Trades 2024 Round 8 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Very, very tempted to do the trade Sweet in, stick the E on him, and then trade Grundy out if he goes 90+ thing.

I can just afford to get NickyD back in if I do this. $1300 to spare.

Would take my last boost and end up with me going Dempsey, Sharp, Grundy > Sweet, Green, Daicos.

I'd be down to Roberts and two of Reid, Sanders, Wilson on the field, rookie-wise.

Super tempting.

Go Sweet you lanky kent!

Before trades this week, how many trades does everyone have left??
26 left before trades this week and two boosts. Considering a boost.

Season getting away from me with s**t results so considering trading either Xerri or Jackson for Sweet, bringing in Heeney (watch him break) and another and probably dog Garcia.

23. I am speedrunning to 0.

You can't beat me.

fc3805df07d2396d0a3ae91cae334254.gif

those with grundy what are we doing

Holding. he's averaging 108 so its no disaster. Will consider turning him into English once all my rooks are off the field but its only a 7ppg upgrade. I considered down grading to Sweet, but decided not to because you can't spend the money that the upgrade would free up (If something happens to Sweet before he moo's you need to bring in a premo R2 so you need to leave that cash liquid while Sweet's on the field(unless you've got Jackson as Ruck cover)).

Last edited:
Before trades this week, how many trades does everyone have left??
24, but will be 21 after this week. Only have 5 rooks to deal with though so not worried. Should finish up with about 4-6 trades in the bank with a completed team (assuming I cop 3-5 LTI's over the rest of the season. If im lucky ill finish with ten trades in the bank. I have Fyfe and Yeo though so that aint gonna happen!).
1714467426829.png

Last edited:
are tom brown and zwill a trade out this week? kept howes and wilson and its paid off with a spike score worried they will too

Change of heart. Im keeping Rozee and instead bringing in Dale & Merrett instead of Heeney & Serong.

I can do Marshall, Massimo & Sharp > Merrett, Dale & Sweet

Heeney would be nice but i will back Merrett in to go bigger given it could be wet for the Swans-Giants clash. As others have noted, Merrett has a good month or so coming up.

Dale comes in because he is undervalued but also has a decent run - Hawks & Tigers followed by GWS but then 5 in a row at Marvel. They do face some stiff opposition but i think Dale can settle in and put up some big numbers under the roof.

If Dale escapes the Magginess tag i think he could go huge again and that would make his 3 round average MASSIVE and basically take him from cheap as chips to the 'high end' of fair value. He is averaging 106 if you take out the injury affected 16.

I wish i could keep Massimo but i really want Merrett and ideally id trade Dempsey but i dont have the cash.

Soon to be worked on - my forwardline :p

Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 2.36.22 pm.png

Okay so this is the first round of the season that I genuinely don't know what the **** I want to do for my 2nd trade.

Trade #1 is locked in, Powell > Sweet, $325k in the bank and the team following that:

Screenshot_20240430_113412_SuperCoach.jpg

Trade #2 all depends on team changes/subs and it will also determine what my RD9 and RD10 trades look like, here are my options (prices based off scoring their average):

Option 1 (the sensible approach):
Brown > Dawson. Graham/Clohesy swings back to D6.
RD9: $27k to spend.
OUT: Massimo (365k) + Roberts (430k).
IN: Zerrett (~640k) + Rookie (123k).
RD10: ~60k to spend.
OUT: Cadman (295k) + Wilson (325k)
IN: Stewart (~520k) + Rookie (117k)

17 trades and ~$40k in the bank at RD11.

Option 2 (Massimo not named):
Massimo > Zerrett. One of Roberts/Graham/Clohesy off-field.
RD9: $32.5k to spend.
OUT: Roberts (430k)
IN: Rookie (123k)
RD10: $340k to spend
OUT: Brown (270k)
IN: Stewart (~520k)

19 trades and ~$90k in the bank at RD11.
Can downgrade Cadman/Wilson at either round if a good rookie pops up.

Option 3 (Operation Burnman):
Cadman/Sanders if sub > FYFE IS LIFE.
RD9: $185k to spend.
OUT: Massimo (365k) + Roberts (430k)
IN: Petracca (~570k) + Rookie (123k)
RD10: $285k to spend.

18 trades and ~$35k in the bank at RD11.

Obviously this could all turn to s**t if Steele somehow doesn't ton against North, in which case I will rage trade his arse to someone that isn't cooked.

Last edited:
Change of heart. Im keeping Rozee and instead bringing in Dale & Merrett instead of Heeney & Serong.

I can do Marshall, Massimo & Sharp > Merrett, Dale & Sweet

Heeney would be nice but i will back Merrett in to go bigger given it could be wet for the Swans-Giants clash. As others have noted, Merrett has a good month or so coming up.

Dale comes in because he is undervalued but also has a decent run - Hawks & Tigers followed by GWS but then 5 in a row at Marvel. They do face some stiff opposition but i think Dale can settle in and put up some big numbers under the roof.

If Dale escapes the Magginess tag i think he could go huge again and that would make his 3 round average MASSIVE and basically take him from cheap as chips to the 'high end' of fair value. He is averaging 106 if you take out the injury affected 16.

I wish i could keep Massimo but i really want Merrett and ideally id trade Dempsey but i dont have the cash.

Soon to be worked on - my forwardline :p

View attachment 1975204
Don't forget Libba should be back........Richards then goes back......will that affect Dale's scoring?.....his 2 big scores came with Richards in the MID for Libba........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay so this is the first round of the season that I genuinely don't know what the **** I want to do for my 2nd trade.

Trade #1 is locked in, Powell > Sweet, $325k in the bank and the team following that:

Obviously this could all turn to s**t if Steele somehow doesn't ton against North, in which case I will rage trade his arse to someone that isn't cooked.

Your team is awesome, your bench is hideous! You need cash gen beyond H Garcia and Sweet, both your def bench are dead, Brown is maxed out, Cadman is maxed out, Jhye Clarke is in a coma...

I think you need to go Brown to a rookie whom makes you cash and swing one of the suns boys back. However if Mass isn't named, I'd probably go to Merrett this week. I just wish you could swing Graham back as opposed to fielding Brown and having Chlosey or Graham on the pine.

Very, very tempted to do the trade Sweet in, stick the E on him, and then trade Grundy out if he goes 90+ thing.

I can just afford to get NickyD back in if I do this. $1300 to spare.

Would take my last boost and end up with me going Dempsey, Sharp, Grundy > Sweet, Green, Daicos.

I'd be down to Roberts and two of Reid, Sanders, Wilson on the field, rookie-wise.

Super tempting.

Go Sweet you lanky kent!
do it jewish GIF

Your team is awesome, your bench is hideous! You need cash gen beyond H Garcia and Sweet, both your def bench are dead, Brown is maxed out, Cadman is maxed out, Jhye Clarke is in a coma...

I think you need to go Brown to a rookie whom makes you cash and swing one of the suns boys back. However if Mass isn't named, I'd probably go to Merrett this week. I just wish you could swing Graham back as opposed to fielding Brown and having Chlosey or Graham on the pine.
Yeah my bench is rough. No point wasting a trade on Coffield/Reid/Clark yet so just using them as loops for now. I'm not keen on Rogers/R.Garcia, I can see them ending up like clark so passing on them.

All depends on teams but if Mass/Sanders are named, then I'm leaning toward Brown > Dawson, allows all of Roberts/Graham/Clohesy on field, and can still bring in Stewart + Zerrett/Walsh over the next 2 weeks.

Will be an odd feeling hoping sweet does ok but not too well with so many ppl having him r2

I'm 50/50 if I trade out Marshall and I can do this holding him and having Sweet at R3.
Also I need some sort of Forward premo I only have Heeney & Flanders so at least Fyfe will help for a while and probably end up F5-F6

1714462666743.png

those with grundy what are we doing
Hold. He's not causing major problems.
English and Marshall recently pumped out 50's...i dont see an 83 by Grundy as a major problem.
108 avge and playing back at SCG this week with a BE of only 76.

Grundy at SCG this year
139, 99, 158

Its only whether i might buy English for only 38K extra...but that can easy wait for another week.

View attachment 1975088

Trade #2 all depends on team changes/subs and it will also determine what my RD9 and RD10 trades look like, here are my options (prices based off scoring their average):

Option 1 (the sensible approach):
Brown > Dawson. Graham/Clohesy swings back to D6.
RD9: $27k to spend.
OUT: Massimo (365k) + Roberts (430k).
IN: Zerrett (~640k) + Rookie (123k).
RD10: ~60k to spend.
OUT: Cadman (295k) + Wilson (325k)
IN: Stewart (~520k) + Rookie (117k)

17 trades and ~$40k in the bank at RD11.

Option 2 (Massimo not named):
Massimo > Zerrett. One of Roberts/Graham/Clohesy off-field.
RD9: $32.5k to spend.
OUT: Roberts (430k)
IN: Rookie (123k)
RD10: $340k to spend

19 trades and ~$90k in the bank at RD11.
Can downgrade Cadman/Wilson at either round if a good rookie pops up.

Option 3 (Operation Burnman):
Cadman/Sanders if sub > FYFE IS LIFE.
RD9: $185k to spend.
OUT: Massimo (365k) + Roberts (430k)
IN: Petracca (~570k) + Rookie (123k)
RD10: $285k to spend.

18 trades and ~$35k in the bank at RD11.

Our teams are very heckin similar mate.

This can only be bad for you :drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back