Trades 2024 Round 10 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon there’s 12 better options than Ollie. Melb’s new game plan just doesn’t support his game anymore. Trying to open up the forward line instead of problems we’ve had in previous years with kicking long to a congested forward line. Doing that by concentrating on a turnover game and backing defence instead of clearances. Having said that, it’s an ever evolving game plan and it seems they are tinkering with it each week. Might reach a happy medium, but I’d definitely want to see more personally, even if it means paying more. Clarry’s problem is that without those contested possessions there’s not much more to his game. He’s a see ball kick ball type player and often just bangs it on his boot without looking, hence atrocious disposal efficiency. He’d be better defaulting to handball TBH.

Scythe94 way wish to weigh in. I see he traded Piggy in so maybe he’s seeing the game differently.
You definitely raise some valid points, Jisk. There have been some changes in the gameplan for sure, but I think there's also an element of the midfield group just being out of form.

I took the punt on him last week, but not with an expectation that he gets back to the player he was (not this year, at least). I was actually fairly buoyed by how he looked on Thursday, despite the 87 – he was cracking into contests more, and his second halves have been pretty good over the past two weeks, which is a good sign for his fitness.

I think his upside actually improves a bit if we park Petracca forward more now (which we'll surely look at after that game). When he's the number one big dog in the middle, he tends to step up his game, and Gawn looks for him more with his taps (his combo with Petracca has been #1 in the AFL this year, despite our midfield group struggling).

As I said, wouldn't pick him expecting the 120+ of years' past, but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes 105ish on the run home – up to the individual whether they think that's worthy of M8 and ~495k – it was for me.

Not.cooked, but Max Holmes and Zuthrie are lowering his ceiling a bit.
Both flying.and copping.plenty of usage.
Stewart still OK, I reckon, but also not going anywhere
He still knows how to score well & quickly e.g. 1st half of RD8, before his niggles

I’m getting him in

First draft, minimal thought:

H Reid, Howes, Windsor
for
Green, Heeney, Reville

Jack Black GIF

This is probably a better move than a double downgrade. 190k left over. Does kill my MID/DEF link for the foreseeable future tho.

Means missing Breville and co. But my rooks are still mooing.

Could prob get Rank instead and switch Windsor. Bont and Serong aren’t getting much cheaper tho anytime soon IMO, suits my Byes well and have a much better ceiling.

Thoughts?

IMG_4184.jpeg

IMG_4183.jpeg

At this stage I'm looking at trading Graham > Reville and then Rayner > Premo Mid to complete my midfield, yet to decide on who

I also need to move Roberts and Reid on as well but moving on that s**tstain Rayner is a bigger priority so they will have to wait.

You definitely raise some valid points, Jisk. There have been some changes in the gameplan for sure, but I think there's also an element of the midfield group just being out of form.

I took the punt on him last week, but not with an expectation that he gets back to the player he was (not this year, at least). I was actually fairly buoyed by how he looked on Thursday, despite the 87 – he was cracking into contests more, and his second halves have been pretty good over the past two weeks, which is a good sign for his fitness.

I think his upside actually improves a bit if we park Petracca forward more now (which we'll surely look at after that game). When he's the number one big dog in the middle, he tends to step up his game, and Gawn looks for him more with his taps (his combo with Petracca has been #1 in the AFL this year, despite our midfield group struggling).

As I said, wouldn't pick him expecting the 120+ of years' past, but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes 105ish on the run home – up to the individual whether they think that's worthy of M8 and ~495k – it was for me.
Don’t think we’ll see Trac up forward. That was a desperation move on a wet night when nothing else was working. And good to see Goody trying something TBH. Spargo and McAdam to come and no-one to replace Trac in the middle after losing Angus.

Don’t think we’ll see Trac up forward. That was a desperation move on a wet night when nothing else was working. And good to see Goody trying something TBH. Spargo and McAdam to come and no-one to replace Trac in the middle after losing Angus.
Don't necessarily need to replace him with a full-time mid, a combo of more mid minutes for Koz, Sparrow, ANB and (fingers crossed) Rivers would cover the deficit.

Get your point re McAdam, but Spargo is pretty inconsequential.

Don't necessarily need to replace him with a full-time mid, a combo of more mid minutes for Koz, Sparrow, ANB and (fingers crossed) Rivers would cover the deficit.

Get your point re McAdam, but Spargo is pretty inconsequential.
I like Kossie through the middle. Surprised they don’t do it more. Rivers will once Salem returns. Still don’t see Trac spending much time forward. Was tried there last year as well but we lost to much in the middle, and that’s when Gus was there. Tracs work around the packs, burst out of stoppage with strength is too much to give up. Reckon he’s more a break glass in an emergency option, but we’ll see.

Hands off my Rankine you filthy pack of kents.

I have had him since day one and remained loyal while others jumped off.

I feel guilty getting that flog Zorko into my team but I can't let my hatred of him get in the way from a SC point of view.

Graham > Reville
Powell > Zorko

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The other thing I reckon is worth thinking about with fallen premos like Oliver and Stewart is if you're confident at some point they'll make a reasonable enough amount of money to upgrade them again later (if you want to).

For instance, I was tossing up Clarry and the likes of Neale and Touk last week. I figured with Clarry, if he can make ~$100k, I can just about sideways him later on, effectively using the same amount of trades as I would have if I had upgraded to someone more expensive last week (and was consequently forced to do another downgrade).

I think that will be an especially important consideration with forwards given what a shitshow they are this year. I'm probably going to be looking to trade the likes of Wilson/Darcy/Comben to bottomed out premos and bank the trades saved on downgrades to try to stack my bench.

I'm happy with my forwards compared to some of the FWD lines I've seen on here.
Not a Zorko fan but he's the final piece:

View attachment 1987611
Best FWD line I've seen, and by a decent margin.
All killer, no filler.
And there are good buying options for upgrades on other lines at the moment, so you're pretty handily placed to skim the cream and plug the gaps as long as your cash gen permits 👍

Think I'm going RoMa.
Was going to last week, but went Luke Jackson to keep options open.

Fyfe + Billings + TBC (two options, not sure yet) > Marshall + Petracca + Sullivan

Little nervous on Trac, Rowell arguably potentially better buying next week, but Trac's a quality operator.

And guaranteed that gunshy prick Billings will prick up and ton against the Weagles

Means fielding shaky FWDs, just have to hope Darcy and the boiz keep on keeping on one more week.

At this stage I'm looking at trading Graham > Reville and then Rayner > Premo Mid to complete my midfield, yet to decide on who

I also need to move Roberts and Reid on as well but moving on that sh*tstain Rayner is a bigger priority so they will have to wait.

H.Reid > Sullivan
Graham > Houston (or Stewart/Sinclair/N.Martin?)
What's the story with Graham is he not coming back?

What's the story with Graham is he not coming back?
Played VFL in QLD on Sunday, so it's unlikely he'll play this week off a 4-day break. Davies also looked pretty good so it'll be tough to break back in.

Best case scenario, he's back in Round 11. With unexpected spike games to players like Darcy and Clohesy though, many coaches will have no other rookies ready to cull yet. For lack of better options, he's the best to cull as he's made $160k already and isn't playing.

I am doing it, I am bringing in Zorko
Putting aside that he's a grub, he's killing it and will probably continue to do so as long as his body holds up.
He's pretty well suited to it, knows how to read the play, gets to the right spots and he uses the footy well.

Played VFL in QLD on Sunday, so it's unlikely he'll play this week off a 4-day break. Davies also looked pretty good so it'll be tough to break back in.

Best case scenario, he's back in Round 11. With unexpected spike games to players like Darcy and Clohesy though, many coaches will have no other rookies ready to cull yet. For lack of better options, he's the best to cull as he's made $160k already and isn't playing.
Bummer, can't even use him as a loophole donut this week 😕

Best case scenario, he's back in Round 11. With unexpected spike games to players like Darcy and Clohesy though, many coaches will have no other rookies ready to cull yet. For lack of no better options, he's the best to cull as he's made $160k already and isn't playing.
Not related, but Sexton - how's the JS? How did he play? Didn't see any of his game.
40k short of Z Fisher, could theoretically get Sexton over Sullivan if output / JS justify

Not related, but Sexton - how's the JS? How did he play? Didn't see any of his game.
40k short of Z Fisher, could theoretically get Sexton over Sullivan if output / JS justify
No idea on JS - if it was a straight swap for Powell, he's in until his bye basically.

The half-backs were Flanders, Sexton and Uwland, who had a great game. Sexton's game I didn't rate as much, but he was still good, although considering the opposition, not much you can really take out of it.

Considering they are up in Darwin and Fiorini (half-forward) and Swallow (mid) were managed, you'd think he is safe for this week. Atkins and Budarick racked it up in the twos though (27 and 34 respectively), so depending on how he goes, could be straight out for one of them the week after.

Personally think it would be way too risky to trade into him - I'm just taking as much money as I can get before he's dropped and then turfing him. Hopefully it's 2-3 games and he can get over $300k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back