Past #23: Ben McKay - gone to * as RFA - NMFC awarded Band 1 pick #3 compo

Remove this Banner Ad

Daw was a better defender in a shorter amount of time and did much more impressive work as a last line of defence and that was in far fewer games and he was never trained/drafted as a defender.
Daw also won the genetic lottery. Multiple times. Absolute freak.

Clarko rushed him back into the side. Needs to play games with Corr and Logue to build that synergy. We take the hit today to bring forward that end state
So its Clark's fault he consistently played 5 metres or more away from his forward?

I'd love to hear from people who were at the ground, but I was staggered by how often this guy was not on the screen, despite the fact the ball basically lived in Brisbane's forward half. Was he told to play as a decoy forward in our backline? Truly one of the shittest performances I have seen from anyone in a North guernsey, ever. And there has been some amazing competition for that accolade in the past 3 years or so. Wow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stupid to play him after 4 weeks on the sidelines, he and Logue totally destroyed although the one way traffic through the middle didn’t help them.

I still have no idea who had Daniher and who had Hipwood. Neither of our blokes were sighted anywhere near their opponent.

Toss a coin on who was worse of Logue and McKay. Logue very underwhelming for mine.

I'd love to hear from people who were at the ground, but I was staggered by how often this guy was not on the screen, despite the fact the ball basically lived in Brisbane's forward half. Was he told to play as a decoy forward in our backline? Truly one of the shittest performances I have seen from anyone in a North guernsey, ever. And there has been some amazing competition for that accolade in the past 3 years or so. Wow.
He copped some serious heat from the North supporters at the ground.

Looked like he was allergic to being within 20 metres of an opponent today. Genuinely one of the worst individual performances I can recall.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

You must be braindead or never watched his defensive roles, go look at the stat sheets for his games played during that time. You're objectively wrong.
That poster's braindead. Tried to pay someone out and accidently quoted themselves instead.

Probably the best thing they'll ever post, was accidental and its done and gone now.

It was bizzare. A lot of ball watching. We’d push up the ground to impact out number, we’d win it but pressure would force us to turn it over behind centre. While this was all going on, Brisbane forwards would cheat deep and for some reason McKay Logue and others just didn’t realise and would react way too slow to work back onto them. By way too slow we’re talking 5 seconds + which is heaps of time to get serious separation.
Our backs should be man on if we haven’t cleared our defensive half. Only reason you shouldn’t be is if you’re getting involved in the rebound, which both McKay and logue never do.

I don’t know, I was so confused, but it was mainly a Brisbane forward line cheating towards goal, backing their players to turn the ball over while ours stargazed at us throw the ball around until that eventual turnover.

I think McKay was just underdone. You’d be mad to write him off. We got slaughtered in the middle and at contest.

So its Clark's fault he consistently played 5 metres or more away from his forward?

It had to be a plan coming from the coaches box, obviously it didn’t work though. Not sure if that’s because the players couldn’t execute it or it was a bad idea.

If the backs weren’t told to push up the ground, the coaches would have sent a runner out to tell our defenders to not let the forwards out the back after the first uncontested mark inside 50.

Whatever it was it was hard to watch.

Agreed that McKay didn't have a good game but don't be losing our minds.

When you turn the ball over, you get smashed and there is nothing the defence can do about that. We don't turn the ball over and Hipwood and Daniher look like unaccountable forwards who let the ball out of their 50 too easily.

Look at the reasons for the turnovers and both the backline and forward line will look much better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back