Player Watch #24 Jay Kennedy-Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Not happy with the hate JKH gets on this board.

If he’d kicked some of those posters he missed he’d have similar if not better stats than Nibbler.

JKH is a good kick in general play, a VERY good pressure player which you need in finals, and he doesn’t even butcher the ball one quarter as many times as this board would lead you to believe.

Jks it’s JKH’s burner account. But seriously, lay off the man. I can’t believe people think Bugg should get another year while JKH is delist material. I think he should get another contract even if it’s on the rookie list; as we see with Hogan Jeffy and Petracca not everyone can learn to apply elite pressure.

Doesn’t kick enough goals and I wouldn’t mind seeing Hannan in for him. But if JKH plays this week it’s well deserved. Looks to be a finals wildcard in the mould of Max Rooke; at least he is anything but soft.

Then again I have prejudice against Josh Wagner so it’s not like I should be telling others to lose their bias against a player who admittedly hasnt been AFL standard before. But I think this year has been JKH’s best by far

Disagree that this is his best year but I agree with you on everything else. He's not a world beater but nor is he meant to be. He's a role player and right now he is doing his role to a reasonable standard. Most of all he puts on pressure and has a pretty good tackling technique. I'd happily have him lineup against the Cats if team structure warrants it.

If this guy gets a game next year, we'll be in trouble ladder wise, a spud without any AFL level attributes and should've been delisted. Good on him for somehow eeking a contract out of the club though.

He has good hustle, defensive pressure and runs hard, but I don't think he has the skills or composure to make it as a midfielder, so I don't know why we've been trying to play him as one. I'd like to see him tried as a small forward again next year, or maybe even as a small defender. Neville Jetta didn't look like much of a player until we found the right role for him, so no reason to give up on JKH just yet.

If this guy gets a game next year, we'll be in trouble ladder wise, a spud without any AFL level attributes and should've been delisted. Good on him for somehow eeking a contract out of the club though.

I love when people use the term spud to describe a players ability it shows a complete lack of football knowledge

Maybe put some thought into it and describe what you believe are his deficiencies and how he can improve.

He tries hard, good running ability, plays a team role, will put his body on the line. His kicking isn’t bad but just lacks some confidence with his decision making. His marking and one touch has improved from last year. Needs to win more of the footy. Is in between at the moment, domaintes the vfl but struggles at afl level.

I love when people use the term spud to describe a players ability it shows a complete lack of football knowledge

Maybe put some thought into it and describe what you believe are his deficiencies and how he can improve.

He tries hard, good running ability, plays a team role, will put his body on the line. His kicking isn’t bad but just lacks some confidence with his decision making. His marking and one touch has improved from last year. Needs to win more of the footy. Is in between at the moment, domaintes the vfl but struggles at afl level.

Also you can only cut so many players in one year, and the coaches seem to rate JKH in the top 25 or so at the club.

I think the VFL grand Final depicted his struggles to stay involved in the game.. 1st quarter he was best on ground absolutely dominating with great run and carry and great penetration with his kicking, but he just can’t stay involved for the entire game.. hopefully he can continue to improve because I thought he was much better at AFL level this year when he did play

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think he's become decent depth. His tackling and defensive running really improved this year and to be honest I don't think the coaches cared if he got a heap of the ball so long as he helped the team.

I think there's a tiny tiny part of me that still thinks he could make a fist of being an AFL player but he needs a permanent role and I'm not sure where that would be. Honestly potentially as a back line player due to his love of tackling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has good hustle, defensive pressure and runs hard, but I don't think he has the skills or composure to make it as a midfielder, so I don't know why we've been trying to play him as one. I'd like to see him tried as a small forward again next year, or maybe even as a small defender. Neville Jetta didn't look like much of a player until we found the right role for him, so no reason to give up on JKH just yet.

I agree he seems like a player that is yet to find his role.

The guy isn't the best player going around, but there are a lot of people with short memories in this thread. He was on Neighbours, don't you know.

The guy isn't the best player going around, but there are a lot of people with short memories in this thread. He was on Neighbours, don't you know.
PSO recruitment ad thx

I wouldn’t be surprised if he plays a lot next year. I rated him much higher than Tyson. He is a very creative player and good things happen when he’s involved in the play.

The problem with JKH is that you can pretty quickly determine someone not at AFL level (I hate the term spud) by the effort and willingness to get stuck in.

He seems to have that willingness and effort. So next year is going to be his last chance for him and the coaches to get his role right.

This best 22 is so crowded at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back