List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep.

I’m also getting to spend a night with Jennifer Aniston
mr ed GIF

I'd have super mixed feelings about it, but Tarryn Thomas would make our side a hell of a lot better.

Can rotate through the centre, has pace and skill, can kick goals. If it weren't for his obvious issues he'd be a dream addition.

FB: Stocker Howard Wilkie
HB: Sinclair Battle NAS
C: Wood Windhager Henry
HF: Owens Sharman Philipou
FF: Higgins King Membrey
R: Marshall Steele Thomas
I/C: Wood Hill Byrnes Dow Wilson

That's a decent looking line up with guys like Arie, Caminiti, Garcia, Collard, Keeler and our 2024 draftees all developing.

Add McLuggage AND Thomas and we've got a premiership calibre midfield which would still probably be our weakest area.

Thomas SIMMS 199cms - Northern Knights 5 goals 7 marks and 9 hitouts.
Jack Whitlock 200cms- Murray Bushrangers 4.4 goals 7 marks and 4 hitouts.
Jacks twin brother Matt is a key defender 197cm's 9 marks 16 disposals.
Jack Pike 203 cms - Geelong Falcons 1 goal 27 hitouts
Tarion Ah-Mu 198cms - Dandenong Stingrays 2 goals 14 hitouts.
Iliro Smit 200cms - Eastern Rangers 1 goal 13 hitouts.
Max Mapley - Tasmania - 199cm KPF/Ruck - 19 yo that could be a MSD prospect 2 goals 6 hitouts 14 disposal

Early days but that is a taste of who went well in Round 1 - if anyone is interested in watching any of the games they are on the Coates League App.
Gun mids everywhere as well...see Eastern vs Oakleigh:

Jagga Smith, Finn O'Sullivan, Tom Gross, Josh Smillie and Christian Moraes - all super prospects

I'd have super mixed feelings about it, but Tarryn Thomas would make our side a hell of a lot better.

Can rotate through the centre, has pace and skill, can kick goals. If it weren't for his obvious issues he'd be a dream addition.

FB: Stocker Howard Wilkie
HB: Sinclair Battle NAS
C: Wood Windhager Henry
HF: Owens Sharman Philipou
FF: Higgins King Membrey
R: Marshall Steele Thomas
I/C: Wood Hill Byrnes Dow Wilson

That's a decent looking line up with guys like Arie, Caminiti, Garcia, Collard, Keeler and our 2024 draftees all developing.

Add McLuggage AND Thomas and we've got a premiership calibre midfield which would still probably be our weakest area.
TT 100% gets another gig next season provided he doesn’t do anything silly in the meantime. I bet his manager has been hit up already by clubs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was told we were asking questions of Florent way back in 2017 when it looked like he may have been a flight risk (edit: his Dad, Andrew, passed away in his draft year, sensitive topic), Sandy boy and Dalrymple factor - quality player at a handy age for our list.

Holmes, ticks the 'target Sandy boys' box. We've been keen for a while, but I'm anticipating land on the outskirts of Geelong and a Cotton On ambassador role for Max.

LDU & McCluggage, can we dare to dream just for a moment that we can attract a pure mid on big money? McCluggage as a free agent would be an amazing get, as close to a no brainer as you could get.

Im keen to see how Thomas is progressing at 'life'. I really feel like he'd be a Ross the Boss special. We have the right systems in place for him too, assuming he's sorted himself out. From chopsticks to prison time, the AFL world is known to forgive if they sort themselves out, it's a big IF though.

Either way, the first 4 players we've been linked to are all guns, and being linked to guns is a much better feeling than being linked to potato's.

Last edited:
Call me Gringo but I had dinner with LDU’s cousin last night, I could’ve put in a good word!*

*desperate plea

Give him a jar of your special unvaccinated semen and a back massage next time. He'd be ideal.

Can't see how we'd have the capacity to play money games against Norff so we'd have to trade and it would be enormous.

If they finish bottom 4 again and we stay in finals contention he might want to go to a team that's closer.

I dont have much of opinion of him as a player but Florrent makes a lot of sense just looking at external factors

• Free Agent so wouldnt impact our publicly stated intent of drafting again this year
  • Local lad which we were reportedly targeting last year
  • Just brought in someone from Sydney's list management team

Probably the least exciting of any of them though. We have lots of Florrent level players but need more elite talent.

Probably the least exciting of any of them though. We have lots of Florrent level players but need more elite talent.
Florent is a very good player but we have no problem filling the positions in the backline - and has most probably suffered from the Swans depth in the midfield so was given the halfback role.

If he is willing to come home and the price is right you take him because he is a quality player at 26 he should be right at his best - suppose he could also be used in rotations through the midfield , because he is another elite runner but knowing Webster is aging he would be a very good pick up.

Florent is a very good player but we have no problem filling the positions in the backline - and has most probably suffered from the Swans depth in the midfield so was given the halfback role.

If he is willing to come home and the price is right you take him because he is a quality player at 26 he should be right at his best - suppose he could also be used in rotations through the midfield , because he is another elite runner but knowing Webster is aging he would be a very good pick up.

To me he's a slightly more upmarket Stocker but not enough to make a massive difference to the side.

Next year will be a big year for players moving knowing players like Bailey Smith , Oliver , Perkins , Baker , Dustin Martin , Ugle - Hagan , English , Duggan were all said to be available at the right price.
On top of these you can always look at players that just want out of there existing club for a change.

Essendon are the club I would be looking at they have a number of players that are off contract who a still young and have ability like Caldwell , Cox , Perkins.

Next year will be a big year for players moving knowing players like Bailey Smith , Oliver , Perkins , Baker , Dustin Martin , Ugle - Hagan , English , Duggan were all said to be available at the right price.
On top of these you can always look at players that just want out of there existing club for a change.

Essendon are the club I would be looking at they have a number of players that are off contract who a still young and have ability like Caldwell , Cox , Perkins.
I thought we have already burned our bridges with Caldwell.

Can't see him wanting to leave a contender though so hopefully we can show some form and make him think we're closer to a flag.
You just never know.

Brissy have not finished lower than 6th since 2018.

2nd,2nd,4th,6th and 2nd last year.

Teams generally only stay at that level for a certain amount of time.

Brissy may well start declining while we're hopefully on the rise and he could realize that.

Who knows.....time will tell.

I'm probably farting into the wind.

;) :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back