Preview 2024 Rd 10 Carlton v Sydney Friday 17th May 7:40PM AEST @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
Jack Carroll, Orazio Fantasia, Caleb Marchbank, Zac Williams
OUT: Adam Cerra (hamstring), Matthew Cottrell (foot), Jack Martin (calf), Lachie Cowan

Round 10 team v Sydney
Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringAlex Cincotta
Half-backs:Caleb MarchbankMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Zac WilliamsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Ollie HollandsTom De KoningElijah Hollands
Forwards:Harry McKayCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshMatthew Kennedy
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollOrazio Fantasia
Corey DurdinGeorge Hewett
Emergencies:Lachlan CowanJaxon BinnsLewis Young

Might need to ease up a bit. Fantasia has played 7 games for 5 wins and two losses. Wins include Brisbane and Giants when we were underdogs. Harry & Charlie haven't kicked 10+ in any of the wins that Orazio has played in. We'd all like him to do more but he has been aided by lack of availability in his area of the ground (if one of Fogarty, Cuningham or Motlop were available he probably wouldn't be playing) and he must have some traits that Vossy likes.

At the end of the day Fantasia playing will not determine whether we will win or lose.

He chains into the forwards well. Hope he kicks a few. I’m a believer still.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The ins aren’t real inspiring…
None earned their spot with form in the VFL…

Martin injured again and what’s Binns have to do to get a game (Dow all over again)

Blues by 1 point
Don’t turn Binns into Dow please. It’s not uncommon for a 19 year old to have things to develop in his game before coming into the seniors. Had a heap of the ball in the VFL last week, but burned it pretty bad at times

A poor one.
You can be a fan boy all you want but i like to call shitty AFL players for what they are regardless if they play for us and pull on our jumper.

Fantasia is rubbish /discussion.

You can be a fan boy all you want but i like to call shitty AFL players for what they are regardless if they play for us and pull on our jumper.

Fantasia is rubbish /discussion.
You can call them shitty all you want, doesn’t mean they don’t play a role the coaches like them doing (see half of Collingwood’s team that won the flag last year)

omg, seriuoiusly? robbed? :tearsofjoy:

Yeah seriously…I just think at 42 touch game could have been rewarded considering Marchy and Fantasia did SFA in the same game

Cowan is the future. Marchy is one more injury away from having a line put through him…should have had a month in the VFL to prove his durability

Fantasia needed a month in the VFL to actually show he’s better then depth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah seriously…I just think at 42 touch game could have been rewarded considering Marchy and Fantasia did SFA in the same game

Cowan is the future. Marchy is one more injury away from having a line put through him…should have had a month in the VFL to prove his durability

Fantasia got coaches votes mate 😂😂 SFA though

You can call them shitty all you want, doesn’t mean they don’t play a role the coaches like them doing (see half of Collingwood’s team that won the flag last year)
What exactly is his role??

To be slow ? Tick

Get run off inside our forward 50 ? Tick

Apply little to no pressure when we lose possession inside F50 ? Tick

Be extremely poor overhead ? Tick

Average a whopping 8 touches and .3 goals a game and dont get me started on F50 tackles? Tick

Have nudes of Vossy? Tick

Anything else?? I am struggling to even make a serious case for anything positive he offers us besides resembling a nice looking statue inside F50. 😏

Fantasia got coaches votes mate 😂😂 SFA though
Coaches votes in the VFL??

Lol and Paddy Dow and OBrien use to get them as well. 😫😂

One is playing in the bush now and the other cant get a game at the Saints after being only recruited cause SOS drafted him.

To be slow ? Tick

Average a whopping 8 touches and .3 goals a game and dont get me started on F50 tackles? Tick

Anything else?? I am struggling to even make a serious case for anything positive he offers us besides resembling a nice looking statue inside F50. 😏
Be second in the team in goal assists - check

He’s hardly been great, but he’s required for team structure. Also, he played ressies last week with a double figure injury list. Clearly he’s a favourite though….?

Did you watch the game AB?

Binns got a lot of the pill, but not a lot of impact. Developing well, but he is even less contested than Ollie

He said he did sweet FA. Clearly he didn’t if he was one of the best on the ground
Fantasia’s best role is VFL.

He is to slow for the AFL now and doesnt apply F50 pressure when we are not in possession. VFL level this is not as scrutinized.

To be slow ? Tick

200w.gif

Be second in the team in goal assists - check

He’s hardly been great, but he’s required for team structure. Also, he played ressies last week with a double figure injury list. Clearly he’s a favourite though….?
I raise your 1 tick that is very ambiguous to start with with my 5!

Feel free to call me out and what is not true rather than reply with GIFS that just make you look like your a fan boy or related to our newest potato.

Fans are allowed to have criticisms that are justified about our own players.

Uninspiring changes, but I'm not too sure who else we can bring in.

Half Forward options are light and form hasn't warranted Moir or Lemmy getting a game. Lemmey has also played primarily down back in the VFL this year. I wouldn't mind trialing Moir, Lemmey = too tall in the forward line, but probably not against the Swans when they're in form.

Midfield, we are also incredibly light and I'm not sold on Carroll either.

Binns may be "stiff" but Ollie will take Cottrells wing I suspect which means there isn't a spot for him. Outside his lack of awareness at times Ollie had a good game last week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back