Trades 2024 Round 9 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I think Ive decided to hold Yeo given his only 1-2 weeks away and I still think his going to be SP Yeo upon his return

So looking at going

• Roberts to Kerch as cover for Yeo and then moved to mids when able
  • Biggie down to Jones for some more forward cover

Save the boost but miss on Clarry which is annoying but still think his a bigger risk then people realise

So I think Ive decided to hold Yeo given his only 1-2 weeks away and I still think his going to be SP Yeo upon his return

So looking at going

• Roberts to Kerch as cover for Yeo and then moved to mids when able
  • Biggie down to Jones for some more forward cover

Save the boost but miss on Clarry which is annoying but still think his a bigger risk then people realise

You don't have to look at it as missing Olipig, just watching for another week.

He'll still be a tasty price next week

Using last boost.

Comben > Jones

Sanders (inb4 he's named this week lol) > Peatling

Roberts > NickyD.

Holding Yeo and JDG and putting up with JHF on the promise that he'll be a forward in a couple weeks

Yes, yes you are. Why on earth are people trading McKercher back in at 309k lol. That seems like one of the dumbest trades i've seen on this board in a while.
-60 be
He could be 400k as early as next week.
Role change
I'm not 100% sold on it but it's decent for cash gen
Better downgrade option than Jones I think who I would not want to field.

Yes, yes you are. Why on earth are people trading McKercher back in at 309k lol. That seems like one of the dumbest trades i've seen on this board in a while.
-60BE looking at other options for cash generation! Could be $400k plus in a few weeks.
Plus he looks like he is taking Sheezel's role! The big danger is Clarko chucking the magnets around again and he goes back to the midfield.
Also third most traded in player for the top 1% of teams, so others are thinking the same.

Kerch seems to be very popular I can sort of see the appeal but I think it is only worth it if you are fielding him as trading into a 300k player always feels bad. I am happy to field Graham/Clohesy/Wilson/Comben in my remaining 1/2 (pending trade decisions) Mid/Def spots so not worth it for me as he isn't FWD eligible.

I don't know what to do with my second trade.

First trade is Comben/Khamis to Jones (will decide which one to trade out once teams are announced)

Second trade I should probably trade Libba but thinking of trading Roberts before he loses money. I have enough bench cover to cover Libba Yeo and Green this week if I need to.also not sure if I should go for another premo this week or double downgrade.

This is my team after trade 1.

I'm thinking I should probably do either Libba or Roberts to a FWD premo and leaning towards Moore coz he has a good bye

IMG_1408.jpeg IMG_1409.jpeg

Far from the dumbest trade.

Taking on the Sheezegull role.

You must have not watched the game against the Saints. He was everywhere in the backlines getting the cheap possessions.

He can easily get to 450k if he maintains the same role and Sheezel is a full time mid.

Leaning towards:
  • Cadman -> Jones
  • Rozee -> Oliver (happy to take the punt on Piggy, Rozee doesn't do much for me)
  • Roberts -> Butters (not too stressed about the BE, though Dunkley also a consideration – would go Zerrett, but that bye is shocking). Not paying $645k for Luke Ryan.
Would leave me with this – comfortable rolling with that midfield for the rest of the year. Fun mix: four of the long time SPs (Bont, Steele, Touk, Piggy), four of the young bucks (Serong, Butters, Walsh, Green).

If Sweet misses this week, no big deal, will just swing Jackson into the rucks. Wilson can also cover Green if he misses.

1715134914364.png

Next week, will finally get to work on that backline (Sinclair, Young, Holmes and maybe Whitfault the week after are all considerations). Will also make a call on Fyfe next week depending on how he looks v Sydney.

See if I can get through a week without multiple premos dropping sub-60 scores for a change, lol.

You must have not watched the game against the Saints. He was everywhere in the backlines getting the cheap possessions.

He can easily get to 450k if he maintains the same role and Sheezel is a full time mid.
Just wasting an extra trade to make 100 - 150k. Almost no chance he is a top 6 defender and definitely not a top 8 midfielder by seasons end, so you will be trading him out again. Most of the people trading him in had him already earlier in the season and have traded him out once. So basically you will be trading out a guy twice in the one season. If you plan on keeping him for backup D7 / M9, well that completely defeats the purpose of the trade for cash gen.

He has one score of 135, which is sucking everyone in. Saints play a flooding defensive gameplan, which just allowed North to chip it around and overinflate his score. That is not going to happen every week. Stand by my comments, its a dumb trade.

Cash gen surely isn't an issue this year, we have been blessed with rookies. Far more than any other year. Also with the boosts and 40 trades. There is going to be so many full 22 premo teams in 5-6 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

-60BE looking at other options for cash generation! Could be $400k plus in a few weeks.
Plus he looks like he is taking Sheezel's role! The big danger is Clarko chucking the magnets around again and he goes back to the midfield.
Also third most traded in player for the top 1% of teams, so others are thinking the same.
All the above

Plus i think Clarko knows the season is done so his playing Kerch in a position to get the most development i.e Sheezel last year

If he puts him back to the wing for 9 touches a game his doing him and development a huge disservice

Just wasting an extra trade to make 100 - 150k. Almost no chance he is a top 6 defender and definitely not a top 8 midfielder by seasons end, so you will be trading him out again. Most of the people trading him in had him already earlier in the season and have traded him out once. So basically you will be trading out a guy twice in the one season. If you plan on keeping him for backup D7 / M9, well that completely defeats the purpose of the trade for cash gen.

He has one score of 135, which is sucking everyone in. Saints play a flooding defensive gameplan, which just allowed North to chip it around and overinflate his score. That is not going to happen every week. Stand by my comments, its a dumb trade.

Cash gen surely isn't an issue this year, we have been blessed with rookies. Far more than any other year. Also with the boosts and 40 trades. There is going to be so many full 22 premo teams in 5-6 weeks.
Your missing the 102 he scored the week before against Adelaide which would have been a higher score as Sheezel only moved into the middle at the start of the last qtr of the game.

Easy option for me to trade Roberts down to McKercher this week.

I have Naicos, Young, Sheezel, Dale and Stewart in my back line. I am not interested in paying out above $600k for any of Ryan, Houston, Martin and Yeo.

If the role remains the same, I would even consider Mckercher at D6 at season's end as I can envisage him scoring an average of 90 per game.

A lot of swings and roundabouts but I am prepared to take the punt.

That's a pretty big IF.

St Kilda give up scores to half backs too.

It's very much team dependent, I'm holding Yeo so it makes sense to bring him in as cover, means I miss out on Jones but the cash gen from McKerch should be enough for my purposes. Once Yeo is back he goes to the bench and will be sold to fund 2 luxury upgrades going in to round 13 which will only cost 3 trades rather than the 4 I had budgeted so the net cost of bringing him in is 0 trades.

I prefer this logic over the counterpoints. I’d also add:
  • North still aren’t winning games so surely the magnets will move at some stage
  • he’s a first year player, bound to tire or be banged up at some point.

Anyway, to each their own. I look forward to admitting my self-immolation in the near future…

A trade is never a waste if you make 100-150k on the guy you bring in.
Especially if you can field them.
Are you new to sc?

Leaning towards:
  • Cadman -> Jones
  • Rozee -> Oliver (happy to take the punt on Piggy, Rozee doesn't do much for me)
  • Roberts -> Butters (not too stressed about the BE, though Dunkley also a consideration – would go Zerrett, but that bye is shocking). Not paying $645k for Luke Ryan.
Would leave me with this – comfortable rolling with that midfield for the rest of the year. Fun mix: four of the long time SPs (Bont, Steele, Touk, Piggy), four of the young bucks (Serong, Butters, Walsh, Green).

If Sweet misses this week, no big deal, will just swing Jackson into the rucks. Wilson can also cover Green if he misses.

View attachment 1982747

Next week, will finally get to work on that backline (Sinclair, Young, Holmes and maybe Whitfault the week after are all considerations). Will also make a call on Fyfe next week depending on how he looks v Sydney.

See if I can get through a week without multiple premos dropping sub-60 scores for a change, lol.
I like your midfield. Here's mine :moustache:

1715139713016.png

That's a pretty big IF.

St Kilda give up scores to half backs too.
We will know if he's a good pick after this weekend. Another 100 and he's pretty much going to be a straight swap to a premo.
A 60 and he may only just make 100k.
Fingers crossed

Yours does look nice with Zerrett instead of Butters, but I imagine that R14 bye is gonna sting haha.
Yep its very scary. Wanted to target Butters as my last mid for that reason but couldn't pass up on Oliver. Might end up offloading Steele at some point though, judging by his knee strapping. Possibly after Butters bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back