Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

This rubbish assertion has been disproven a week or two ago. In this thread.
In your opinion, but flashing up yearly averages from footywire does little to dispel the assertion.

You can't pick and choose when you want to use some stats to suit your argument. Every AFL supporter in Australia knows Goldy has been a shadow of his former self since EOY 2015. 2019 was arguably his most consistent year since - a contract year. I've got no issue with that. People are motivated by different things. Maybe he pushed harder this year so he can earn a nice deal and provide for his children's future.

At the end of the day, he served up less than what his contract reflected. Not only did he let down his family but his teammates and supporters.

In your opinion, but flashing up yearly averages from footywire does little to dispel the assertion.

You can't pick and choose when you want to use some stats to suit your argument. Every AFL supporter in Australia knows Goldy has been a shadow of his former self since EOY 2015. 2019 was arguably his most consistent year since - a contract year. I've got no issue with that. People are motivated by different things. Maybe he pushed harder this year so he can earn a nice deal and provide for his children's future.

At the end of the day, he served up less than what his contract reflected. Not only did he let down his family but his teammates and supporters.

Lets bring in contracts that if a player doesn't perform to their standard output during a certain period then they should pay back the money that they earned.

:)

Marks, goals, tackles and hitouts are all down on 2018 numbers.

The only thing substantially up this year is disposals. Clearances are marginally up.

Compare his 2018 to his 2017 where his disposals, marks, hitouts, inside 50s and rebound 50s are all up.

Lets bring in contracts that if a player doesn't perform to their standard output during a certain period then they should pay back the money that they earned.

:)
If it were as simple as performance it wouldn't be that bad.

But if you get involved in extracurricular activities that impact your outside world and the outside world starts to impact your performance and mental health it is an issues. If people can criticise players for drinking and getting into trouble outside of playing, then you can also be critical of other variables that bring issues to a players performance - that you are partly responsible for.

They are linked. Again, if it wasn't his fault it wouldn't be as much of an issue but selfishness on his behalf set of a chain of events that ultimately impacted his performance...during a period where he was being played extremely well to perform.

Nah. Gerhard and Sam said he is off to the Cats. They said on the wireless. I heard with my two good ears. One on either side of my head.

Pity that third ear half way down your back is non functional or you could have heard it with that too.

AFL Insider TRADE News
2 hrs ·

ONE CLUB PLAYER:
Todd Goldstein looks set to re-sign with North Melbourne on a 3 year deal
Goldstein has said to have looked at his options but seemingly wants to finish his career at north.
Geelong have now missed out on 2 of North Melbournes A-Grade players and will now struggle to find any player of quality in terms of a ruckman and outside class, which will force them to either target another contracted pair of players from other clubs/ go to the draft.

Nice to see someone else miss out for a change if this is true!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Insider TRADE News
2 hrs ·

ONE CLUB PLAYER:
Todd Goldstein looks set to re-sign with North Melbourne on a 3 year deal
Goldstein has said to have looked at his options but seemingly wants to finish his career at north.
Geelong have now missed out on 2 of North Melbournes A-Grade players and will now struggle to find any player of quality in terms of a ruckman and outside class, which will force them to either target another contracted pair of players from other clubs/ go to the draft.

Nice to see someone else miss out for a change if this is true!
Hey Ralphy, scoop mc clure , Caro and co......why cant the cats land a big fish?

3 years guaranteed sounds a bit risky. I hope it's 2 years with triggers for a 3rd.

Who was the other? Higgo confirmed to not be going there anymore?

AFL Insider TRADE News
Yesterday at 8:43 AM ·

CLOSE CALL:
Confirming reports made last night regarding Shaun Higgins, he will accept North Melbourne's new revised offer and remain a roo for the rest of his career. Geelong will now turn their focus elsewhere

Jay Clarks Says Geelong Are In The Race For Todd Goldstein
On Dead Set Legends

6 minutes ago
Abe Spargo

Geelong are going "really hard" after Todd Goldstein according to Triple M Footy news breaker Jay-Z Clark.
Jay-Z reported on Dead Set Legends this morning that the Cats have entered the race, with North Melbourne reluctant to renew the 31-year-old for three more years.

And on it goes!!!

On Dead Set Legends

6 minutes ago
Abe Spargo

Geelong are going "really hard" after Todd Goldstein according to Triple M Footy news breaker Jay-Z Clark.
Jay-Z reported on Dead Set Legends this morning that the Cats have entered the race, with North Melbourne reluctant to renew the 31-year-old for three more years.

And on it goes!!!
The report calls him Jay-Z? Epitome of litter box liner.

On Dead Set Legends

6 minutes ago
Abe Spargo

And on it goes!!!
We would be silly to give him more than 3 years.

But If I'm Goldy and the Cats are offering me more than 3 years, I'd take it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back