traits but a really poor understanding of how he needs to position himself.

A player like Binns would be worth trialling as a small forward imo.

Not for me

In the next 2 weeks we will have Fogarty & Motlop back, have Owies, Durdin, Fantasia plus Martin, Cottrell, Elijah, Cuningham all fighting for a mobile forward spot

Binns is a genuine winger and is yet to establish himself at AFL level. He is improving all the time. When the opportunity comes he will be ready and deserves to play the role he was recuited for. The only genuine wingers we have are Acres Hollands and Binns

Moving him now would be a step backwards IMO

Cuners didn’t play out the reserves. He’s either injured or they’re keeping him fresh for this game. Did he train this morning?

(If he’s fit I’d have him above Carroll and Binns).

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You think Hewitt sub, no cerra he takes that roll in my opinion.

Bring in a runner (if we have one)
If Williams is right to go, he'll be straight back in. I'd actually be half tempted to give Cincotta a run in the midfield this week if Zach takes a spot at half back.

He played in the guts in the North VFL game a few weeks back, and was easily our best player (along with Pitto funnily enough) - his burst out of stoppages was impressive, like a raging bull.

Having said that, I think we'll just bring Georgie back from the pine into the 22 to replace Cez. I'd actually like to see DC as the sub this week - thought he was serviceable in the magoos yesterday, but can come in either a forward or an extra running mid late in the game.

Outs: Pitto, Cerra (inj)
Ins: Williams, Cunners

The only fancied team Carlton hasn't put on their backsides is Geelong - and that was Carlton losing the game with crapola conversion - aided by shyte umpiring. Brisbane -tick, GWS tick - Melbourne - tick: Sydney's turn to get a dose of the Blues.

The troops are trickling back in and we get to see a much better-executed game plan as the weeks progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back