Trades 2024 Round 8 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Those with Meek R2 and Sweet R3, what score do you trade Meek out for?

Meek might have another $50k to make and is scoring well solidly, so it's not ideal.

Yes I know lots went early and did it last week. Good job, but I don't care haha, your time to boast is over.
I don't have Meek but get a free look at Sweet this Thursday night (having traded him in last week) on the pine with Livingstone at R2.

Do you have a contingency if Sexton is named .....was an emergency last week, and can see Atkins getting the ol heave ho
Reckon you're right......Atkins will go, but can't see Sexton taking his place.....Budarick is avail again as well as Uwland, and talk Long might get Charlie, and a lot on our board think Jeffery is a chance.....I've been wrong before, but can't remember the year that I last made a mistake....;););)

If he can go 80-85 until his bye he'll be $400k+ and be an easy upgrade to English.
So are you advocating Sweet as an R2 .....it's the Preuss scenario all over again

$158K R2 .....great if he averages 80-85, and allows you to upgrade elsewhere .....but what if he gets injured, replacing him mucks up your side

If he can go 80-85 until his bye he'll be $400k+ and be an easy upgrade to English.
Yep. Sweet to English in rd13 will be very popular. Hopefully English isn't back to $700k by then

Also the oppo isn't top tier:

ROB
Stanley/Blicavs/Conway
Meek
Xerri
Pitto/TDK
Bye

Absolutely.

Between Meek and Sweet, or Meet as I like to call them, at R2/R3, I’m hoping to turn them into English and change to throw at whichever forward premo tickles my fancy in 3-4 weeks.

So are you advocating Sweet as an R2 .....it's the Preuss scenario all over again

$158K R2 .....great if he averages 80-85, and allows you to upgrade elsewhere .....but what if he gets injured, replacing him mucks up your side
But getting him in to R2 helps your side (eg. Marshall or Meek out if Sweet scores well).

Risk vs reward. Definitely worth the risk.

Obviously if he scores 50 tonight then those who have him at R2 already will be stressing.

Absolutely.

Between Meek and Sweet, or Meet as I like to call them, at R2/R3, I’m hoping to turn them into English and change to throw at whichever forward premo tickles my fancy in 3-4 weeks.
If Sweet goes big tonight would you not consider just binning Meek now? Gets you a better upgrade this week, and/or would leave more cash in the bank for an upgrade next week.

If Sweet goes big tonight would you not consider just binning Meek now? Gets you a better upgrade this week, and/or would leave more cash in the bank for an upgrade next week.
I had Meek @ R3 with Grundy being the sacrificial lamb for Sweet this week.

Punting Grundy over Meek nets me an extra $100k to throw at a triple upgrade next week. I’ll have roughly $1.6-$1.7m to spend on three fallen premos.

If I get rid of Meek, then I’m looking at closer to $1.5-$1.6m to spend, which will diminish the quality of the player I’m looking at bringing in.

Let’s just say Grundy this week nets me:
Tracc, Stew and Rozee next week in one fell swoop, finishing both of those lines.

V

Meek netting me:
Stew, Parish, and maybe a Luke Jackson type.

Which one would you be gearing up for?

But getting him in to R2 helps your side (eg. Marshall or Meek out if Sweet scores well).

Risk vs reward. Definitely worth the risk.

Obviously if he scores 50 tonight then those who have him at R2 already will be stressing.
ROB is one of the tougher Ruck matchups ......I think I speak on behalf of all us Gawn / English owners, good luck ....of course we're not salty :)

Good Luck game-of-thrones.gif

Correct .....but people also need to remember, Sweet is not the new Gawn .....and Soldo was easily preferred by Port as lead ruck

Huge risk at R2
No chance I’d risk Sweet at R2.

I’m more than happy for him to fatten up at R3 though. Low risk, potentially high reward.

I am still 50/50 on keeping Meek V Grundy at R2 though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No chance I’d risk Sweet at R2.

I’m more than happy for him to fatten up at R3 though. Low risk, potentially high reward.

I am still 50/50 on keeping Meek V Grundy at R2 though.
Your bye structure may assist with that decision

free look at sweet x2 for me. English comes in this week or next depending what Sweet scores in these early round matchups

I have Meek currently and moved him straight to Sweet as R2. Allows me to get Serong and other upgrades quicker. If he gets hurt i do have Jackson in the forward line which helps me take the risk. Not sure if i would do it if I didn't?

I had Meek @ R3 with Grundy being the sacrificial lamb for Sweet this week.

Punting Grundy over Meek nets me an extra $100k to throw at a triple upgrade next week. I’ll have roughly $1.6-$1.7m to spend on three fallen premos.

If I get rid of Meek, then I’m looking at closer to $1.5-$1.6m to spend, which will diminish the quality of the player I’m looking at bringing in.

Let’s just say Grundy this week nets me:
Tracc, Stew and Rozee next week in one fell swoop, finishing both of those lines.

V

Meek netting me:
Stew, Parish, and maybe a Luke Jackson type.

Which one would you be gearing up for?
If I had to choose I'd go with the Grundy out option.

If I had to choose I'd go with the Grundy out option.
These are the trades I made as soon as it opened up and I haven’t reversed them 58,768 times, so I guess I’m relatively settled.

IMG_3442.jpeg

Round 14 is looking grim though.

Hopefully Graham and Clotheshorse are out by then.

These are the trades I made as soon as it opened up and I haven’t reversed them 58,768 times, so I guess I’m relatively settled.

View attachment 1976443

Round 14 is looking grim though.

Hopefully Graham and Clotheshorse are out by then.
That's a waste of a boost imo. RGarcia isn't a good enough rookie to do a triple downgrade.

Get that money on field.

I'm not advocating for anything. I currently have Marshall at R2 who is banged up and going to lose a lot of cash.

I haven't done any sideways trades so far this year, so am considering trading him and using Sweet at R2 for a month.

It's risky but Sweet should score better than most of my other rookies.

That's a waste of a boost imo. RGarcia isn't a good enough rookie to do a triple downgrade.

Get that money on field.
I can probably do something like this as an alternative, but it would mean buying a premo this week who is about to drop cash.

IMG_3455.jpeg

Next week I can go:

Roberts, Powell and Zilliams

To

Rozee, Tracc, Dr Jones with change.

I can probably do something like this as an alternative, but it would mean buying a premo this week who is about to drop cash.

View attachment 1976470

Next week I can go:

Roberts, Powell and Zilliams

To

Rozee, Tracc, Dr Jones with change.
I like that better, even if Stewart is dropping.

That should get you an extra 50+ points on field this week.

Don't @ me if RGarcia tons the next 3 weeks though, it's still your decision :moustache:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back