Game Day 2024 Round 01 Collingwood v Sydney @ MCG @ 7:40 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm predicting Brodie Grundy to get 32 hitouts, 8 clearances and 91 federal indictments tonight

View attachment 1928405
Stop the Steele!

Umpire appointments are a concern

But we will win by 10 goals
They always are.
My wife has always been a believer in that the AFL have a hatred for the Swans since Buddy came to town and passed that on to the umpiring department to treat the Swans accordingly. She might be right as I see no other reason that we appear to be on the negative side of free kicks in almost every game we play, even those at the SCG.
I watched the last quarter of the 2012 grand final on you tube last night and couldn't believe how many obvious free kicks to us were called "play on" so I checked the figures for that game. Hawthorn - 21 free kicks, Sydney - 10. So, it appears the umpires hated us even before Buddy became a swan.

They always are.
My wife has always been a believer in that the AFL have a hatred for the Swans since Buddy came to town and passed that on to the umpiring department to treat the Swans accordingly. She might be right as I see no other reason that we appear to be on the negative side of free kicks in almost every game we play, even those at the SCG.
I watched the last quarter of the 2012 grand final on you tube last night and couldn't believe how many obvious free kicks to us were called "play on" so I checked the figures for that game. Hawthorn - 21 free kicks, Sydney - 10. So, it appears the umpires hated us even before Buddy became a swan.
I know I harp on about Gianfagna - and he is one of the lower profile umps going around.

However......

His propensity to award absurdly soft free kicks to opposition forwards (particularly for high contact) is infuriating.

He was formerly (briefly) on Melbourne's list & captained Carlton's VFL side - so is an accomplished ex-player and should have a feel for the game. But seemingly doesn't.

Went to the blues v richmond game. imo crowd noise defs impacts the players, both sides were shitting themselves in the 2nd half with poor skill use.

The key will be goal kick accuracy & whoever is more effective on the turnover game.

Massive game for our 3 tall fwds, I also think the midfields match up a bit closer than our clear speed advantage v the dees.

I just don't want a blowout, tbh expecting a collingwood win but would be pleased if we got within 18 points.

Amartey to kick 3 in the 1st half then subbed out for wicks at 3/4 time.

They always are.
They tried everything to get us beat and then there is Stevic

An adventurer who took an arrow to the knee!

My knee is always blown up. I guess it's what happens when it's chronically dislocated I guess. Sadly, I'm not an adventurer who took an arrow to the knee. I wish I was though. Would make my story much more interesting. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sadly can't go , knee has blown up again
monty python misc films GIF

I know I harp on about Gianfagna - and he is one of the lower profile umps going around.

However......

His propensity to award absurdly soft free kicks to opposition forwards (particularly for high contact) is infuriating.

He was formerly (briefly) on Melbourne's list & captained Carlton's VFL side - so is an accomplished ex-player and should have a feel for the game. But seemingly doesn't.
Has the absolute worst free kick differential against the swans of any ump by some margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back