Position 2024 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe they have to play Frampton forward?

Think Johnson is getting the arse. Is he enough of a scapegoat or will the mob demand Dean's head too?
Reef McInnes will come in for Johnson up forward. Dean looks awkward with ball in hand but I think we will keep playing him and give him time to gel with Moore and Howe due to a lack of options.

I think I’ll give Dean a shot, I need two rookies down back to cover for both Gibcus and looking likely Z.Reid. Pretty short of options down there

I think I’ll give Dean a shot, I need two rookies down back to cover for both Gibcus and looking likely Z.Reid. Pretty short of options down there
Just remember, 4 of the next 5 rounds are best 18. I'm sitting on Gibcus for the time being until better options pop up.

I thought Dean was ok, looked better than against GWS. It's usually the young blokes that get the blame, but it was really the veterans getting out worked by Sydney imo.
Dean was horrible

Had a quick look on the Dogs board and a few calling for Coffield to be dropped...

giphy.gif

Had a quick look on the Dogs board and a few calling for Coffield to be dropped...

giphy.gif

they are calling for lots to be dropped (they're an emotional and irrational bunch over there) - don't think it happens he was steady. Khamis more likely to be dropped imo
besides KPDs, Duryea the only one likely to come into the backline but he's more lockdown rather than interceptor/distributor.
Think Bevo gives him more chances

Berry is a spud but the hardwick game plan suits spud small forwards scoring well so worth consiering.
It would almost be impossible for him to not go up 100+k in the next three weeks.

giphy.gif
TBH this is why the Dogs aren’t going anywhere IMO. Believing they don’t need to change anything, have a Premiership list and have just been unlucky has been their issue. Since their GF in 2021; Dunkley has moved on, Macrae and Caleb are a shadow of their former selves, Easton Wood has gone, Bailey Smith out for the year and they’ve replaced all those players with Lobb and Harmes. Surely they play the third player they traded in and give him a decent crack, otherwise just going to be another also-ran year.

T Berry

game 1 he only had 6 disposals, all kicks, 3 marks and 3 tackles - 60% TOG for a 62 (seems inflated)
last night 17 disposals with 3 marks and 7 tackles - 72% TOG for a 104
the ton will help for 2 price rises and he should put on at least $100k

are we expecting him to revert to type and start dropping 50's - 5th year in the system and his best previous average is 43

Suns draw gets a bit tougher over the next 4 weeks - Dogs (in ballarat), BYE, GWS (home), Hawks (home), Swans (SCG)

is the guaranteed $100k worth it?
Just my opinion, but i think an almost guaranted $100k quick cash grab early in the season is worth it given we have 40 trades.

You snooze, you lose this season.

Thats the way I m playing anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im having trouble getting onto Tooserious for breakevens.

Who is on the bubble this week?

At a glance I can see:

Roberts
Sexton
Howes
Windsor
Thomas
Wehr
Berry
Campbell

Anyone I’m missing?

Am thinking Lazaro to Berry at this stage

Hold on Sanders for me no point until rookies are on the bubble

T Berry for the cash grab
Just out of curiosity how do you work out how much these players will go up this week
e.g

If Hogan scores 100
If Billings scores 90
If Tberry scores 80
If Windsor scores 80
If McKay scores 100

This could help make a decision which player to bring in to your side

Im having trouble getting onto Tooserious for breakevens.

Who is on the bubble this week?

At a glance I can see:

Roberts
Sexton
Howes
Windsor
Thomas
Wehr
Berry
Campbell

Anyone I’m missing?

Am thinking Lazaro to Berry at this stage
Also Uwland, Dean and Maurice Rioli (rookie priced)

Just out of curiosity how do you work out how much these players will go up this week
e.g

If Hogan scores 100
If Billings scores 90
If Tberry scores 80
If Windsor scores 80
If McKay scores 100

This could help make a decision which player to bring in to your side
There are projections on SC and in other sites, but if you have nothing else to go off, take the score you think they'll get, subtract their Breakeven (BE) and multiply the result by $425/pt early rounds, $440 thereafter.
There are more exact ways and I can give you the formulas if you like, but it is all guesswork because we have to take a stab at the magic number (MN) for the week, but the actual MN can differ.(because the MN is back-calculated based on the number needed to keep the Total Price Pool (TPP) constant.
The starting MN this year was 5.6k/point or so, that will end up around 5.2k later in the year (MN drops because the rookies easily outstrip their starting price AVG)
That was probably way more than you were looking for., Sorry

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back