Autopsy 2024 Rd 10 Pack up the tents, we're going home. Swans smash Blues.

Who played well for the Blues in Round 10 vs the Swans?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow - I’m not really mad.

I went in expecting to get flogged and that was before Weiters went down. An equally healthy list and at the G (or any ground that’s not the SCG), I’d back us.

The fact we had to play O Hollands on E Gulden says a lot.

The things that annoy me are things like Charlie doing his dumb kicks on the in-step and not taking his set shot from 50m, then not making the distance.
Getting predictable that IF it’s on target it’ll still be touched on the goal line.
Clearly getting in last year…

we've got the equal two best forwards in the comp...

But...

Wasnt H night - missed a sitter and dropped his head...he'll bounce back

Charlie is serious talent but plays like he doesnt give a heck
TBH, I’m a bit over Charlie’s smart arse, Ill considered, worm burning field kicks that are kicked straight to the opposition - time for a foot up the backside..

Durdin 0 kicks in a whole game of footy…93 minutes time on ground for zero kicks…1 hour and 33 minutes for zero kicks…is that a Guiness world record? Can we get them down to the club to verify and get him his certificate?

Kade Simpson probably beat it with his first 3 games.

I didn't realise it was 0 kicks. So 3 handballs at 33% efficiency? He missed with 2 of his 3 handballs. Yikes.

There is always someone else, even if they aren’t an upgrade, at least you set a standard.

There actually isn’t. Looking at our list this is who you could pick to replace Durdin based off availability this week:

Cowan
Binns
Lemmey
Young
Wilson
Akuei
Moir
Mirkov

Moir the only one who plays his role who could have come in. Unless we picked Wilson or Binns and asked them to be a small forward which they don’t do in the vfl, which would be totally unfair on them.

There actually isn’t. Looking at our list this is who you could pick to replace Durdin based off availability this week:

Cowan
Binns
Lemmey
Young
Wilson
Akuei
Moir
Mirkov

Moir the only one who plays his role who could have come in. Unless we picked Wilson or Binns and asked them to be a small forward which they don’t do in the vfl, which would be totally unfair on them.

Is your concern that any of those would have been worse?

Honestly, I said Moir isn't ready... but in hindsight I reckon he would have offered more tonight...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kade Simpson probably beat it with his first 3 games.

I didn't realise it was 0 kicks. So 3 handballs at 33% efficiency? He missed with 2 of his 3 handballs. Yikes.
What’s happened to him?
Thought he was developing really well in 2022, last year injury ruined, and here we are in 2024 …

The continual breaking of tackles was embarrassing.
What's more embarrassing is that it's the same repeat offenders.
That was huge issue from the game. The midfield unit were too strong for us.

We also seemed to lack a little speed, Warner, Blakey were constantly breaking lines as well.

Thought Boyd was kicking with dare early until he turned it over and then we all stopped taking the game on.

I'd actually stick with Williams forward for a period of time.

I am still not sure how out midfield - our #1 weapon - was so non-existent there tonight. Particularly in the 2nd-3rd quarter. It was almost back to the Bolton years bad.

Next worst is our kicking into the forward line. How do we not find a way to isolate TDK on his midget opponent?

Despite having 3 big forwards numerous times we ended up kicking to Owies or Durdin as marking targets. Numerous times we kick to the advantage of the opposition player.

But at least we're consistent in this. I.e. we do it every week. The midfield thing was a shock.

Is your concern that any of those would have been worse?

Honestly, I said Moir isn't ready... but in hindsight I reckon he would have offered more tonight...
If you potentially want to ruin a career/derail someone development who isn’t quite ready, then sure… why not …
It’s not as simple as you make it sound

Back