Past #23: Ben McKay - gone to * as RFA - NMFC awarded Band 1 pick #3 compo

Remove this Banner Ad

9 rounds left, give Durdin another 4 consecutive games regardless of form, chance to cement a spot and allow Benny an opportunity to get match fitness up, then Benny plays remaining 5 with a view to big 2020.

.........insert made up crap............

Ah yes, just like your inside word about Kelly coming 2 years ago & then again this year or no wait its actually in another 2 years time....not to mention Martin and Gaff....

But as soon as someone else mentions anything it's all made up crap

Well, we'll have to get that from Adelaide because Carlton traded their '19 first last season in order to pick up Liam Stocker.

Oh of course completely forgot

If the offer is good then trade him to Carlton.

He’s been starved of opportunity with us and he deserves a crack with someone else - especially with his brother.

We can’t get into flag contention by keeping everyone and he’s still got some decent trade currency - especially to a side with SOS doing the negotiations.

Worrying about ‘if player x goes to club y and they end up a star l’ll crack the shits’ mentality is poo. I’m pretty sure in Sept 2017 every Doggies supporter couldn’t give a stuff if Shaun Higgins turned out to be our best player, they were celebrating a flag..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the offer is good then trade him to Carlton.

He’s been starved of opportunity with us and he deserves a crack with someone else - especially with his brother.

We can’t get into flag contention by keeping everyone and he’s still got some decent trade currency - especially to a side with SOS doing the negotiations.

Worrying about ‘if player x goes to club y and they end up a star l’ll crack the ****s’ mentality is poo. I’m pretty sure in Sept 2017 every Doggies supporter couldn’t give a stuff if Shaun Higgins turned out to be our best player, they were celebrating a flag..

what trade value? i doubt we'd even get a fourth rounder for him.

what trade value? i doubt we'd even get a fourth rounder for him.
200cm, 95 kg former 1st round pick, KPP, whose been starved for opportunity due to injuries and the unexpected rise of Maj as another KP backman and concurrently JZ taking the 3rd tall option.

Don’t worry BMac still has something to give an AFL club (whether that’s us or not).

SOS would be salivating to get him at the BLWS and we should pull the wool over his very gullible eyes..

200cm, 95 kg former 1st round pick, KPP, whose been starved for opportunity due to injuries and the unexpected rise of Maj as another KP backman and concurrently JZ taking the 3rd tall option.

Don’t worry BMac still has something to give an AFL club (whether that’s us or not).

SOS would be salivating to get him at the BLWS and we should pull the wool over his very gullible eyes..

well for 1 he wasn't actually a first rounder, he was an early second rounder who hasn't shown anything at AFL level in 3.5 years. no one is salivating to get him.

and lets bare in mind, he's exactly what we need when tarrant/thompson retire as well as a back up KPP (and not a great one at that). we'd only end up using the following first round pick to get another KPP anyway.

you look at similar trades, say james stewart in 2016 - middle second rounder in 2012 that had shown more at AFL level than Mckay, GWS got pick 77 for him....

Pick 1 or GTFO

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep, Paddy Dow must be in play.

Ben's arguably the best young listed KPD NOT currently playing in the AFL.

Carlton also have a significant investment in Weitering, Jones is still only 28, and Macreadie is contracted until the end of next season.

well for 1 he wasn't actually a first rounder, he was an early second rounder who hasn't shown anything at AFL level in 3.5 years. no one is salivating to get him.

and lets bare in mind, he's exactly what we need when tarrant/thompson retire as well as a back up KPP (and not a great one at that). we'd only end up using the following first round pick to get another KPP anyway.

you look at similar trades, say james stewart in 2016 - middle second rounder in 2012 that had shown more at AFL level than Mckay, GWS got pick 77 for him....
994A1186-4763-44EC-95D8-8098FB84D2CE.png

Unless there was another Ben McKay in this draft hes a first rounder champ..

You say he has 4th rounder trade value, but he’s our answer to Tarrant and Thompson when they retire?..

Wow.. you’ve lost me..

Last edited:
View attachment 695736

Unless there was another Ben McKay in this draft hes a first rounder champ..

You say he has 4th rounder trade value, but he’s our answer to Tarrant and Thompson when they retire?..

Wow.. you’ve lost me..

yea, you don't understand how trades and player values work so it's understandable you're lost.

also a few posts back you said JZ is a backman, i know you're a regular poster, but troll account much :tearsofjoy:

yea, you don't understand how trades and player values work so it's understandable you're lost.

also a few posts back you said JZ is a backman, i know you're a regular poster, but troll account much :tearsofjoy:
Haha 1st rounder pal.

And worth more than a fourth rounder. But you don't understand how trades and player values work so it's understandable you're lost.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is brilliant, I’ve been a regular here since 2001 and you’re calling me a troll. Cute.

Im not going to even waste my time arguing with your other rubbish, your cooking yourself beautifully.

Haha 1st rounder pal.

And worth more than a fourth rounder. But you don't understand how trades and player values work so it's understandable you're lost.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd certainly wouldn't swap him for Weitering (1), Schache (2) and Weideman (9).

We have also put 4 years of development in to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back