Preview 2024 Rd 10 Carlton v Sydney Friday 17th May 7:40PM AEST @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
Jack Carroll, Orazio Fantasia, Caleb Marchbank, Zac Williams
OUT: Adam Cerra (hamstring), Matthew Cottrell (foot), Jack Martin (calf), Lachie Cowan

Round 10 team v Sydney
Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringAlex Cincotta
Half-backs:Caleb MarchbankMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Zac WilliamsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Ollie HollandsTom De KoningElijah Hollands
Forwards:Harry McKayCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshMatthew Kennedy
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollOrazio Fantasia
Corey DurdinGeorge Hewett
Emergencies:Lachlan CowanJaxon BinnsLewis Young

If Williams is fit, he's in. Probably for Cowan.
Hewett into the 22 for Cerra.
If Pittonet doesn't get up, Cuningham probably comes in to cover some forward minutes.
Carroll or Binns as sub.

This has been a tough block of games. Giants, Cats, Pies, Dees, Swans back to back. If we can get through 3-2 it would be a good result considering the disruptions we've had with injury.

The Swannies are a good outfit but think we can pinch a win and get back home with some reinforcements ready to come back in with Saad, Fogarty and Motlop becoming available.

I'd give Binns another go. He had a taste then went back to VFL knowing there's work to do. He'd be primed for another crack this week.
Interesting logic. Back to the vfl for a young player who has work to do and things to improve. So one games enough to do that? Binns can stay in the vfl for another year. Don't rush wingers.

Interesting logic. Back to the vfl for a young player who has work to do and things to improve. So one games enough to do that? Binns can stay in the vfl for another year. Don't rush wingers.

He didn't get sent back to the vfl to work on stuff. He came in late as sub for an injury and was out because players returned. Not like he was dropped due to poor form.

Im thinking a defensive forward role could be handy on the lizard. How would TDK go in that role when forward.
He rips us up all the time. If we’re weak on the rebound, he needs to be nullified. Reckon TDK might be too tall and not agile enough to keep up with him. Play CC at CHF for the game? TDK and H for the main big 1,2 fwd roles (providing Pitto is fit). CC can do anything!

He rips us up all the time. If we’re weak on the rebound, he needs to be nullified. Reckon TDK might be too tall and not agile enough to keep up with him. Play CC at CHF for the game? TDK and H for the main big 1,2 fwd roles (providing Pitto is fit). CC can do anything!

TBF he rips everyone. His agility and speed are ridiculous.

Anyone else heading up the highway for this one? (Or runway)

Thankfully nabbed a reserved seat a month or so ago when I jumped on some cheap Sydney flights.
First game at the SCG since I reckon 2001 (a loss).
I have a pretty average record interstate (2-1 last year) a crap load worse previous years.
Got a good feeling about this one or it could just be the chicken I had for tucker a few hours ago.

Go Blues!!

Come one, George has been at Carlton a few years now, learn to spell his name :p

Agreed. But some never got Koutoufides right.

Members of my family have never spelled my 28 year old daughter's name correctly, even when I have just typed it in a message to them.

I always wonder whether it is laziness, lack of care factor or some sort of muscle memory.

Anyone else heading up the highway for this one? (Or runway)

Thankfully nabbed a reserved seat a month or so ago when I jumped on some cheap Sydney flights.
First game at the SCG since I reckon 2001 (a loss).
I have a pretty average record interstate (2-1 last year) a crap load worse previous years.
Got a good feeling about this one or it could just be the chicken I had for tucker a few hours ago.

Go Blues!!
If we win or lose, it’s on you mate 😂

I think we mentioned it to each other even last season. That tdks post hitout contest work was really below par. I think it was better earlier but, maybe I'm being harsh, the 3 or so rounds before pitto came back and now that he's back it looks to me like he's completely fallen back into those habits of not wanting to do a ruckmans Job, wanting to get outside the stoppage and receive a handball. With kreuz the ruck coach and Cripps openly stating he prefers the pitto style I don't think he's being instructed to exit early either. I think you're right with needing more run. I'm not sure I'd trade out pitto for it though. Unsure why the half forwards and things don't provide more. Think unlock that first and readdress the rucks afterwards.
I think a lot of players fell back on bad habits to start the season, but I've got no problem with him linking up Kreuzer style if he's capable, and so far that looks to be the case.

Pittonet is trying to do the same thing as well, and I still think I've seen TDK shepherd more (and more aggressively) than Pittonet.

Not concerned with Cripps' thoughts to be honest... if this is the stoppage setup that Cripps built, it's shit.

I think a lot of players fell back on bad habits to start the season, but I've got no problem with him linking up Kreuzer style if he's capable, and so far that looks to be the case.

Pittonet is trying to do the same thing as well, and I still think I've seen TDK shepherd more (and more aggressively) than Pittonet.

Not concerned with Cripps' thoughts to be honest... if this is the stoppage setup that Cripps built, it's s**t.
yeah say that again - Murphy he aint!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Binns the new Paddy Dow?

In terms of wanting to check out the next best 22 player who might come in, yes. We always need an eye on incremental improvement.

I'd love to see the stats on debutants across the comp. I feel like we'd be last, but not sure.

I'd like to debut a player against the Eagles this year. Sometimes players really rise in the higher level, where the system is so much sharper.

At some point I want to see Lemmey, Moir, O'Keeffe and Wilson at the level, but there is still time.

Not concerned with Cripps' thoughts to be honest... if this is the stoppage setup that Cripps built, it's s**t.
You mean the one that has us 1st for centre clearances?

You mean the one that has us 1st for centre clearances?
What? say that again - you cant be right - someone else just described teh Captain's input into teh game he plays as being - excremendal
!!!

New lows/highs or whatever ..

but hey

THOAHIETI

In terms of wanting to check out the next best 22 player who might come in, yes. We always need an eye on incremental improvement.

I'd love to see the stats on debutants across the comp. I feel like we'd be last, but not sure.

I'd like to debut a player against the Eagles this year. Sometimes players really rise in the higher level, where the system is so much sharper.

At some point I want to see Lemmey, Moir, O'Keeffe and Wilson at the level, but there is still time.
I want the MC and the Coaches to pick the best team that they can from teh list of players they have available to win every game the team plays.

I want the MC and the Coaches to pick the best team that they can from teh list of players they have available to win every game the team plays.
Spot on, if I’ve got Osc1 , yourself and gab213 coming over, I’m not serving prawns and cocktail sauce.

It just doesn’t suffice.

Same, but I'm also casting an eye out for a difference maker.

I love that Owies has forged a career from where he came from. Same for Cottrell. Loving the Cincotta story and called for us to get him before we did, as did some others.

I loved the idea of Newman when he was still at the Swans, as a moneyball option with experience at an always challenging side. I'd go down the Swans route again with fringe players. Longmire has a standard that players bring with them. If Sam Wicks wants out, I'd take him.

I do want the best 23 in every week, but only if it fits our structure and deficiencies are addressed. Our bottom 6 should be horses for courses in my view.

We don't have anyone capable of shutting down Blakey, will have to be a team effort..Durdin, Martin and even McKay have pretty good pace over a short distance but any further than that and Blakey will burn even them off.

Owies certainly won't want to be in a situation where he's chasing Blakey that's for sure.

I love that Owies has forged a career from where he came from. Same for Cottrell. Loving the Cincotta story and called for us to get him before we did, as did some others.

I loved the idea of Newman when he was still at the Swans, as a moneyball option with experience at an always challenging side. I'd go down the Swans route again with fringe players. Longmire has a standard that players bring with them. If Sam Wicks wants out, I'd take him.

I do want the best 23 in every week, but only if it fits our structure and deficiencies are addressed. Our bottom 6 should be horses for courses in my view.
Happy myblueroan got a gig.

Spot on, if I’ve got Osc1 , yourself and gab213 coming over, I’m not serving prawns and cocktail sauce.

It just doesn’t suffice.
Hamburgers and chips of GTFO....

also dont forget the pizzas

I dont mean to be a wet blanket mate...

The Club picked the players to go on the list and the MC and coaches decided when and why to play them - I trust the Club for the first time in 20 years since Cook and Voss arrived.

I've totally bought into the 'we are supporters' thing now - only because I've seen the evidence and the results.

Makes for relaxed posting I guess - since the angst factor has been pretty much all gone.

Footy is enjoyable now - feels good to be able to watch a competitive team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back