Trades 2024 Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Might do Roberts and Sharp if i can. I havent given the byes much thought yet but Massimo can stay til round 15 then :)
The early byes are 6 weeks away now. If you bring in a r12 rookie now they probably won't have made enough cash to be trade worthy come r12.
R15 rookies would be fine though
Garcia will have 7 upgrades before bye
Biggie will have 4
For example

Is it too late to trade in the Peen. I’m sick of watching Sydney games in fear and arousal.
If he was a mid, I'd suggest that there are better value options out there.

But as a forward, he is a must have notwithstanding the price. Putting aside Flanders, there are no forwards in the same stratosphere as his scoring and it doesn't like DPP changes are going to make a difference.

So you are starting at a pretty significant disadvantage to others if you don't have him. I don't and I'm getting him this week (really hurts knowing he'll likely drop a stinker at any time but I can't keep waiting - post bye seems the right time).

I'd pay up for him and focus on value in def (e.g. Stewart) and mid (e.g. Walsh, Gulden, etc).

Sure if you have the means and have the bank, go for it.

Just don't think you need to find the money to then put you back in upgrade season of fallen premos.

yeah its interesting. I am using a boost to bring him in. I think for the fallen premos i still have Mass, Zilliams, Fyfe, Sanders and Roberts who are all 300k now and are easy 1 up, 1 down to these types and then we have all these cheap rookies who are just kicking off money making. Gotta move now Heeney if you can IMO

I've got him as my F6 (and I have Darcy as F5).

Preface the following by saying I feel a bit daft offering a player with your ranking any advice at all, but what the hell.

Since you've got Darcy as your F6, there's less immediate on-field benefit for you to bring him in, particularly when this weekend is best 18.

So my first thought was that I'd be more concerned with getting a couple of your midfield rookies off-field first.

But I've just run the numbers of a couple scenarios, and realised that - in the absence of any solid cheap rookies this round beyond Graham - the extra 50k or so you'd get from going Cadman to Comben this round does make a significant difference in terms of your premo buying power next round.

eg. In your position, with 30k ITB, if you did Kerch (+282k) + Cadman (+271) into Comben (-227k) + Graham (-117k) I think you'd have about 240k, yeah?

Then next round you could trade whoever is going the worst out of Sharp, Sanders or Zilliams (+330ish), and Sexton or Clark (+182ish) for Walsh or Stewart, plus the most promising of the bubble boys (too early to say who at this stage).

Walsh and Stewart will be very compelling prices and I reckon it'd be worth planning around getting one next week if you can.

But if you just do the single Kerch trade this week, you'd only start next round with about 195k itb, which limits your immediate premo acquisition options a lot.

That's a long way of saying that I think I've just successfully argued against my original suggestion for you.

Go the two trades mate. :)
Great reply mate. A large part of my rank is luck. I just trust my gut and go with it but I love hearing everyone else’s thoughts.

Tossing up the following:

Fisher/Kerch to Heeney/Graham is locked

BUUUT thanks to Kerch's injury, I need another c. $40-50k to make it happen.

Options for the third trade are:
  1. Clark to Biggie(/another similar priced rookie)
  2. Cadman to Comben
  3. Libba to Walsh
1- I'm leaning to this as it culls a dead/useless rookie but obviously there is a risk associated with Biggie.
2 - Comben looks promising from a scoring perspective but his price is dead set no man's land - one bad score and cash gen is dead. Plus Cadman is still alive and kicking.
3 - I've thrown in for completeness - likely I won't do this as I don't like sideways trading premos even if Libba is missing a week and NQR this year.

Any suggestions?

yeah its interesting. I am using a boost to bring him in. I think for the fallen premos i still have Mass, Zilliams, Fyfe, Sanders and Roberts who are all 300k now and are easy 1 up, 1 down to these types and then we have all these cheap rookies who are just kicking off money making. Gotta move now Heeney if you can IMO
have that same mindset but instead of heeney its steele

If he was a mid, I'd suggest that there are better value options out there.

But as a forward, he is a must have notwithstanding the price. Putting aside Flanders, there are no forwards in the same stratosphere as his scoring and it doesn't like DPP changes are going to make a difference.

So you are starting at a pretty significant disadvantage to others if you don't have him. I don't and I'm getting him this week (really hurts knowing he'll likely drop a stinker at any time but I can't keep waiting - post bye seems the right time).

I'd pay up for him and focus on value in def (e.g. Stewart) and mid (e.g. Walsh, Gulden, etc).

OK, you're not wrong... but the counter argument is... none of us are full premo yet. We wall want to get to full premo, and it's safe to assume that means one MUST own Heeney eventually as he'll be a top 6 forward. But every upgrade someone does right now should be adding points to their score, because we all have weak players still on field.

Also, when you buy a player you're buying what they WILL score, not what they HAVE scored. Heeney will not (I repeat WILL NOT) average 144 this year by the time we're done. Even if he stays at career-best form, he'll go... what... 120 per game from here? Best case? You'd be happy with 110 per game from here, given the highest he's ever averaged in a season is 101. He looks great, but he's deeply "unlikely" to put together the best Fantasy season in history. (Could happen, but it's unlikely).

Then - given we're all still upgrading and trying to get rookies off the field... the 120 (say) points he's scoring are the SAME as the 120 points someone else scores. So is there better value? Are there players who will score just as many points from here on out as Heeney, yet cost less? Eg.... Is Nick Daicos a better buy this week than Heeney? It's worth considering.

Yes, eventually you have to get him because he'll be a big upgrade on the forward he's replacing, but I reckon the key to the game is buying $600k+ players for ~$500k wherever you can, and wait until the hot players (and Heeney is WHITE HOT) cool off.

*Non-Heeney owner. Wish I had him. Just explaining the rationale for not ripping all other plans to shreds to get him right now.

OK, you're not wrong... but the counter argument is... none of us are full premo yet. We wall want to get to full premo, and it's safe to assume that means one MUST own Heeney eventually as he'll be a top 6 forward. But every upgrade someone does right now should be adding points to their score, because we all have weak players still on field.

Also, when you buy a player you're buying what they WILL score, not what they HAVE scored. Heeney will not (I repeat WILL NOT) average 144 this year by the time we're done. Even if he stays at career-best form, he'll go... what... 120 per game from here? Best case? You'd be happy with 110 per game from here, given the highest he's ever averaged in a season is 101. He looks great, but he's deeply "unlikely" to put together the best Fantasy season in history. (Could happen, but it's unlikely).

Then - given we're all still upgrading and trying to get rookies off the field... the 120 (say) points he's scoring are the SAME as the 120 points someone else scores. So is there better value? Are there players who will score just as many points from here on out as Heeney, yet cost less? Eg.... Is Nick Daicos a better buy this week than Heeney? It's worth considering.

Yes, eventually you have to get him because he'll be a big upgrade on the forward he's replacing, but I reckon the key to the game is buying $600k+ players for ~$500k wherever you can, and wait until the hot players (and Heeney is WHITE HOT) cool off.

*Non-Heeney owner. Wish I had him. Just explaining the rationale for not ripping all other plans to shreds to get him right now.

Well said, top of the buy range is low 600k I would say, and thats at a stretch.

Then you factor in your byes, make up of team, sure its great to get him in but what happens in a few weeks/bye time as well.

Guess you can always trade your way out of it.

Edit: I would also add that, while you grab Heeney now, the argument of he is 40 points better and you are losing out, isn't true. You would have slotted in another 120 premo covering your Heeney shortfall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone been watching Pariah?
Has never been the high ceiling type, but he's always had a good floor on him.
Understand he had the hamstring setback, but why is he scoring do badly this year?
Haven't followed him, wondered what the go is

Anyone been watching Pariah?
Has never been the high ceiling type, but he's always had a good floor on him.
Understand he had the hamstring setback, but why is he scoring do badly this year?
Haven't followed him, wondered what the go is

I don't know what's the G.O with him...you seem to like him.

Young bombers mids stealing some of his chips and Zerrett been a beast this season.
I don't think he's dangerous enough where I think he could be ...

Exactly. Only thing I'd add is that your short-term performance will be better if you can replace 3 on-field rookies with underpriced premos than if you can only replace 2 because you've blown the budget chasing points. Get Stewart, Trac (in a week or two) and Walsh, and you've saved more than 200k than if you've gone for Heeney and other 640k+ premos who are close to maxxing out their price.

Exactly. Only thing I'd add is that your short-term performance will be better if you can replace 3 on-field rookies with underpriced premos than if you can only replace 2 because you've blown the budget chasing points. Get Stewart, Trac (in a week or two) and Walsh, and you've saved more than 200k than if you've gone for Heeney and other 640k+ premos who are close to maxxing out their price.

It's hard to have everyone who's top 6 in their respective sections .

Back ...Ryan,sneeze etc.
Fwd Heens , Flanders seem top 2 ..

I’ve landed on Houston as my upgrade this week. Will hold off on a mid upgrade for another week or 2.

I had Houston in my team all pre season and literally changed him to Short 15 minutes before the Tigers first game so I could swap Howes > Gibcus:'(
I would have been in the Top 1000 with the points I lost and had 2 more trades if I didn't make that stupid move.:moustache:

Back ...Ryan,sneeze etc.

You'd have to be reasonably confident Stewart, Daicos will end up close enough to be worth owning. Likewise Sicily, who is the value guy I'd be looking at acquiring soon. You know his next 150 is just around the corner, then all the Captain Hindsight geniuses will pop up and go "I'm thinking about getting Sicily" :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back