Player Watch #22: Josh Caddy - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

In the early 80’s Richmond went from being a feared, aggressive, skilled and tough team to an introverted, passive and mostly poorly skilled team.
Even our better players had little mongrel in them.
Trent Cotchin against Hawthorn started to generate some mongrel back into our play but the recruitment of Josh Caddy, Toby Nankervis and the development of Nathan Broad to join Cotch gave us genuine hurt factor, all highly skilled as well.
Well played Josh Caddy… always be a Richmond man.

Was a big part of our 2017 premiership,enjoy retirement and polish those medals.

Congrats Josh Caddy on a great tenure of footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll always remember his goal to get us underway in the 17' grand final. The recruitment of Lynch pretty much killed off his career early as it meant he couldn't really play as that undersized key forward anymore. Massive kudos for him to re-invent himself as a stop gap winger for a 2nd premiership. huge respect for him doing a Grigg and pulling the pin early for the better of the club.
The irony of that is that during the battle to secure Lynch one of the aces we had up our sleeve was having his two former Gold Coast teammates Prestia and Caddy. I know Prestia played a role helping to convince Lynch, as for Caddy how much I am not so sure. Just saying if he did play an active role I wonder how much he took into account that Lynch at Tigerland might be compromising his place in the team. Anyhow still grateful for his role in two premierships and wish him all the best in retirement.

Loved his hardness and provided that bit of mongrel to piss oppos off.

Highlight has to be going to the Gabba to see him flush an incredible kick outside 50 from two steps in the 19 QF.
Thanks champ.
B5746129-9F46-4118-926C-D4A50B62F75E.png

Last edited:
Loved his hardness and provided that bit of mongrel to piss oppos off.

Highlight has to be going to the Gabba to see him flush an incredible kick outside 50 from two steps in the 19 QF.
Thanks champ.
View attachment 1392451

He had an unbelievable boot on him. This kick and the Dreamtime goal looked completely effortless.

On his talent and stage of career I’m kind of shocked he’s retiring. He’d get a game at north

Was a great act of selflessness from Cads though, and because of it you would imagine someone will get a shot at their afl dream in the midseason draft
Yes. Best wishes to Josh.
First goal of 2017 Grand Final.
A premiership champion immortal.
Jack Riewoldt had missed a couple of goals early, and if that scoring trend had continued, we would have lost.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back