Past #23: Ben McKay - gone to * as RFA - NMFC awarded Band 1 pick #3 compo

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to say tbh but it was more about these random trade pages. They seem to throw numbers out of their asses.

600k seems too high though IMO.

Yeah but it’s a 4-5 year deal and come the end of that contract - it’ll be unders if he keep the improvement in an upward curve

Hard to say tbh but it was more about these random trade pages. They seem to throw numbers out of their asses.

600k seems too high though IMO.

Given his rapid improvement, demand from opposition clubs, his age & our lack of quality young key position players... I think 600k is about right.

We also have a lot of room in the cap to front load it, make it long term and alleviate risk of FA (which would be a possibility if he only signed 2 years).

I would have thought 650K (at least) if he'd kept this form up and signed at season's end. For four, five with triggers. But $600K is still up to 3 million bucks. I'll bet he never thought he'd see that this time 2 years ago.

Would be funny if the ‘I normally take the best forward’ is a sharper dig then we realise…
Its certainly not out of the realms of possibility that Harry was initially being offered less then CC, Casboult and co…

Last edited:
I'm hoping we play him at CHB when Tarrant returns. I think he is more capable linking up, running off and taking marks down then line than he has been allowed to do given our injury depleted backline.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree. 600k seems about right. Too much right now but it'd balance out over the contract. If I was an opposition team I'd expect to fork over 750k to get him. We'd probably have to pay 900k+ to get Harry.

Boom, hopefully this is just to give him the flexibility to earn more if his improvement continues

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

“There are a lot of other people looking to sign on and hang around and I think that’s so important … hopefully members and fans can understand that and stick by us, because I don’t think we’re too far off.”

I love this guy

Probably on good coin for the two years, and trusting himself to keep improving and be able to demand that super big contract, in both dollars and length, with free agency pressure giving it the extra push. 2 years says a lot about his confidence, good on him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back