Player Watch #21: Callum Coleman-Jones - out for season after suffering Achilles rupture vs CFC on GoodFriday - go well CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beautiful

He swindled an extra year out of the tuggers
He's still got a bit to do to catch Wellsy - 3 year contract @ 500k, plays 10 games = $150,000 a game. Now that's a decent hourly rate; Mrs Wells says thank you Collingwood

Last edited:
Watched taz today live I think he is dun looks fit but very slow and got out marked a lot
There was an inkling last year that he was coming towards the end.

There was a game down in Tassie where a 75kg short flanker outmuscled him and out marked him.

Don’t get me wrong, he would be great for our young defenders to learn off, but long term I don’t think this move hurts us at all.

He went to chase a flag which is his choice, but it could be an ugly end to his career if he struggles at Richmond.

There was a game down in Tassie where a 75kg short flanker outmuscled him and out marked him.

Don’t get me wrong, he would be great for our young defenders to learn off, but long term I don’t think this move hurts us at all.

He went to chase a flag which is his choice, but it could be an ugly end to his career if he struggles at Richmond.
There is no way he was out muscled and out marked. He was out of position and off balance in that contest.

Yep - remember that - just wrong footed. Outsmarted more the point, not out muscled.
He was wrong footed because he couldn’t outmuscle a small flanker.

Anyway you look at it Tarrants best days are behind him. He will have the odd good game for Richmond but they have got him so they can release players like Balta to play a role, not for Robbie to be a dominant player.

Big risk is he did was his standing as a great clubman at north by moving in the hope of winning a flag.
He can do what he likes, but not sure Richmond will deliver him a flag, there are a few that look the goods in front of them.

He chose to * off even though he was told he was wanted, so just another Richmond flog now. I couldn’t really give two shits if he is an abject failure or success at Richmond.

He was wrong footed because he couldn’t outmuscle a small flanker.

Anyway you look at it Tarrants best days are behind him. He will have the odd good game for Richmond but they have got him so they can release players like Balta to play a role, not for Robbie to be a dominant player.
Why would they move Balta from a position he is great at? I understand they are trialling this btw.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why would they move Balta from a position he is great at? I understand they are trialling this btw.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Because they think Robbie can do the job and that Balta will be more devastating in the new swing role.

I think a lot of it is in part to free up Reiwoldt to play the 3rd tall, as he isn’t as dominant as he once was.

I think they had earmarked CCJ as that second tall behind Lynch, with Reiwoldt to play the 3rd tall, but with CCJ gone they are seeing if Balta can fill that role.

If Robbie can fill the gap until Gibcus is ready then it’s a win for them.

In fact we both win. They get the stop gap they need while they chase a premiership, while we get a long term ruck/forward prospect in CCJ.

My only point is that if Richmond fans are expecting Robbie to be a gun KPD then they might be in for disappointment. He will be serviceable and fill the role needed.

i honestly don’t think Tigers are close to winning a flag. I reckon they’re on the way down. A lot of their players are coming to the end of their careers. Idk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back