Preview 2024 Rd 10 Carlton v Sydney Friday 17th May 7:40PM AEST @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
Jack Carroll, Orazio Fantasia, Caleb Marchbank, Zac Williams
OUT: Adam Cerra (hamstring), Matthew Cottrell (foot), Jack Martin (calf), Lachie Cowan

Round 10 team v Sydney
Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringAlex Cincotta
Half-backs:Caleb MarchbankMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Zac WilliamsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Ollie HollandsTom De KoningElijah Hollands
Forwards:Harry McKayCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshMatthew Kennedy
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollOrazio Fantasia
Corey DurdinGeorge Hewett
Emergencies:Lachlan CowanJaxon BinnsLewis Young

It’s not all bad news - Binns and Carroll can come in to shore out midfield options - and thank goodness we can always run Jack Martin through the midfield as well.

:thumbsu:

Cincotta Weitering McGovern
Boyd Kemp Newman
Acres Cripps Hollands
Elijah McKay Williams
Martin Curnow Owies
DeKoning Kennedy Walsh
Hewett Durdin Cowan Binns
sub: Carroll

Williams to replace Cottrell at HF
Binns has to come in now
Cincotta for Papley

Cupboard is getting bare but still a strong side
Pretty close to it IMO. I’d prefer Carroll in the 22. Would also love to see Williams of the half forward line.

Would never use Kemp in that type of role

I think he needs some continuity in his game
Whilst I agree he needs continuity, I don’t think one game playing primarily as a defender is going to disrupt this.
Would 100% prefer this type of disruption vs the disruption caused by his continual dropping from the firsts.

Cottrell doesn’t surprise me unfortunately, I am not nearly the runner he is so I suspect he has a very high chronic load and with that, injuries will happen

I’ve Morton’s neuroma permanently and also had an episode of bursitis, felt like I got shot in the foot when the bursa flared. Can’t imagine what a navicular stressie feels like.
that was Jimmy Hird's injury?

Nasty one...

that was Jimmy Hird's injury?

Nasty one...
Navicular stress fracture

Can't use the programs he, Luke Darcy, Nathan brown, and quite a few others used to heal anymore for a few reasons:

-AFL wasn't a WADA signatory back then
-Shane Charter/Dr ageless isn't a personal trainer anymore

Navicular stress fracture

Can't use the programs he, Luke Darcy, Nathan brown, and quite a few others used to heal anymore for a few reasons:

-AFL wasn't a WADA signatory back then
-Shane Charter/Dr ageless isn't a personal trainer anymore
He did ballet for his recurring hamstrings though and that fixed them. A bit of Barre' for Cez?

Cincotta Weitering McGovern
Boyd Kemp Newman
Acres Cripps Hollands
Elijah McKay Williams
Martin Curnow Owies
DeKoning Kennedy Walsh
Hewett Durdin Cowan Binns

Williams to replace Cottrell at HF
Binns has to come in now
Cincotta for Papley

Cupboard is getting bare but still a strong side

Marchbank instead of Binns ..... & i'm fine w that coz Binns is a little boy a/g men at AFL level [massive step up] and will get pummelled by the Swans big bodies

Thanks for the great discussions on your board regarding the game. Just one thing I notice gets mentioned multiple times. The ground size. I added a pic that shows the SCG is 5m shorter than the mcg which is nothing. And wider than docklands. So the contested game doesn't really alter. I think the cameras are lower so it looks tiny but it isn't. Hope it's a close game

screenshot_20240514_193812_reddit-jpg.1989248

Thanks for the great discussions on your board regarding the game. Just one thing I notice gets mentioned multiple times. The ground size. I added a pic that shows the SCG is 5m shorter than the mcg which is nothing. And wider than docklands. So the contested game doesn't really alter. I think the cameras are lower so it looks tiny but it isn't. Hope it's a close game

It does play much shorter though.

The centre square basically finishes at the 50 arc which in reality is probably 5 metres shorter each end.

I agree the camera angle probably accentuates it.

I have always found the camera angle really annoying at the scg, but have always had good views from the ground.

As for a close game, nah we’ve had quite a few already this year so I am hoping for a 4 goal buffer for the second half. Not in your favour either!!!!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Virtually the same size as the Gabba, which coincidentally is a ground we don't have a good history.

For a Victorian club I actually quite like Carlton so if you guys end up winning the premiership in the next few years I won't be too upset (unless it is against us).

I just hope you guys don't turn out to be like Richmond fans, who turned out to be the worst. I had no idea they were that bad when they were s**t, but when their team became good they became insufferable. Hopefully Carlton fans are better :)
oh we are. And generally, many of us like Swannies too. Good team.

It does play much shorter though.

The centre square basically finishes at the 50 arc which in reality is probably 5 metres shorter each end.

I agree the camera angle probably accentuates it.

I have always found the camera angle really annoying at the scg, but have always had good views from the ground.

As for a close game, nah we’ve had quite a few already this year so I am hoping for a 4 goal buffer for the second half. Not in your favour either!!!!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I wonder if the bordered size of the ground, delineated by the boundary line, is different - more room between line & fence.

SCG looks much smaller arc to square to arc. Those 50m lines also seem suspect !

Not giving up on Pitto just yet;

Cincotta Weiters Kemp
Boyd McGov Newman
Acres Cripps Ollie
Elijah McKay Williams
Martin Curnow Owies
Pitto Hewy Walsh
Kennedy Durdin Cowan TDK

Ins Hewwwwitt, Carroll
Out Cerra, Cotters.

Love the idea of trying Williams HF/Mid.

Interesting to see how we bring Saad, Motlop & Fog back in next week!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back