Trades 2024 Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

You'd have to be reasonably confident Stewart, Daicos will end up close enough to be worth owning. Likewise Sicily, who is the value guy I'd be looking at acquiring soon. You know his next 150 is just around the corner, then all the Captain Hindsight geniuses will pop up and go "I'm thinking about getting Sicily" :p

I have Stewie,sneeze ,Nicky D.Young and Wang M..ok but not top line ...a Ryan or Houston would lovely.

I have Stewie,sneeze ,Nicky D.Young and Wang M..ok but not top line ...a Ryan or Houston would lovely.

intimidating resting place GIF by Kim's Convenience

Out: Clark Cadman & Howes
In: Clohesy Graham & Comben

Next week: Coffield & Sanders/Sharp/Dempsey out, Nyuon/Garcia & Walsh in. Adams also possible

Hoping Heeney/Sheez/Ryan have a shocker the next couple of weeks so I can get one them cheaper

IMG_1339.jpeg IMG_1340.jpeg

OK, you're not wrong... but the counter argument is... none of us are full premo yet. We wall want to get to full premo, and it's safe to assume that means one MUST own Heeney eventually as he'll be a top 6 forward. But every upgrade someone does right now should be adding points to their score, because we all have weak players still on field.

Also, when you buy a player you're buying what they WILL score, not what they HAVE scored. Heeney will not (I repeat WILL NOT) average 144 this year by the time we're done. Even if he stays at career-best form, he'll go... what... 120 per game from here? Best case? You'd be happy with 110 per game from here, given the highest he's ever averaged in a season is 101. He looks great, but he's deeply "unlikely" to put together the best Fantasy season in history. (Could happen, but it's unlikely).

Then - given we're all still upgrading and trying to get rookies off the field... the 120 (say) points he's scoring are the SAME as the 120 points someone else scores. So is there better value? Are there players who will score just as many points from here on out as Heeney, yet cost less? Eg.... Is Nick Daicos a better buy this week than Heeney? It's worth considering.

Yes, eventually you have to get him because he'll be a big upgrade on the forward he's replacing, but I reckon the key to the game is buying $600k+ players for ~$500k wherever you can, and wait until the hot players (and Heeney is WHITE HOT) cool off.

*Non-Heeney owner. Wish I had him. Just explaining the rationale for not ripping all other plans to shreds to get him right now.
Good post and sound argument.

I guess the counters to your counter would be: B/E of 55, still priced at sub 120 (I think, haven't done the maths) despite averaging 144 and a white hot captaincy option (which an undervalued premo may not be). So you are going to be waiting a while for him to come back down to a price lower than he currently is. I've played this game of waiting for a price drop with the likes of Sam Docherty when he was the best in the business one season and you end up so far back from the pack because, not only are you missing the scores, but you missing the double whammy of the captaincy score on the really big weeks.

Figured out how to get Marshall in for Jackson but unfortunately I have to loose Howes. :(

Howes > Biggie via Daicos via Wilson
Bonner > Yeo
Jackson > Marshall

No boosts left, IDGAF!

View attachment 1960922

Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

Question... why the need to go Jackson to Marshall this week? I was considering the same trade but leaning towards keeping Jackson as I don't trust Darcy to be back for good even if he is named this week as he just seems fragile. Is it worth the use of your last boost + going early on Howes for an arguably sideways move?

OK, you're not wrong... but the counter argument is... none of us are full premo yet. We wall want to get to full premo, and it's safe to assume that means one MUST own Heeney eventually as he'll be a top 6 forward. But every upgrade someone does right now should be adding points to their score, because we all have weak players still on field.

Also, when you buy a player you're buying what they WILL score, not what they HAVE scored. Heeney will not (I repeat WILL NOT) average 144 this year by the time we're done. Even if he stays at career-best form, he'll go... what... 120 per game from here? Best case? You'd be happy with 110 per game from here, given the highest he's ever averaged in a season is 101. He looks great, but he's deeply "unlikely" to put together the best Fantasy season in history. (Could happen, but it's unlikely).

Then - given we're all still upgrading and trying to get rookies off the field... the 120 (say) points he's scoring are the SAME as the 120 points someone else scores. So is there better value? Are there players who will score just as many points from here on out as Heeney, yet cost less? Eg.... Is Nick Daicos a better buy this week than Heeney? It's worth considering.

Yes, eventually you have to get him because he'll be a big upgrade on the forward he's replacing, but I reckon the key to the game is buying $600k+ players for ~$500k wherever you can, and wait until the hot players (and Heeney is WHITE HOT) cool off.

*Non-Heeney owner. Wish I had him. Just explaining the rationale for not ripping all other plans to shreds to get him right now.
In the same boat and not even considering Heeney.
Can't justify the outlay when there will be some genuinely good value in the coming weeks across all lines.
Selling the farm to get him in won't get us a retrospective share of what he has scored to date.
Bad miss, is what it is, no point compounding the blue by chasing last week's points.

Why are people trading in Walsh, a premo with chronic back problems that remain unresolved. Am I missing something?

He is one hard hit away from being out again.
A family member knows his dad personally, he is well and truly over it. Played through it last year, recent operation has him pain-free, hence why straight back into the coalface with no minute restriction/run in VFL/or wing role

View attachment 1961152
personally not very optimistic on this one. feel like marshall and english will go head to head for most of the night
I have a suspicion English is about to slide as a top ruck. Goldy just pushed him out of the way last week. Surely other coaches have noticed how bad english was if you block his run at the ball. Not sure how this effects Darcy tbh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a suspicion English is about to slide as a top ruck. Goldy just pushed him out of the way last week. Surely other coaches have noticed how bad english was if you block his run at the ball. Not sure how this effects Darcy tbh

one poor game. Thats not a knee jerk reaction at all :moustache:

one poor game. Thats not a knee jerk reaction at all :moustache:
English's opponents this year so far

Gawn 162
Don't count the 2nd and 3rd games as he was up against Moyle and Williams
Stanley 103
Goldy 98

The writing is on the wall for English this year. The new ruck rules have killed his ability to jump at the ball. Opposition ruckman can now use their strength to outbody him in the ruck contests.

If you let a 36yr old bitch slap you like the way Goldy did last Friday night then there is no hope for him. You could even argue that potato Stanley beat him the week before.

Gawn 162
Stanley 103
Goldy 98

The writing is on the wall for English this year. The new ruck rules have killed his ability to jump at the ball. Opposition ruckman can now use their strength to outbody him in the ruck contests.

If you let a 36yr old bitch slap you like the way Goldy did last Friday night then there is no hope for him. You could even argue that potato Stanley beat him the week before.

If English is under 600k. It be hard to say no to go from Meek to English.

If you let a 36yr old bitch slap you like the way Goldy did last Friday night then there is no hope for him. You could even argue that potato Stanley beat him the week before
This is so true ......English made zero attempt to overcome the straight arm into his chest ....it was a ruck master class by Goldy, a bloke that can hardly move

Now that said .....English mad zero attempt to gas out Goldy .....he had Darcy as backup, but he ambled around the ground, nearly always in no-man's land caught midway between contests

Is this because English knows Bevo is not utilising a gameplan, to go thru English ?
He got a lot of points last year, by being the outlet target from kick-ins ......Bullies players are looking to bypass English this year

Gawn 162
Stanley 103
Goldy 98

hasnt he scored 110+ every game other than last week? marshall also scored poorly against Ess?

Gawn 162
Stanley 103
Goldy 98

Friday's effort was atrocious, but imo the main thing that is killing his scoring is just ruck % and his role, rather than the rules, although I agree with your eye test assessment that they're not helping.

His hitout win % is just 1% lower this year (even with his bad form and the rules) but his hitout to advantage ratio is actually up 7% - stat wise translates to more score from rucking per contest than last.

Ruck contests though is down at 65% compared to 78% last year, a fairly sizable drop. On top of that, being around the ball less is impacting his disposals which are down (3 per game), and his disposal efficiency has plummeted (no cheap kicks after receiving from kick ins for example, 2.0 rebound 50's last year .4 this).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back