Player Watch #21: Jacob Townsend - JJ Liston Medalist 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Have to admit I love him for his role in the 2017 run home.
But sadly I can't seem him getting back in now...too many in front of him...and the team is playing too well.
He's a try hard though. Made sure he was next to Cotchin before he song started. Even tried to join arms with him...which was quickly shrugged off.
And I read in someone elses interview they reckon he's the best dancer at the club...that's surprising...for some reason...must count for something though :)

Have to admit I love him for his role in the 2017 run home.
But sadly I can't seem him getting back in now...too many in front of him...and the team is playing too well.
He's a try hard though. Made sure he was next to Cotchin before he song started. Even tried to join arms with him...which was quickly shrugged off.
And I read in someone elses interview they reckon he's the best dancer at the club...that's surprising...for some reason...must count for something though :)
Really?!? When was that?!?

Really?!? When was that?!?
It was on the tv coverage in the rooms just before they started the song. It happens before the start of the song video on the website. He is standing next to Cotchin, then as the game day players are linking arms, towner grabs cotchins arm and trys to duck under it so it's around his shoulders. I didn't catch the expression on cotchins face at the time but when the camera came back they weren't arm in arm. I just got the impression he found it annoying...as you would. I don't think I imagined the whole thing....although I had finished the last of my half dozen by that stage.
But if you were asking about the dancing...I'll have to ask which football magazine I was reading at someone else's place last night.

It was on the tv coverage in the rooms just before they started the song. It happens before the start of the song video on the website. He is standing next to Cotchin, then as the game day players are linking arms, towner grabs cotchins arm and trys to duck under it so it's around his shoulders. I didn't catch the expression on cotchins face at the time but when the camera came back they weren't arm in arm. I just got the impression he found it annoying...as you would. I don't think I imagined the whole thing....although I had finished the last of my half dozen by that stage.
But if you were asking about the dancing...I'll have to ask which football magazine I was reading at someone else's place last night.

Yes, I noticed that too. I think Cotch had a smile as he shrugged it off though.. ie Capt politely letting him know ... not appropriate.

Seems he had a good game on the weekend. He must know he is pushing towards a game. Surely Bolton is next man in for that forward spot though.

I think your looking into that too much,cotch had a laugh.

Towner would never be this uncool.

Myth busted.

Still remember Adam Kennedy telling me in the Giants first year that they’d do these mad one on one drills that were brutal and they’d pull names out and that every time Towner’s name was called out they’d all just look at the ground and it’d go silent.

That's what i reckon too!

Agree. Ripping bloke. Quiet, unassuming guy somewhat derived from his chronic stuttering problem that he’s spent most of his life trying to overcome.

Team mates and people around the club love him. Fact.

Dunno where some of this stuff comes from...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very happy to see Townsend get another crack at it. Interested to see where he plays most midfield or up forward.

I love these magic Towner moments

when he goes slightly horizontal just before driving his hips through the tackle and through the opponents ribs.

I will be humming this Towner tune at the G

This magic Towner moment, so different and so new
Was like any other until I tackled you
And then it happened, it took me by surprise
I knew that you felt it too, by the look in your eyes
Sweeter than wine
Softer than the summer night
Everything I want, I have
Whenever I tackle you tight
This magic Towner moment while my hips are close to impact
Will last forever, forever 'till the end of time
oh-oh-oh-oh-oh