Preview 2024 Rd 10 Carlton v Sydney Friday 17th May 7:40PM AEST @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
Jack Carroll, Orazio Fantasia, Caleb Marchbank, Zac Williams
OUT: Adam Cerra (hamstring), Matthew Cottrell (foot), Jack Martin (calf), Lachie Cowan

Round 10 team v Sydney
Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringAlex Cincotta
Half-backs:Caleb MarchbankMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Zac WilliamsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Ollie HollandsTom De KoningElijah Hollands
Forwards:Harry McKayCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshMatthew Kennedy
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollOrazio Fantasia
Corey DurdinGeorge Hewett
Emergencies:Lachlan CowanJaxon BinnsLewis Young

Love Marchy being back in. Hopefully we see an experiment of either Kemp or Mcgovern forward at times.

Yep but I think our bigger struggle is the half forward line and with Martin again out we may need to try someone else there - more likely Williams than Kemp or McGovern but who knows.

Also I read Fantasia played more mid in the VFL than normal which explains the approx 23 touches he had - so he may not play half forward as much as we expect given he’s the one replacing Martin.

So hopefully we are able to mix things up and catch the Swans unprepared with some of our moves

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He chains into the forwards well. Hope he kicks a few. I’m a believer still.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Seems to be given the Dale Thomas treatment atm

He is still learning the game plan, reestablishing some confidence after it being shot to pieces through various injuries

He’s only really had one bad game, against Collingwood, other than that has been doing enough whilst you’d still a little more from him

Would love him to kick a few or have an influence and shut some people up

We really know how to bag our own here, worse than Richmond supporters

If he doesn't watch the VFL and you do, can you give him the answers from your perspective?
I don't know the answers to the questions myself - those were just the first things that came into my head thinking about how I would go about finding out.

Yep but I think our bigger struggle is the half forward line and with Martin again out we may need to try someone else there - more likely Williams than Kemp or McGovern but who knows.

Also I read Fantasia played more mid in the VFL than normal which explains the approx 23 touches he had - so he may not play half forward as much as we expect given he’s the one replacing Martin.

So hopefully we are able to mix things up and catch the Swans unprepared with some of our moves

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I'd expect Kennedy as the extra forward due to past experience and also Fantasia there too. Presume he played midfield in VFL to help find touch.

If ever we needed H and CC to go nuts, it's tomorrow/today
Vossy give them he'll and get them going
BIG GAME we simply MUST WIN
We’ve got a tough draw - not sure how that happened.

All games are important to win.

I think H and Charlie need to lead more from in front and make it easier for ball carriers to kick it to advantage.

Otherwise we bomb it in and it becomes very difficult to mark with oppo double teaming our forwards and we don’t have the small forwards to make something out of dropped balls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd expect Kennedy as the extra forward due to past experience and also Fantasia there too. Presume he played midfield in VFL to help find touch.

With Cerra out surely Kennedy stays in midfield

Small ground and we have TDK Charlie & McKay up forward. Not sure we need another mid/taller player

It’s up to Owies Durdin Fantasia to be busy and get to every contest. I hope to see Williams up there as well taking Cottrells role

It wouldn’t surprise me if Williams re-injured himself. I reckon he would’ve done and said anything to play this weekend. I don’t trust him and don’t think he is best 22.

Marchbank is good at what he does at AFL level. He is injury prone but his injuries tend to be specific rather than recurring issues like Martin, Cunners and Cerra.

Cowan will be a player but he is clearly not ready yet. He panics when he gets the ball. The thought of Papley running at him tomorrow night is terrifying.
Marchy has certainly been good at what he does at AFL level, but he's also been bad at it. His last game being a prime example. I just don't think he's earned the right to be a walk up start. His only form this year was a stinker against the worst team in the comp and an ok game last week against Casey. Not sure that he's knocking the door down. Sure, he was good in finals last year, but that was 8 months ago.
Slim pickings and all, but still...

Just means we get to watch them lose two finals this year instead of one.
Would be pretty hard for them to miss finals from here, although they've done it before, but I can't see them staying top 4 with their run home.
At worst, they should go 3-2 in their next 5, but it gets tougher for them after that.

Watching Binns in the VFL, imo, he is like a jack in the box, energiser bunny.
I would have him play in the forward line at AFL as I can see him buzzing around creating opportunities.
With that energy applying forward pressure.
He maybe skinny and need more muscle but he could be that livewire in the forward and if he kicks some goals the oppo has to pay attention.

Watching Binns in the VFL, imo, he is like a jack in the box, energiser bunny.
I would have him play in the forward line at AFL as I can see him buzzing around creating opportunities.
With that energy applying forward pressure.
He maybe skinny and need more muscle but he could be that livewire in the forward and if he kicks some goals the oppo has to pay attention.

Played a bit forward as a junior, perhaps we can trial that at VFL first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back