Trades 2024 Round 2 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Billings will love playing more games at the G.

Wide open spaces compared to when he was playing at Marvel with the Saints.

And you could see yesterday that Melbourne wanted to get the ball into Billing's hands as much as possible going forward.

Are we just forgetting the 50 minutes of cardio he got the week before Nels for 11 points ?

15 marks and 23 possies for 119 .. not full of confidence it's a high scoring role

My latest thinking is keep fisher and martin, go gibcus to massimo and harmes to T Berry. Correcting an injury, suspension and pulling in Berry for earlier cash gen. Also keeping the boost for later.

Oi you bastards, don't break my glorious piglet Serong, he's mine!

Yas Omg GIF by O&O, Inc

1710757927286.png

Go Season 9 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Don't think 2 burnmen are worth a boost, so it's just the stock standard:

Fisher -> Heeney
Gibcus -> Carroll/Sharp via Naicos DPP

Getting Billings also costs me Berry, which is just a silly sideways. Might hurt me in future, but can always do next week if he keeps it up.

I can go:

1)
Gibcus --> D'Ambrosio
Martin --> McKercher
Fisher --> Flanders

And bank 100k...

OR

2)
Gibcus --> D'Ambrosio
Martin --> Premo up to 585k
Fisher --> Billings

Leaving me without much cash at all.

Option 1 better for cash gen perhaps, but option 2 I get in an extra premo. Does leave me cashless though. And with a very weak fwd line of Jackson then Billings being next best. Hmm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll probably regret it but I’m leaning towards

Martin and Fisher -> Billings and Serong 93k bank

Genuinely some absolute brilliant knee jerks in here. Spend months and months talking about the same players in here and then one bad score and you all running to the hills scared. TRADE TRADE TRADE.

Sitting on Martin and Fish over here for a week, its a marathon not a sprint peoples
Yep. Only reason I'm doing Fish -> Heeney is it's an extra premo on the field. As so many people have Naicos and Grundy, figure the bye doesn't hurt nearly as much as say Flanders.

Particularly Serong - you ain't getting that 170 people! It's like Ryan in round 1 last year - was looking to be his highest score for the season by a fair margin until Round 17. Only difference there is that Luke Ryan must smell cos he always seems to be a POD.

i feel like both fisher and martin are bound to come good considering the roles they have(which is why ppl had them in the first place), only thing is am i missing out on a big score from hogan + price rise to gamble on fisher coming good. also not sure if its dean or hore for gibcus

also like the idea someone had before to go from hogan to mckay next week to double dip on the weak matchups

was thinking of going clark to cadman with dpp but not sure using a boost is worth it for cadman's 1 week price rise into a bye

are there other areas that my team needs working on instead?

1710759350557.png

Thoughts on Gibcus and Fisher to D'Ambrosio and Dempsey?

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app
None are on the bubble, so I'd say keep your powder dry this week. Having more trades in the bank will be gold later on.

Only one game sample size on three of them as well. Imagine if Fisher tons and Dempsey drops a 30 next week, or D'Ambrosio's score was a flash in the pan that will come out after one game? Considering the SC Gods, I'd say that's probably a certainty. Then you're already a trade up on all the trigger-happy kents, potentially even two, and have more info to make a better decision.

Only trade if you are missing the must haves on the bubble imo.

Yep. Only reason I'm doing Fish -> Heeney is it's an extra premo on the field. As so many people have Naicos and Grundy, figure the bye doesn't hurt nearly as much as say Flanders.

Particularly Serong - you ain't getting that 170 people! It's like Ryan in round 1 last year - was looking to be his highest score for the season by a fair margin until Round 17. Only difference there is that Luke Ryan must smell cos he always seems to be a POD.
At least in my case for my trades just above, the only way I can get Billings is at the expense of Fisher. It’s reactionary, I know, but I probably have too many north players and Billings will make enough to justify the trade.

Now you mention you won’t get Serong’s 170. You’re 100% right but I’d argue we could be seeing a young player that already took a huge leap last season, ascending to even greater heights. He plays north this week, obviously a favourable fixture, followed by a few harder games before it really starts to open up at round 6. I can see a scenario where Serong gets priced out of us for a large portion of the season. So if that means turning a speculative pick like Martin, into at least a 110 averaging player with the upside to push for 120 (he’s improved every season), then why not? I already have 4 premium defenders, I honestly only started Martin because of fomo.

View attachment 1932171

Sorry couldn't find a 'rate my team' thread. Anyone see any obvious trades I should make? Feel like I sit on Gibcus and Lohmann for another week before moving them out.
Good to see you here, friend :love:

Team is looking pretty solid. Do you have enough cash left over to do Gibcus to D'Ambrosio? If not, you can probably hold fire this week as you have 22 available and no other def rookies are a pressing selection (could do Gibcus to Hore next week if he goes well).

Could always do Lohmann to T Berry if you're wanting a quick cash grab (or Billings if you have cash) but besides that, you're pretty fine standing pat. Worth giving Martin another week IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back