Past #21: Dom Tyson aka 'Tom Dyson' - delisted end '21 - 6 NM games/1 NM goal - 113 AFL games - good luck DomTom

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn't get a gig behind Ben Cunnington as our primary extractor - guess he must be s**t, hey!

The guy played some pretty good footy in 2016-2017. If he could get close to that he'd have gone a long way to easing the pain of Ben's absence and providing some much needed protection for Jy.

He's a bit one dimensional, but it's a dimension that no one else on our list except Cunners seems capable of fulfilling competently.

Couldn't get a gig behind Ben Cunnington as our primary extractor - guess he must be sh*t, hey!

Internet anonymity allows people to state weak s**t that they wouldn't otherwise state.

Good guess hence 3 teams and done nothing.

Spent two years as a kid with an awful giants side, went to Melbourne and as a 20 year old played all 22 games and averaged 24 disposals. Even split between contested and uncontested. People here would be blowing their loads if we had a 21 year old do that. He was LDU's age.

2016-17 averaged 25 touches a game. Pretty even split between contested and uncontested possession. Who have we got on our entire list that has done that? Cunnington and Higgins?

Do you blokes ever watch other teams? Or do you just post dross about how North's list is the worst in history, our kids are all various avatars of Wayne Carey and how every opposition player on the outer must be a dud.

Had a leanish year in 2018 as Melbourne re-jigged its midfield around Viney and Oliver and then got traded once Viney became the go-to man.

I maintain that in the absence of Ben Cunnington, whose role Dom would have to fight for, he would be a very, very handy inclusion.

Last edited:
Handy but not the future so who cares.

Plus he's played for us multiple times and been terrible so not sure what you've been watching.

Good guess hence 3 teams and done nothing. Even demons offloaded him.

Yes relief in a bad year sure as a mature body, but he isn't AFL standard.

Mate, he's gone right down in your estimation without even playing. Others are falling for this as well.

Give it a rest until he recovers from injury and gets some games. If you're proven right, then feel free to pile on. I think you'll be proven wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much per game does that work out to be based on his 3 year contract (assuming he doesn't play another game)?

I don't have the numbers that would enable me to do that calculation.

But I suppose it's probably the same as other long-term injured players. Did you see Lynden Dunn and Tim Broomhead are both playing tonight after more than two years out injured?

Mate, he's gone right down in your estimation without even playing. Others are falling for this as well.

Give it a rest until he recovers from injury and gets some games. If you're proven right, then feel free to pile on. I think you'll be proven wrong.

I never rated him to start with so it's hard to go down in my estimation. Plus he has played for so and was poor/dropped so that isn't correct either.

If I'm proven wrong then great.

Dumont in the middle is a pretty good idea of what you'd get from Tyson. Dour and honest. Might win a couple more clearances, not a ton more and a shade less endurance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back