Trades 2024 Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed, Daicos in particular will be fine but he has the maginness tag, the bye and then possibly a willem drew tag. I’m happy to avoid those 3 weeks and get him back cheap later
Would think there's a pretty decent chance Maginness doesn't get a game given how s**t he's been.

Would think there's a pretty decent chance Maginness doesn't get a game given how s**t he's been.
If maginness isn’t named in the team i’ll just hold Daicos then, it’s another reason to trade Young this week and possibly Daicos next week

Would you downgrade Dawson to Serong, keeping Grundy longer, or keep Dawson another week and trade Grundy to Serong?

The former I should still have the cash to go to Green next week with a downgrade for Darcy, the latter I can trade Dawson to Green if Dawson shits the bed, but obviously have to pay up a decent amount.

I'm in the same boat. I think it's worth it to have a D7 cover, along with his potential price rises. A few more 60's and you're laughing.

If you pass on Pink this week, will be a choice of him or Brown next week for the same price. Tresize maybe if he goes well. A dilemma for many who have both Coffield and Zeid.

The scenario of having D7, D8 and R3 as dead rookies, so early on, with no defensive cover in case of late outs... is dangerous.
Tresize is injured:

1711508625253.png

If maginness isn’t named in the team i’ll just hold Daicos then, it’s another reason to trade Young this week and possibly Daicos next week
You either trade Daicos this week or keep IMO. The point is to get him back after his bye at a big discount, which is likely to be a much smaller discount after this week (if he has a huge game this week against the Lions getting close to his BE then he's not gonna drop enough to be worth it the following week even if he drops an avg score. If he has a s**t score, then you've already lost too much cash).

Same issue for me:

Sharp/Powell/Dempsey - Which 2?
As others have mentioned - Powell is only an option if you think he's a chance at being a keeper. If you think he can go 90+ and be at worst F6 with DPP then fine. If you don't think he can then you are better off going for the rookies and spending the $160k somewhere else.

As others have mentioned - Powell is only an option if you think he's a chance at being a keeper. If you think he can go 90+ and be at worst F6 with DPP then fine. If you don't think he can then you are better off going for the rookies and spending the $160k somewhere else.
I think he's a decent chance of being F6, and a very good chance of being F7/M9

Makes sense. Sounds alright. Go with it.

As a new poster, I advise being more irrational and knee-jerk in your posting. Really let the emotions fly with tantrums and humorous memes. Just a tip. :D
1711510237781.gif

My drive-by of Grundy not irrational enough hahah?

I’ve got nothing to melt about yet… except starting Naicos instead of Ryan costing me a top 100 spot overall grrr!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excellent parenting, focusing on SC! Nicely done.

Like me you'll prob need to wait and see if Lyons holds before making a call, otherwise you may need to pull the trigger there. No surprise if he's part of the 5 man bench tonight and you'll need the baby safely tucked away when sub is named tomorrow night. But worth playing around with some options in case you need to pivot that way. Powell is a must have imo either way.
Yep will look out for that Lyons dilemma. Hopefully we don’t have to cross that bridge and he can have another decent outing prior to a nice price rise for us.

Tough one mate, Kerch and Powell look like must have cows at this stage.

However, If those trades make you happier with your team structure then go for it.
Cheers mate....So you're saying I'm plucked then eh??? 😁

I really need to correct the Duke/Young issue too. Falling too far behind.

Kerch I had in until the last minute too. My rooks are pretty good otherwise (I think)

You recon I'm going the wrong thing?

Agreed, Daicos in particular will be fine but he has the maginness tag, the bye and then possibly a willem drew tag. I’m happy to avoid those 3 weeks and get him back cheap later

So many ppl are overthinking the Naicos cash drop

He’ll be top 6 defender. Just hold. Simple

You brought him in expecting him to lose cash at some point so it should surprise you too much when he does. Otherwise you should also burn bont and English this week

Sure some ppl will benefit from getting Naicos cheaper later in season but good on them

Ppl downgrading Naicos this week and then hoping for magic tags are either playing a low % game… or … your team is that screwed that you need to be making big shark moves in round 3 haha 😂

Diamond hands on Naicos for me

It's a small sample size, but with a 95 and 129 in the first two rounds he has obviously sparked interest. He was also a pig at junior level. Doesn't always translate of course, but he certainly has a history of knowing how to find the footy. Will he average 95-100? I'm not sure.

He had more CBA's in Round 2 than Round 1, even though Simpkin increased from 0 to 31%. Lazzaro the one to lose CBA's.

1711511651391.png

I'm not 100% sold, but as the saying goes around these parts, I'm trusting the gut feel. Think he is worth the risk at $312,200, and if he turns into a decent F6 it's a win.

Which makes my second trade easier. Has to be Sharp as I can't afford Powell if I trade in Dempsey, without trading out Newcombe. I'm sticking by Young & Newc. Hopefully they come good.

Changed my mind. Not getting Serong, instead opting for Butters.
Consider this your warning!

It's a coin toss, but I have no Port players and they also have the favourable bye.
I already have Jackson, Fyfe, and Sharp from Freo, I will feel anchored down by having four Dockers.
Only issues are that Butters has the injury history, and is slightly more expensive which may hamper my bid to get Green next week.
But Zak is just so good to watch. Will enjoy cheering for him!

Will need both in my team eventually anyway. Grats to those who started both, you're off to flyer!

For what it's worth:
H McKay
Jordan Clark
D'Ambrosio
M Crouch
NWM
Windhager
T Powell

and a few others besides all have their own appeal, can mount arguments for a fair few plays his week.

Yep. I suspect I'm going to be the only one in these parts who will end up going without McKercher.
A shiny new, VC capable McKay who's every chance to be a top 10 Forward overall is just too tempting for me.
Cash to upgrade later on, or a keeper now? 🤔

It's a small sample size, but with a 95 and 129 in the first two rounds he has obviously sparked interest. He was also a pig at junior level. Doesn't always translate of course, but he certainly has a history of knowing how to find the footy. Will he average 95-100? I'm not sure.

He had more CBA's in Round 2 than Round 1, even though Simpkin increased from 0 to 31%. Lazzaro the one to lose CBA's.

View attachment 1941023

I'm not 100% sold, but as the saying goes around these parts, I'm trusting the gut feel. Think he is worth the risk at $312,200, and if he turns into a decent F6 it's a win.

Which makes my second trade easier. Has to be Sharp as I can't afford Powell if I trade in Dempsey, without trading out Newcombe. I'm sticking by Young & Newc. Hopefully they come good.

I'm thinking of going Powell insteed of mass .
Because I don't really need a defender ....Young prob goes to D5 after his price drop.

Nuke been really poo poor even low TOG.
I don't think I can keep him .
I had him going 110 at the start of the year......

View attachment 1941023

2 x 80s and he goes up 100K, at worst he's a path to a fallen premo. At best he's a keeper.

He ticks a lot of boxes. Junior scorer, highly rated but injury plagued last few yrs. Has his body right now full PS. Played inside mid right through PS and was on the radar heavily until the Simpkin concussion threw doubt over his role. North playing a very tight CBA rotation so he'll get mega CBAs.

It's a coin toss, but I have no Port players and they also have the favourable bye.
I already have Jackson, Fyfe, and Sharp from Freo, I will feel anchored down by having four Dockers.
Only issues are that Butters has the injury history, and is slightly more expensive which may hamper my bid to get Green next week.

Will need both in my team eventually anyway. Grats to those who started both, you're off to flyer!

I'm getting Butters as well....I like watching him....But hate when his against me.

Green and serong going great too.

Good to see young next gen Kent's doing well ....Young dumb and full of ..... :rainbow: .

This will throw a spanner in the works. They have the SAME bye

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This will throw a spanner in the works. They have the SAME bye

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah my post said Port also have the favourable bye, reducing any advantage Serong would have over Butters draw wise.

If you have a bad start, and by bad I mean you've missed a heap of must-haves, your structure is wrong, and your rank is terrible, you simply have to burn through trades early, more so than ever, because it's harder to make up ground in best of 18 scoring.

There is such thing as a terrible starting side. We've had 2.5 rounds, we've seen enough to see what's going on.

Do you sit and wait, be stubborn and convince yourself your s**t starting side will come good, hope for lots of injuries and others to burn through trades so you can try overtake late, or do you move now and make it fun and interesting? The latter all day every day.

Differences of opinions makes this game and this forum great. GL everybody. I hope we get a winner from the BF SC ranks again. All I know is, it won't be me.

View attachment 1940157
giphy.gif
I agree mostly with your opinion. You make some great points. However, sometimes there is a difference between the SC score of a player and the eye test/the role they have. I'm all for being aggressive and making moves early but trading out premiums because of 1 or 2 bad scores is fraught with risk.

If a gun has the right role, has played okay but their SC scoring has been poor what info do you give priority to given its only 2-3 rounds? That's my issue with trading guns willy nilly.

My two examples are young and n.martin. I bring those two up because I have genuinely thought hard about trading but I think I'll hold off. Now that may be stubborn but what I see is 2 bad scores in the position that we all thought they would excel in.

Now it's tough to make a decision but if you truly have a s**t team to start with, i would wager there are other ways of improving your team.

Now I'm not saying trading players like young and Martin is a bad idea, but what is the info you are basing your decision on? Is it two bad scores or is there more? Because every gun can have two bad games in a row in the season!

I like your sentiment about being aggressive but there are different ways to do so. I agree that if you have a poor starting team you need to trade hard but you also need to think hard about how you fix it.

My philosophy this season is to try and fix rookies and midpricers first and maybe it ends up being wrong if the borderline keepers I have don't perform, but I'll own that.

There are many different strategies and with extra trades this season, maybe trading players like young and daicos will work out but trades are still valuable and I think trading someone out who you intend to get back in later can often fail.

That's just my 2 cents. I reiterate that there are many different ways to play this game and to at least consider all options available to you, no matter how left field, is a productive exercise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back