Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard an observer state yesterday that the best we looked on Saturday was during the third quarter when Dish was sent into the middle, removing him from the forward line and giving us something in the centre bounces. There was something to that point.

Me
/holds hand up (give me credit lol)

Goldy is now one dimensional due to his injury. Even if dish lost the tap he is right on the ball carrier applying pressure.

We will not be winning too many more games carrying Goldy as the ruck...

Wonder what the surgery would be like to get him fixed (if it's a clean up) - or alternatively, to just rest him until 2 rounds to go. We're not going to be able to win the flag with him playing this way so i'd rather rest him up and hope Maj can take us to the finals (and get 6 games of experience into Maj/or hell even Pruess), and if he's not right, then get him in for surgery and let him get a good run at a pre-season. Otherwise he starts on the backfoot for 2017.

This isn't tanking, but I genuinely believe that Maj would offer us more.

Wonder what the surgery would be like to get him fixed (if it's a clean up) - or alternatively, to just rest him until 2 rounds to go. We're not going to be able to win the flag with him playing this way so i'd rather rest him up and hope Maj can take us to the finals (and get 6 games of experience into Maj/or hell even Pruess), and if he's not right, then get him in for surgery and let him get a good run at a pre-season. Otherwise he starts on the backfoot for 2017.

Maj and Browny sharing.

Sounds sensible.

Coach says it's form.

No change.

Just a heads up mate...... We won't be winning the flag

"Brad reads this" still plays goldy in the ruck

Now if we took the route and used Hawthorn and Sydney philosophy where they use average non high salary paying ruckmen and used the extra coin on getting some decent quality midfielders and investing in our future forward structure we would not in this situation.

Our entire tilt this year at the flag ( and don't forget the lead up / centre structures etc ) was based on Goldstein being in red hot form. Our centre structure was based on quality tap outs from Goldstein............not one of our mids know how to shark to opposing ruckmans work.

I really wish to know if he is injured or not ....inner scrotums?? Please PM me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry but Brown IS NOT a ruckman in any form, please NO to him rucking

Agreed - I'd rather go with the Daw/Petrie combination. Sorry Drew but i'm prepared to sacrifice you in the ruck as you're doing nothing up forward and Brad won't play you down back or drop you.

As was stated earlier, we did well when Drew went into the ruck against Port and there was a noticeable drop in momentum when Goldy hobbled back on.

I'll get howled down for this........His taps are rubbish, he just drops the ball at his feet, to no one.....rinse repeat.
It's how they want to play it. Create a close in contest where Swallow Cunnington Ziebell thrive and work it from there and given our over abundance of slow inside beasts it probably suits us. Balls hit clear are too much of a 50/50 would be the coaches thinking. The problem of course is we are as predictable as a Scotty Thompson brain fart.

It's how they want to play it. Create a close in contest where Swallow Cunnington Ziebell thrive and work it from there and given our over abundance of slow inside beasts it probably suits us. Balls hit clear are too much of a 50/50 would be the coaches thinking. The problem of course is we are as predictable as a Scotty Thompson brain fart.

Yes, Grogg. They showed On the Couch how in the first quarter Port held back its wingers from running into the centre square and Wingard ran through unmarked from chb. This meant it was nice and open 4 on 4 or 5 on 4 in there because our wingmen held back too. Nice and open is what we don't like. So Port swooped on the ball, created the loose man with handball and see ya later slowcoaches. I think centre clearances in the first quarter were 7/0!

Hinkley's coaching team 1 v Scott's coaching team 0.:$

Thomas Waite Boomer
Anderson Brown Zeibell

Daw to ruck - when he needs a spell Brown into ruck and push Waite to CHF with Zeibs playing closer to goal just for a contest.

Bring Dumont in to play JZs role.

Having Petrie and Todd out there at the moment is akin to having two down before you start. Both badly need a spell.

We need more pace over the ground and midfield rotation, so lets start restructuring and taking some risks to get this team up and about.

Thomas Waite Boomer
Anderson Brown Zeibell

Daw to ruck - when he needs a spell Brown into ruck and push Waite to CHF with Zeibs playing closer to goal just for a contest.

Bring Dumont in to play JZs role.

Having Petrie and Todd out there at the moment is akin to having two down before you start. Both badly need a spell.

We need more pace over the ground and midfield rotation, so lets start restructuring and taking some risks to get this team up and about.

Whilst I agree...it is a fantasy to think Brad could possibly even contemplate dropping or doing something with Drew for team balance or to cure the Goldy erectile dysfunction.

In fact a Daw or Wood will even get selected in the 22 or as emergency and then dropped on the road just before game time for a fraud like Nahas and "team balance".

Oh no, we couldn't possibly drop Drew or Waite (who was injured for about 4 weeks).

Oh no, we couldn't possibly have Brown play permanent forward and Goldy rested or more minutes on the bench or play minutes up forward.

Oh no, we couldn't possibly play the future in Wood or see Daw play ruck/forward or Ziebs and Cunnington as mid/small marking forward which in turn means a Dumont or some other mid mix or spread.

Won't drop Drew and won't stop the Swallow/Cunnington/Ziebs combo. So a Dumont/Wood/Daw is always dropped instead, the Goldy/Brown situation continues and the midfield moves around like glaciers.

Last edited:
But but he has an AA to hang his hat on.

While I've been smashed from pillar to post on my opinion on Goldy.........I heard a story from a certain "cooling box" shared the same opinion around the same time I offered the idea to put him up for trade.
2015 was a great year for him and he deserved the AA but this doesn't give the club a premiership flag. Hawthorn and Sydney play terrific premiership winning footy without a topline Ruckman.

There's no doubt he is injured but we seem to continue to run him into the ground......imagine if we rested him and Maj played? He'd be not injured as well now.
... and here comes ozzyoslo! ;)

He isn't injured, he just hurt himself and has been in s**t form ever since. :thumbsu:

Goldy is not injured. You train, you cross the white line, you're ready to play. That's it. Goldy needs to htfu and work through any soreness that he might have. That's what champions do.
huh? The guy is clearly doing exactly that. Your leap, running style and reach don't suddenly disappear. He has to be playing through pain just to be out there.
I just hope it's an injury that can be healed while continuing to play, because the last 7 weeks show we are pretty stuffed without 4 dick Goldy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back