Training 2024 training updates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training report: May 16th. Main session - Round 10

Sorry for the late notice, was a bit busy today.

Absentees:

• Elliott
  • Steene
  • Begg
  • Carmichael

rehab:

• Eyre - We're getting to the end of his rehab, he did more drills than he did running, so edging closer to full training.
  • Howe - Started running
  • Checkers - edging toward a return, next week I reckon
  • McStay - Helped out with some drills.
  • Beau - Working through the concussion protocols.
  • Bytel - Concussion protocols, but looks okay. Did some running

Post session, Mcstay, Checkers and Eyre did extra running.

Mitchell was initially outside, did a couple drills; but by the time they started the pressure drill, he had already gone inside, and that's when I started to notice he wasn't out there.

Jordy completed the whole session. Must have gotten some decent treatment for that groin. But you wonder whether he can play with his 100% power. Will they limit his time in the midfield saturday? During match sim, he was in the middle but I wouldn't be surprised if they do rotate him forward at times. Ease him through it a bit.

Harrison got through the session without complaint, that ankle must have healed pretty quickly. I thought they might be cautious with him, so I wasn't sure they would name him. Though making him sub would make sense.

Fin has completed his role change to the half forwards when he has now started training with the forwards group, rather than the midfield group.

They started with line groups. The forwards did some goal practicing. Mids did some stoppage fendoffs, and the defenders did some defensive work toward the opposite goals. Handballing in pressure.

Looks like TJ is now longer in the rehab group, he fully trained after his ankle injury, and I reckon he should be available to play this saturday. Which will help our VFL side. The more listed players the better.

Ned Long trained with the seniors this morning, given he wasn't at VFL training, I assumed he was still battling his calf injury, but he got through the session which is a good sign for this weekend.

The mids then did some stoppage work, then the players did some work from exiting D50 and and moving the ball up the ground, toward the forwards. To use some slick ball movement by hand.

Next up was the pressure drill, which is always enjoyable to see some competitive juices flowing, using our DNA element and practicing it.

Match play was soon up
The teams:

Black -

• Lippa
  • JDG
  • IQ
  • Maynard
  • JDaicos
  • Schultz
  • Noble
  • Pendles
  • DC
  • Frampton
  • Macrae
  • Sidey
  • Hill
  • Crisp
  • Reef
  • Moore
  • NDaicos
  • Cox

White -

• DeMattia
  • Kreuger
  • Allan
  • TJ
  • Ryan
  • Richards
  • Sullivan
  • Markov
  • Johnson
  • Dean
  • Parker
  • Cox

Training report: May 16th. Main session - Round 10

Sorry for the late notice, was a bit busy today.

Absentees:

• Elliott
  • Steene
  • Begg
  • Carmichael

rehab:

• Eyre - We're getting to the end of his rehab, he did more drills than he did running, so edging closer to full training.
  • Howe - Started running
  • Checkers - edging toward a return, next week I reckon
  • McStay - Helped out with some drills.
  • Beau - Working through the concussion protocols.
  • Bytel - Concussion protocols, but looks okay. Did some running

Post session, Mcstay, Checkers and Eyre did extra running.

Mitchell was initially outside, did a couple drills; but by the time they started the pressure drill, he had already gone inside, and that's when I started to notice he wasn't out there.

Jordy completed the whole session. Must have gotten some decent treatment for that groin. But you wonder whether he can play with his 100% power. Will they limit his time in the midfield saturday? During match sim, he was in the middle but I wouldn't be surprised if they do rotate him forward at times. Ease him through it a bit.

Harrison got through the session without complaint, that ankle must have healed pretty quickly. I thought they might be cautious with him, so I wasn't sure they would name him. Though making him sub would make sense.

Fin has completed his role change to the half forwards when he has now started training with the forwards group, rather than the midfield group.

They started with line groups. The forwards did some goal practicing. Mids did some stoppage fendoffs, and the defenders did some defensive work toward the opposite goals. Handballing in pressure.

Looks like TJ is now longer in the rehab group, he fully trained after his ankle injury, and I reckon he should be available to play this saturday. Which will help our VFL side. The more listed players the better.

Ned Long trained with the seniors this morning, given he wasn't at VFL training, I assumed he was still battling his calf injury, but he got through the session which is a good sign for this weekend.

The mids then did some stoppage work, then the players did some work from exiting D50 and and moving the ball up the ground, toward the forwards. To use some slick ball movement by hand.

Next up was the pressure drill, which is always enjoyable to see some competitive juices flowing, using our DNA element and practicing it.

Match play was soon up
The teams:

Black -

• Lippa
  • JDG
  • IQ
  • Maynard
  • JDaicos
  • Schultz
  • Noble
  • Pendles
  • DC
  • Frampton
  • Macrae
  • Sidey
  • Hill
  • Crisp
  • Reef
  • Moore
  • NDaicos
  • Cox

White -

• DeMattia
  • Kreuger
  • Allan
  • TJ
  • Ryan
  • Richards
  • Sullivan
  • Markov
  • Johnson
  • Dean
  • Parker
  • Cox

Thanks Jen - was there anything in particular with Jordy that you saw to make you think he might play forward more - or just a good estimate of how they might manage him.

Thanks Jen - was there anything in particular with Jordy that you saw to make you think he might play forward more - or just a good estimate of how they might manage him.
No sign of that.
He trained with the midfield group, also lined up there in the 10 min match play.

I wasnt gonna do this as it was a lighter session and not a lot to tell, at least I didn't think so at the time, but here we go.

Training - Tuesday May 21st. Main session.

I was surprised they were having the main session today, given we don't play until Friday, but suppose with the interstate trip meaning they'd leave on thursday, and the shorter turnaround they thought it was best today, day off tomorrow then captain's run.

It was a bit drizzly morning, not too bad though - Just a bit of light rain hovering off and on for about an hour.

Absent players:

• Beggy
  • Steene
  • Jamie
    Mitchell
  • Carmichael
  • Reef

Rehab:

• Jordy -- Lasted 15 mins for a couple of run throughs then went inside, which was when we knew he would not be playing this weekend
  • Howe - More or less in full training, should be right next week
  • Eyre - I am hesitant to even put him in this group, as he is pretty much full training. Did a couple of sprints with Howe, but otherwise, was participating in all drills and match sim. Next week I suggest I won't mention him in this group.
  • Mcstay - now starting contact work so probably shouldn't put him in this group either.
  • Bytel - Did some running, but most drills, he isn't far away to returning.
  • WHE - Started some running today as he works through his hamstring injury.

I didn't pay much attention initially to these sides apart from Ed, so who knows what it means?

Black;

Lippa
JDaicos
Schultz
Pendles
DC
Allan
Frampton
TJ
Hill
Crisp
Richards
Beau
NDaicos
Harrison
Johnson
Checkers
Cox
Eyre

White

IQ
Maynard
Noble
Kreuger
Macrae
Ryan
Sidey
Moore
Sullivan
Markov
Dean
Parker
Bytel

There was some drills. Then an hour in, half the squad finished up and there was left with a selected group who participated in some ball movement drills, and small match play
This contained no Moore, both rucks (DC and Cox) no Nick, crisp

Kreuger and Frampton went up in the ruck.

Fin was back in the midfield

Allan on the wing.

Lippa did some inside mid.

But hard to know what to take from this session given by half way through, a fair bit were missing, so trying to figure out who was in and out was even harder to work out.

Training: Monday May 27th.

Close to midday start.
11:45am was the time the boys came out on the track. The AFLW girls did an hour session this morning, then we were told of the time the boys would be out.

Saw Richards looked like he just came from scans, dressed casually, went to his car near aami park, drove it around and parked closer to the entrance to the club. Got out and walked in.

Didn't see him again.

Rehab group:

• Pendles - Did some running, no strapping on bicep, then seemed to help out in drills. He looked okay I felt, but we'll see what the injury report says.
  • WHE - Decent amount of running, don't thin he'll be available this week, more week.
  • Mitchell - Started some running from that foot issue, seemed to be lumbering a bit.. like running but quite sowly.
  • Hill - Not sure what happened to him, but in the early warm up drills, he tried to run but was very hampered by something so he stopped and then went to the rehab group for the rest of the session. Did some running then went inside early.
  • Reef - Completed a good block of running before going inside. Looked to be alright, so hopefully fully trains on wed.

Absentees:

• Jordy
  • Richards
  • Elliott
  • Moore
  • Carmichael
  • Steene
  • Begg
  • Cox
  • Mihocek

They did a range of drills, from handballing, to some ball movement. Ground balls, tapping it on up forward and for another player to get on the end of it type things.

Howe fully trained. In defence
Frampton was also in defence, so you can pretty much guarantee that Kreuger will be the one to come in for Cox as that Forward,ruck. But we'll know more on wednesday.

Mcstay getting involved in more contact work.
Eyre and Mcstay did a couple sprints near the goals (recorded on camera, as one of the trainers told him to look at the camera) then he joined the squad for the rest of the training.

Toward the end of training, those that didn't play on Friday plus Parker did some extra work to get more run into their legs given there was no VFL game.

Last edited:
Training: Monday May 27th.

Close to midday start.
11:45am was the time the boys came out on the track. The AFLW girls did an hour session this morning, then we were told of the time the boys would be out.

Saw Richards looked like he just came from scans, dressed casually, went to his car near aami park, drove it around and parked closer to the entrance to the club. Got out and walked in.

Didn't see him again.

Rehab group:

• Pendles - Did some running, no strapping on bicep, then seemed to help out in drills. He looked okay I felt, but we'll see what the injury report says.
  • WHE - Decent amount of running, don't thin he'll be available this week, more week.
  • Mitchell - Started some running from that foot issue, seemed to be lumbering a bit.. like running but quite sowly.
  • Hill - Not sure what happened to him, but in the early warm up drills, he tried to run but was very hampered by something so he stopped and then went to the rehab group for the rest of the session. Did some running then went inside early.
  • Reef - Completed a good block of running before going inside. Looked to be alright, so hopefully fully trains on wed.

Absentees:

• Jordy
  • Richards
  • Elliott
  • Moore
  • Carmichael
  • Steene
  • Begg
  • Cox
  • Mihocek

They did a range of drills, from handballing, to some ball movement. Ground balls, tapping it on up forward and for another player to get on the end of it type things.

Howe fully trained. In defence
Frampton was also in defence, so you can pretty much guarantee that Kreuger will be the one to come in for Cox as that Forward,ruck. But we'll know more on wednesday.

Mcstay getting involved in more contract work.
Eyre and Mcstay did a couple sprints near the goals (recorded on camera, as one of the trainers told him to look at the camera) then he joined the squad for the rest of the training.

Toward the end of training, those that didn't play on Friday plus Parker did some extra work to get more run into their legs given there was no VFL game.

Do you think Howe will come in Friday?

Great news about Pendles 😉

Do you think Howe will come in Friday?

Great news about Pendles 😉
Yeah, Howe looks like he will play from my view. Trained fully

Pendles in rehab group didn't do a whole lot, so we'll see. See how he goes on wed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(Quoted the wrong training session 🤦‍♂️)
Re training today (27/05/24)

Thanks Jen, did Markov train? Cheers.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back