Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy to add you on the likes list for DR's thoughts.

Yes I'm really dancing.....when the club's list management policies are suspect.
You'll find me fist pumping the streets of Oslo town.

But DR is on the money about the fact that you were completely wrong about Gorringe. Perhaps that should temper your chest puffing about Goldie's fall from grace, no?

I mean, you were seriously wrong about Gorringe. More wrong about Gorringe than you were right about Goldie. Because, you know, AA ...

There are people that call the stock market is about to crash every year for years. Then, after a decade of boom, a crash happens and they come out with "I told you so". Notwithstanding they've already lost all of their money shorting the market in the years the crash didn't happen.

But DR is on the money about the fact that you were completely wrong about Gorringe. Perhaps that should temper your chest puffing about Goldie's fall from grace, no?

I mean, you were seriously wrong about Gorringe. More wrong about Gorringe than you were right about Goldie. Because, you know, AA ...

There are people that call the stock market is about to crash every year for years. Then, after a decade of boom, a crash happens and they come out with "I told you so". Notwithstanding they've already lost all of their money shorting the market in the years the crash didn't happen.

Yes , ya got me. I'm happy to re read my comments regarding Gorringe if you or DR care to find it. Yes I mentioned Gorringe and Im sure it was an off the cuff option, very similar to my posting last week on Cox actually. ( Before Scott dropped his name on Sunday )
I went hard with Mumford and thats was only after the surprise inclusion of Buddy going to Sydney thus squeezing Mumford out.
We can dissect it all over the summer. :)
No problem. Pretty sure it'll bore the crap out of the others here.

Chest puff ?? lol give me a break.......why would Scott hint at trying to lure Cox, surely this adds speculation regarding Goldstein.

Mate, maybe it's not quite a chest puff, but have a look at the past few pages and you'll see that distinctive ozzy avatar next to a disproportionately high number of posts.

I can't talk for Scott, but the suggestion is he might have been a little tongue in cheek as Cox was in the room at the time. Or else they're thinking of trading one or more of Goldie, Preuss or Majak. Or else he wants 4 ruckmen. Or he misses having an American on the list since The Beast departed. Or ???

Oslo, you would have a somewhat vague point if:

a) Goldstein didn't become an elite ruckman over multiple years, putting the team on his back and leading them to back-to-back prelim finals, directly after you decided to plant your flag in the 'he's no good' camp.
b) Using all that money on Goldstein meant that we didn't have cap space to make a big play at elite talent around the league.

But as we live in the real world, and not your made up one, you do not have a point.

OK potters come and have your hit.

This is my 1st TG post of the year.
Definitely Goldstein hate undertones there !!
I must admit, Ive even surprised myself with our target poaching for 2017

pg 144, Mar 26, 2017

Is he our highest paid player? And if he is ..... we deserve to be languishing where we'll be this year. Sitting on the sidelines waiting to be asked for a dance.
Treloar in 2015, Heeney in 2016....... probably Martin in 2017.

pg 145
How much % is played in the head ? Talk all preseason of Preuss and amount of game time he gets has a negative effect on Goldstein. FACT

I guess I was wrong I didnt really focus on him having relationship problems, I just focused on the football aspect, not his personal life.

loved this one from LuvtheKangas

FFS, that is absolutely NOT a FACT. It's the opinion of the one person who is most biased against Goldie on this board.

It is pure speculation, and probably absolute rubbish, to say the Preuss factor has any negative impact on Goldie. Do you have even a scrap of information on which you base this claim? No, of course not, you pulled it out of your arse because you are so anti-Goldie.

But who would have thought months later TG comes out openly saying its all mental. here's my reply by the way:-

My opinion yes and I believe it to be fact from what I see..........youre welcome to have another opinion.

As I said.......dont want to be boring others here who are genuine in their thoughts on Todd Goldstein. But I wont stand down just because you dont agree with me.

Feel free do yourself a favour I think Ive been fair, good and bad on Goldstein in 2017.
Me jumping on his grave calls are totally unfair.

There's 50 pages since I started this year and 25 posts per page......Thats 1200 odd posts.

Im going to do a count :- 114 posts out of say 1240 so far this year.......make of it what you will.

So Arden, if you want to carry on like some kind of Polkinghorne and ask me to be banned , do yourself a favour buddy and hit the ignore button. Yes I double checked, its still there !!

Last edited:
Oslo, you would have a somewhat vague point if:

a) Goldstein didn't become an elite ruckman over multiple years, putting the team on his back and leading them to back-to-back prelim finals, directly after you decided to plant your flag in the 'he's no good' camp.
b) Using all that money on Goldstein meant that we didn't have cap space to make a big play at elite talent around the league.

But as we live in the real world, and not your made up one, you do not have a point.
Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 22.23.05.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

loved this one from LuvtheKangas

But who would have thought months later TG comes out openly saying its all mental. here's my reply by the way:-

As I said.......dont want to be boring others here who are genuine in their thoughts on Todd Goldstein. But I wont stand down just because you dont agree with me.

Oz, I know you're anti-Goldie, but you've just used a quote of mine to support your case and included your (basically irrelevant) response, and it's one of the least reasoned arguments you've come up with.

You alleged, wrongly, that Goldie was having mental problems because of the Preuss factor. I called bullshit on the underlined and that's because it was. To then claim you were right when Goldie later spoke of mental issues is ridiculous, since it is well known that they relate to non-football issues.

It is offensive (well, that's a given) to suggest that he sooked up due to not being able to deal with some internal pressure from the new kid. There is absolutely no evidence of that, and indeed the evidence since then refutes the contention. Goldie's mental problems worsened as the year went on at a time when Preuss couldn't get a game. Think about that for a moment. Your wild speculation is not supported in the slightest. And yet you claim your "reply by the way:-" as some sort of proof that you were correct. Laughable.

It's gotten to the point where you feel the need to defend yourself and you're going about it in an irrational way.

Last edited:
How ironic.

Yes my anti Goldstein posts clouded my judgement and observations...........there's 194 pages there please start at the beginning. What else you going to do ? Come up with magical multiple 3 way deals until trade time.
Enlighten yourself with fact. While you're at it wade through the hours of media chat and video on Todd Goldstein dating back......to 2016.

Because we all know theyre raising the issue based on me defending my opinion.

;)

Yes my anti Goldstein posts clouded my judgement and observations...........there's 194 pages there please start at the beginning. What else you going to do ? Come up with magical multiple 3 way deals until trade time.
Enlighten yourself with fact. While you're at it wade through the hours of media chat and video on Todd Goldstein dating back......to 2016.

Because we all know theyre raising the issue based on me defending my opinion.

;)

Ah yes. To be expected, I suppose. Here's you thinking you've nailed me with my quote and your response, then I clarify the obvious, make you realise that you got it wrong and now you look a bit silly, and suddenly it's not about the one quote at all but the whole 194 pages. Complete the "baffle them with bullshit" with some spurious reference to trading.

You should have stopped at ...............

Happy to hear your theory why Scott openly mentioned Cox on TV last sunday.

This will be fun.
I know you are not asking me, but I thought he was being polite given Cox was sitting next to him, and they had known each other since North tried to recruit him after the try-outs.

* this I'm rereading the whole thread and will quote all posts that I feel maybe slightly derogatory

200cm ruckman....why?
Mailman, Nov 24, 2006

Would need to ask Todd's parents why he is 200cm.

Because Laidley is a tool.
Squizza, Nov 24, 2006

hmmm fair point but Todd has certainly made your tool comment look foolish.

Goldstein?

Another ruckman,WTF?:eek:
MAD-ROO, Nov 24, 2006

Mad-roo I think the below post answered why we drafted another ruck

we got moran and hale for god sakes

bushranger, Nov 24, 2006

Can see why you got banned bushy.

Right that's page one of 195 taken care of......... could be a loooong night

hey im not sure about what you guys think, but what about this line up in a few years

FB: Petrie
CHB:Hansen
Wing/Rover: Moran (like Goodes)
CHF: Hale
FF: Hutchison (he was bottom age last year so he could have gone this year, he did dominate at u16 level so this year he might of been 1st or second round this year)
Rucks: Macintosh and Goldmember

Page 3.....

Micky where were you this year? You could have got us that elusive draft pick number 1. Moran on the wing and peeps reckon I've issues with Majak :p

But I must admit how awesome would it have been had we had Hutchinson and Stariski on the list at the same time....

upload_2017-9-12_18-59-33.jpeg

**** this I'm rereading the whole thread and will quote all posts that I feel maybe slightly derogatory

Mailman, Nov 24, 2006

Would need to ask Todd's parents why he is 200cm.

Squizza, Nov 24, 2006

hmmm fair point but Todd has certainly made your tool comment look foolish.

MAD-ROO, Nov 24, 2006

Mad-roo I think the below post answered why we drafted another ruck

bushranger, Nov 24, 2006

Can see why you got banned bushy.

Right that's page one of 195 taken care of......... could be a loooong night
Entire Brad Scott thread would need to be burned to the ground but I'm only being facetious.

Still despise how this thread has plummeted into worse than filth though. And by that I mean the disrespect to Goldstein.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back